Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 10:03 PM

1,069 posts, read 711,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
And yet this backwoods **** kicker thinks they need to be defended. And from who? Who do you think they need defending from? If you didn't think they needed defending from someone you wouldn't support the sign.

BLM and the Rainbow Coalition actually have many, many dissenters. This sheriff has to make up dissenters to defend his views against.
You don't think there are many dissenters to saying Merry Christmas or to the belief in God? He isn't giving you a debate on the merits. He keeps it simple....this is how it's done, and if you don't like it, leave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2015, 10:31 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
You don't think there are many dissenters to saying Merry Christmas or to the belief in God? He isn't giving you a debate on the merits. He keeps it simple....this is how it's done, and if you don't like it, leave
No. There are people who think it's better to say things like "Happy Holidays" to encompass everyone(since obviously not everyone celebrates Christmas) and there are people who don't believe in God(such as myself), but no one is saying that people can't say "Merry Christmas" or worship the God of their choosing. He imagines a war on Christmas, Christianity and American soldiers because he's an idiot. Idiots believe idiotic things without any proof, like a war being waged on Christmas because of coffee cups and peanut butter trees that aren't shaped enough like trees.

If you don't like your silly beliefs being challenged, leave. This is a discussion forum, not your blog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqJUa70LYH4

Old 11-28-2015, 11:07 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,628,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHortonsCoffee View Post
I dont have a problem with the sign. He looks like a guy with a sense of humor actually!

No, he doesn't.

He looks like the kind of guy that would pull over a car for no reason other than they have out of state plates from states north of the Mason Dixon line or another part of the country some of the good ole boys frown upon. You're not speeding or breaking any laws, they just want to bust balls, they let you go, but they pull you over for no reason. They may even ask you " are you thinking of moving here", what that has to do with driving, IDK.

Unless you have experienced that in the south(I did in SC) it's kind of surreal.

That's what he looks like.

Old 11-29-2015, 01:56 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,820,036 times
Quote:
No. There are people who think it's better to say things like "Happy Holidays" to encompass everyone(since obviously not everyone celebrates Christmas) and there are people who don't believe in God(such as myself), but no one is saying that people can't say "Merry Christmas" or worship the God of their choosing. He imagines a war on Christmas, Christianity and American soldiers because he's an idiot. Idiots believe idiotic things without any proof, like a war being waged on Christmas because of coffee cups and peanut butter trees that aren't shaped enough like trees.

If you don't like your silly beliefs being challenged, leave. This is a discussion forum, not your blog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqJUa70LYH4
Why are you so obsessed with blogs hahahbabba

Old 11-29-2015, 05:21 AM

490 posts, read 682,031 times
The fact that Roscoe P Coltrane's evil twin felt the compulsion to put up this sign at all says everything you need to know about him and his ignorant, uneducated, backwoods, moonshine swilling brethren.

Who put Cletus the slack jawed sheriff in charge of who gets to live in his community? If there was a need for a sign at all (there wasn't), surely it would have been better if it read "Welcome to the county. Do whatever you want, however you want. Think what you like, however you like. Just be nice to others and don't break the law"

It beggars belief that anyone would try to leap to the defence of a man who thinks he's the arbiter of what other people should do, and how they should think.

The irony is, if you were to ask Sheriff Billy Bob, he'd tell you (whilst saluting the flag) that he believes in good ole Murkin freedom. Mostly the freedom to tell others they're not free to live in 'his' town.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:03 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
This really made me laugh. Your moniker states that you are from New Jersey. If I remember correctly, even your own State Governor made a comment about New Jersey and rude.
So, you agree that the sign is rude. Good.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:17 AM

Quote:
You don't think there are many dissenters to saying Merry Christmas or to the belief in God?
My question remains unanswered.

Have you, or any of the other sign defenders, ever had someone get up in your face and demand that you not say "Merry Christmas"?

Maybe my question remains unanswered because I asked that responders be HONEST!

Because I know that nothing like that has ever happened to any of you, and it certainly has not happened to anyone in Deputy Dawg's Hickville.

And if you don't like me calling him names, you can just LEAVE this thread! LOL

um hum; don't like being told what to do, do you???

Old 11-29-2015, 07:02 AM

1,069 posts, read 711,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
My question remains unanswered.

Have you, or any of the other sign defenders, ever had someone get up in your face and demand that you not say "Merry Christmas"?

Maybe my question remains unanswered because I asked that responders be HONEST!

Because I know that nothing like that has ever happened to any of you, and it certainly has not happened to anyone in Deputy Dawg's Hickville.

And if you don't like me calling him names, you can just LEAVE this thread! LOL

um hum; don't like being told what to do, do you???
Again, he isn't telling you what to say....he is recommending that if you are offended, you can leave

Last edited by Keep It Simple; 11-29-2015 at 07:20 AM..

Old 11-29-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Again, he isn't telling you what to say....he is recommending that if you are offended, you can leave
Oh, brother! You know exactly what I mean.

Have you ever met someone who was offended by the words "Merry Christmas"? Has Deputy Dawg? No, he hasn't.

And you haven't, either.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:20 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,587,984 times
Quote:
Anyone who thinks there's a war on Christmas, that they're not allowed to say "God bless America," or that they're not allowed to salute American troops is an idiot.
Yes. Straw men here.

Don in Austin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events