Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 06:18 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
You are a convert to Islam and you were born and raised a white American Christian, that's why you don't have an Arabic, Muslim name
Less than 20% of Muslims are Arab. The majority of American Arabs are Christians.

Are Most Arab Americans Christian?
The Detroit News reports that 75 percent of Arabs in the U.S. are Christian. Why is that?

Are Most Arab Americans Christian? | Christianity Today

Although I often pass for white I am predominately Mongol "Lietuva Lipkas" (Polish/Lithuanian Tatar) However these days most people think I am Native America, Possibly because my wife is Cheyenne and we associate mostly with Lakota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 06:27 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Less than 20% of Muslims are Arab. The majority of American Arabs are Christians.

Are Most Arab Americans Christian?
The Detroit News reports that 75 percent of Arabs in the U.S. are Christian. Why is that?

Are Most Arab Americans Christian? | Christianity Today

Although I often pass for white I am predominately Mongol "Lietuva Lipkas" (Polish/Lithuanian Tatar) However these days most people think I am Native America, Possibly because my wife is Cheyenne and we associate mostly with Lakota.
Again:

Quote:
You are a convert to Islam and you were born and raised a white American Christian, that's why you don't have an Arabic, Muslim name
Also how do you know you are "predominately Mongol"?

Old 11-30-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Again:

Also how do you know you are "predominately Mongol"?
Two strong hints, When I was a kid my mother was often mistaken for being Japanese, which was not a good thing as that was in the 1940s. Next indication is I had very sparse facial fur and at most could only grow a Fumanchu Mustache that looked like a wilted caterpillar. But strangely after accepting Islam I grew a full beard, prior I basically never shaved in my life and could not even grow a 5 O'clock shadow.

Another indication is my Family tree traces back to the Tatar settlement in Vilnius were my Grandfather grew up. My grand father on my Mother's side was 100% Lietuva Lipkas and My Mother's Mother was half Lithuanian Tatar and Polish Jew. My Father was 1/2 Tatar his Mother was Tatar, but his father was a Heinz 57

Old 11-30-2015, 07:32 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI
But strangely after accepting Islam I grew a full beard, prior I basically never shaved in my life and could not even grow a 5 O'clock shadow.

It's an Eid miracle!

Old 11-30-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Two strong hints, When I was a kid my mother was often mistaken for being Japanese, which was not a good thing as that was in the 1940s. Next indication is I had very sparse facial fur and at most could only grow a Fumanchu Mustache that looked like a wilted caterpillar. But strangely after accepting Islam I grew a full beard, prior I basically never shaved in my life and could not even grow a 5 O'clock shadow.

Another indication is my Family tree traces back to the Tatar settlement in Vilnius were my Grandfather grew up. My grand father on my Mother's side was 100% Lietuva Lipkas and My Mother's Mother was half Lithuanian Tatar and Polish Jew. My Father was 1/2 Tatar his Mother was Tatar, but his father was a Heinz 57
I really am not sure I trust this kind of stuff....especially with you being so specific as to identify with the Golden Horde. So many Americans wrongfully claim they have "a little Indian" in them for the same reasons.

Your looks are not unusual at all as this topic has been discussed and studied before. I do not think there is a clear answer but it is not highly unusual for norther Europeans to look Asian.

I am not surprised that your beard has grown in better as you have gotten older. I am a little shocked that you think this is unusual and in some way related to your acceptance of a religion.

Easy to find out with a DNA test. Claiming to be specifically descended from the Golden Horde without proof is the same as non-American Indian people claiming they have Indian in them. How do Indians feel about that?

Old 11-30-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimt7 View Post
it's an eid miracle!
lol!

Old 11-30-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I really am not sure I trust this kind of stuff....especially with you being so specific as to identify with the Golden Horde. So many Americans wrongfully claim they have "a little Indian" in them for the same reasons.

Your looks are not unusual at all as this topic has been discussed and studied before. I do not think there is a clear answer but it is not highly unusual for norther Europeans to look Asian.

I am not surprised that your beard has grown in better as you have gotten older. I am a little shocked that you think this is unusual and in some way related to your acceptance of a religion.

Easy to find out with a DNA test. Claiming to be specifically descended from the Golden Horde without proof is the same as non-American Indian people claiming they have Indian in them. How do Indians feel about that?
However, I do know my Grandfather on my Mothers side was Tatar and that was one of the reason he migrated to the US in 1895. There was considerable persecution of the Tatars even the Christian ones like my Grandfather's family.

As a Boy I was very close to my Grandfather until his death in 1955 just before my 15th Birthday. I still recall his stories of life as a Tatar in pre WWl Lithuania. He was about 20 years old when he Left Lithuania in 1895 and right at 65 when I was born.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:04 AM

Quote:
However, I do know my Grandfather on my Mothers side was Tatar and that was one of the reason he migrated to the US in 1895. There was considerable persecution of the Tatars even the Christian ones like my Grandfather's family.

As a Boy I was very close to my Grandfather until his death in 1955 just before my 15th Birthday. I still recall his stories of life as a Tatar in pre WWl Lithuania. He was about 20 years old when he Left Lithuania in 1895 and right at 65 when I was born.
Which leads us back to this:

Quote:

Old 11-30-2015, 01:23 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Many churches teach radicalized white supremacy. Should we monitor all places of worship because of what might be said inside?

Total nonsense.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:26 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
Many mosques in the Western world preach hatred towards Infidels and Western civilization.
It's true.

I've never heard such a thing in a Jewish or Christian house of worship. I've never been to a mosque and have no intention of going to one. To me, Islam is a dangerous death cult.

I hope that mosques embracing extremist ideology are a very small minority in the West. Unfortunately, all it takes is one little scro to get radicalized. One person can cause a lot of damage and destruction, especially when they don't care whether they themselves are killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events