Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 09:33 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,070,030 times

Advertisements

So you guys are trying to tell someone else that they are a white Caucasian male? Even when he tells you his granddad was a man of Mongolian descent. So if I said I know Muslims and Christians who have the exact same last names and first names then would you tell me I was lying? Roughly 30% of the Yoruba Ethnic Group is Muslim and although many have traditional Muslim first names most have Yoruba last names. Although many do when converting to Islam and many are born with Arabic names, their are white, black, mixed, middle-eastern, Asian, Indian, Pashtun, even Hispanic etc. Muslims and many have traditional names as previously stated only 20% of Muslims are actually Arab, and if you want to call everyone from Pakistan to Sudan an arab (because I don't know how many time I have to tel people that Iranians aren't Arab neither are Turkish people and they are often closely related to other Caucasians from Europe), even then this covers maybe 50%-80% of all Muslims depending on if you stop at Pakistan or include Bangladesh and India as "Arab".
I never understood why people talked about how bad Muslim countries are without ever stepping into these countries and experiencing it first hand. I mean it's okay to look at stats and everything but then your trying to call people out who you know next to nothing about.
Like when people Quote Kuran scriptures without even reading the entire book once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 10:30 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
So you guys are trying to tell someone else that they are a white Caucasian male? Even when he tells you his granddad was a man of Mongolian descent. So if I said I know Muslims and Christians who have the exact same last names and first names then would you tell me I was lying? Roughly 30% of the Yoruba Ethnic Group is Muslim and although many have traditional Muslim first names most have Yoruba last names. Although many do when converting to Islam and many are born with Arabic names, their are white, black, mixed, middle-eastern, Asian, Indian, Pashtun, even Hispanic etc. Muslims and many have traditional names as previously stated only 20% of Muslims are actually Arab, and if you want to call everyone from Pakistan to Sudan an arab (because I don't know how many time I have to tel people that Iranians aren't Arab neither are Turkish people and they are often closely related to other Caucasians from Europe), even then this covers maybe 50%-80% of all Muslims depending on if you stop at Pakistan or include Bangladesh and India as "Arab".
I never understood why people talked about how bad Muslim countries are without ever stepping into these countries and experiencing it first hand. I mean it's okay to look at stats and everything but then your trying to call people out who you know next to nothing about.
Like when people Quote Kuran scriptures without even reading the entire book once.
I'm a woman, so no, I won't go to a Muslim country. I don't want to be arrested for walking around without a male escourt, or for having my hair or ankles uncovered in public.

Life is too short for that stupid nonsense. If Muslims want to live like crazy savages who can't bear to see a woman's hair in the sunlight outdoors without getting angry at her or freaking out, they can have fun living that lifestyle.

I would rather vacation in the Caribbean where I could walk around topless if I wanted to and nobody would harass me or try to get me stoned to death.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:35 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I was born in a Muslim country, and I have news for you; the vast majority of Muslim countries suck.

No sane Woman, LGBT, or Infidel would want to live in any of those Islamic hell-holes.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:47 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
I'm a woman, so no, I won't go to a Muslim country. I don't want to be arrested for walking around without a male escourt, or for having my hair or ankles uncovered in public.

Life is too short for that stupid nonsense. If Muslims want to live like crazy savages who can't bear to see a woman's hair in the sunlight outdoors without getting angry at her or freaking out, they can have fun living that lifestyle.

I would rather vacation in the Caribbean where I could walk around topless if I wanted to and nobody would harass me or try to get me stoned to death.

Aside from some of the beaches on some islands, while you won't be stoned to death, you will be in the least told to cover up and might be arrested on most. Please don't. And on the islands where topless bathing is allowed on the beaches, for God's sake don't enter a beach restaurant or walk around on the streets (surely you wouldn't?) that way. Locals tend to be very religious and conservative and it's considered rude if not totally illegal. As for the various Muslim countries, they also vary.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:41 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I was born in a Muslim country, and I have news for you; the vast majority of Muslim countries suck. No sane Woman, LGBT, or Infidel would want to live in any of those Islamic hell-holes.
I have a Syrian Christian friend whose family lives in an area frequented by Saudi tourists. He said that while the Saudi's are there no children or young women go out in public without an adult male because the Saudis will rape both boys and girls.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:28 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I was born in a Muslim country, and I have news for you; the vast majority of Muslim countries suck.

No sane Woman, LGBT, or Infidel would want to live in any of those Islamic hell-holes.
At various times during my 45 years as a Christian I lived throughout North Africa and the Mideast and was never once harmed, threatened or harassed.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:41 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,070,030 times
I agree, but I refuse to talk about a country until I have gone there. For example Turkey might not be the norm in muslim countries but I saw women walking alone all the time, I saw women in short shorts (Mostly tourists), Hijab-less Turkish women (We stayed near several universities in Ankara and went to other Turkish cities), although what you may say about certain Muslim countries is true, out of the two Majority Muslim countries I have been in, no one I know has been forced to wear a hijab except when the group entered a famous mosque. Yes Turkey and Nigeria which are both on the fringe of the dar-al-Islam world, aren't the best examples but in Istanbul maybe 60-80% of Women wore a hijab and most tourists didn't. Same in Ankara, although the other cities it was noticeably higher. I recommend going to Turkey and not going to Antalya and Istanbul, amazing country outside of those two cities. When we went, their was never a moment were we felt endangered, we played soccer with the local kids and ourselves almost everyday. We even took pictures with many locals and many of the women took pictures regardless of whether they had a hijab on or not. In Nigeria not even in the 12 sharia law states does everyone even wear a hijab. Although most Muslim women do, many do not.
Also for some reason most people think the Hijab is forced on women, although it maybe forced on a certain group of people, many Muslim women have the hijab as the most precious thing they own.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:47 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,600,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
At various times during my 45 years as a Christian I lived throughout North Africa and the Mideast and was never once harmed, threatened or harassed.
And your 45 years as a christian was looong ago when N Africa and the middle east were very different places... not ruled by what they are ruled today. Today, you would not last long as a Christian. You know what I say is true.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:56 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
And your 45 years as a christian was looong ago when N Africa and the middle east were very different places... not ruled by what they are ruled today. Today, you would not last long as a Christian. You know what I say is true.
That is true for some Islamic nations. But it should not be generalized as being like that in all or even having been like that always in the nations were it now is.

My wife is a Hijabi, she would break my arm in a heart beat if I ever tried to remove her Hijab against her will. Believe me she is one tough Cheyenne woman and takes no nonsense from any man, including me. She wears the Hijab because she loves Allaah(swt) and Islam. Not because any one has told her to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events