Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 10:10 PM

35,067 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

I can see there's no point in posting anything not relating to Shabazz310 on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 10:13 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
You should take 38 minutes out of your life and listen to this extraordinary woman:

Oh wait, you won't. Because you are part of the problem she is talking about.
You're right. At 38 minutes long I won't be watching this Youtube clip. If there is something important in this clip you need to provide bullet points or the time so I can fast forward to it...

I'll be spending the next hour or so watching the walking dead...

Old 11-29-2015, 10:16 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
ha! I'm not white, either. You are muslim. Look at your name. Shabazz.. if you are referring to el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz, he was a member of the nation of islam... a hate organization.
What's in a name

I am Muslim and my actual name is Woodrow. Although when among all Muslims I use Abdullah Muhammad. But here and on Facebook and the Islamic web sites I belong to I use my legal name of Woodrow. My Lithuanian grandparents thought all the Grand kids should have "American" names. I was the second Grandkid born and dear old gramps named me.

Arab Christians and Arab Jews along with Arab Atheists usually have Arab names. Can't always tell by a name what religion a person is.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:20 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,565,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
What's in a name

I am Muslim and my actual name is Woodrow. Although when among all Muslims I use Abdullah Muhammad. But here and on Facebook and the Islamic web sites I belong to I use my legal name of Woodrow. My Lithuanian grandparents thought all the Grand kids should have "American" names. I was the second Grandkid born and dear old gramps named me.

Arab Christians and Arab Jews along with Arab Atheists usually have Arab names. Can't always tell by a name what religion a person is.
Shahbaz is 99% of the times a Muslim's name though.

Old 11-29-2015, 10:31 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Shahbaz is 99% of the times a Muslim's name though.
Possibly, but I doubt that this Shabaz was Muslim

U.S. District Judge Shabaz dies at age 81
U.S. District Judge John Shabaz, a conservative Republican lawmaker named to the federal bench by President Ronald Reagan in 1981, died Friday. He was 81.

Shabaz served eight terms in the Wisconsin Assembly - earning the nickname "Dr. No," along with then-Rep. Tommy Thompson, for their efforts to thwart Democratic legislation - before taking the bench in the Western District of Wisconsin.

Shabaz served as chief judge from 1996 to 2001. He moved to senior status, a form of semiretirement, in 2009.
John Shabaz - U.S. District Judge Shabaz dies at age 81

Old 11-29-2015, 10:42 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
What's in a name

You are a convert to Islam and you were born and raised a white American Christian, that's why you don't have an Arabic, Muslim name

Old 11-29-2015, 11:54 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
You are a convert to Islam and you were born and raised a white American Christian, that's why you don't have an Arabic, Muslim name
But there are Middle Eastern Christians with names that you might associate with Muslims. At my last job I worked with four Syrian software developers, all Christian and all raised in Syria; Abdullah, Hisham, Issa & Zaki.

Old 11-30-2015, 12:57 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
.....Now back to your question about “why white supremacy even being brought into the discussion?” You right wingers are okay with violating the civil rights of others but when your religious institutions, yes the institutions right wingers hold dear that perpetuates white supremacy are monitored, you’ll be up in arms. Certain people are suggesting that it’s okay to monitor Islamic institutions but those same people would scream about government overreach if the authority they’re so quick to give to the government is used against them.

You want to know why, here’s your reason^^^
Well, I'm not a rightwinger except in limited ways, but I'd like to point out that the feds do indeed monitor extremist Christian and other "homegrown" groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
No, they just maim and kill people because they believe that one race is inferior to another, and many of them are based on Protestant Christianity. Have you read the Bible? It's not exactly a book that promotes peace. Once again, this poster claims that my God is better than yours. So let's have a battle of the imaginary gods, shall we? Will all the gods FINALLY make themselves visible and heard?
This seems like a valid point ........ if I might summarize: all religions are primitive superstitious nonsense, so Islam is no more dangerous than the others. As the Reverend Lovejoy once said to Ned on the Simpsons, "Ned, have you thought about one of the other major religions? They're all pretty much the same."

However Islam IS more dangerous than most religions, simply because of the teachings and especially the actions of the founder. While Christians have finally come to mature a bit and realize that Jesus didn't promote violence, conquest, and forcible conversions (even when they still do so occasionally in practice), that's unfortunately not the case with Islam. Their founder Muhammed said some very nice things, but there's no getting around the fact that he waged war extensively and not always in defense, and slaughtered his enemies who had already surrendered. Unlike other religious fouders, he actually advocated violent jihad and conquest.

So nowadays we're seeing "good Christians" who actually follow teachings of Jesus, while the "bad Cristians" cherry-pick scriptures to suit violent beliefs. We're also seeing "bad Muslims" who pretty much don't know their own religion and thus are peaceable, while "good Muslims" are actually the monority who promote violent jihad, just as their founder did.

Thus the peculiar danger of Islam compared to Christianity or Buddhism ..... they will only become worse as they learn their own religion, while the others will get better as they learn.

Old 11-30-2015, 02:19 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
But there are Middle Eastern Christians with names that you might associate with Muslims. At my last job I worked with four Syrian software developers, all Christian and all raised in Syria; Abdullah, Hisham, Issa & Zaki.
Yep. I've known many Middle Eastern Christians with surnames others might associate with Muslims. I also know a couple of Jewish people with Arabic last names, yes that does exist.

Old 11-30-2015, 06:16 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
I put that idiot on block a while ago. He always says the same stupid things, knee-jerk reactions and straw man arguments. Is incapable of actually thinking for himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I can see there's no point in posting anything not relating to Shabazz310 on this thread.
I can see. Say something wrong, well I did not mean to say that and then say the same wrong thing again worded slightly different. LOL

Quote:
Thank you! I was thinking the same exact thing.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events