Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 02:34 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yeah, you do. Rates are continually declining, yet that's somehow not good enough for you.

And I'm not concerned with timid civilians who wet themselves every time someone who doesn't look like them is in their vicinity. I'm talking about cops, who are trained for these types of situations.

When it's 35 degrees here and I walk my dog before bed while wearing a hoodie and sweats, does that make me look like a thug?

Interesting how you admit the problem with bad "produce and dairy" (eggs, apples, tomatoes, ) on police forces, yet you aren't clamoring for internal reform there, like you are for civilian communities.

More hot air.
So what, in 40 years from now we can expect black on black crime to be equal to white crime? Seems like a hell of a long time to me.

You know what it takes? It takes just one parent to dedicate the time and effort to a child to raise them, to help educate them and to get them through high school, where if they study hard enough have a chance to go to college. That's what it takes. It takes dedication to the children. It takes the mothers of the gang members to tell their kids they effed up and to make something of themselves instead of relying on crime and violence to live day to day.

You keep saying "hot air" but aren't admitting there's a problem, which mean's your blind, deaf, and stupid to what is actually going on around you. Yes, things are "better" than they were, but they still aren't good or anywhere near good. So stop pretending that just because things are "better" means that more can't be done to further improve upon it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 02:47 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
So what, in 40 years from now we can expect black on black crime to be equal to white crime? Seems like a hell of a long time to me.

You know what it takes? It takes just one parent to dedicate the time and effort to a child to raise them, to help educate them and to get them through high school, where if they study hard enough have a chance to go to college. That's what it takes. It takes dedication to the children. It takes the mothers of the gang members to tell their kids they effed up and to make something of themselves instead of relying on crime and violence to live day to day.

You keep saying "hot air" but aren't admitting there's a problem, which mean's your blind, deaf, and stupid to what is actually going on around you. Yes, things are "better" than they were, but they still aren't good or anywhere near good. So stop pretending that just because things are "better" means that more can't be done to further improve upon it.
Of course there's a problem with CRIME, period, and with black on black crime, but unlike you, I actual try to improve the issue with action, instead of sit on a forum and judge entire group and communities. These "solutions" of yours, have you put any to practice in your local inner city community? Yeah, didn't think so. That's why it's hot air.

Wait, what? To equal white crime?? Isn't all crime a problem? is that the barometer? So black on black crime is a problem until it's the same as white on white crime, then it's not a problem, anymore.

And there you have it.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Of course there's a problem with CRIME, period, and with black on black crime, but unlike you, I actual try to improve the issue with action, instead of sit on a forum and judge entire group and communities. These "solutions" of yours, have you put any to practice in your local inner city community? Yeah, didn't think so. That's why it's hot air.

Wait, what? To equal white crime?? Isn't all crime a problem? is that the barometer? So black on black crime is a problem until it's the same as white on white crime, then it's not a problem, anymore.

And there you have it.
I don't need to do anything. I don't live downtown, nor venture downtown often.

What I said is I'd rather see the time, money, and effort these BLM people are spending protesting in stores and apply that effort, time, and money in their own communities. That is what will make a huge impact.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I don't need to do anything. I don't live downtown, nor venture downtown often.

What I said is I'd rather see the time, money, and effort these BLM people are spending protesting in stores and apply that effort, time, and money in their own communities. That is what will make a huge impact.
You don't? Why not? Are you not American? Ah, you're so quick to give your .02 with your 'solutions', but don't want to help when called out.

And what does living downtown have to do with anything? I don't live downtown, but that doesn't stop me from helping inner city youth. And BLM and activist groups do work within the black community, that is what I have already posted and that is what you continually ignore.

And I'll ask you again, since you ignored it the first time. Is not all crime bad and needs to be addressed, and if not, why is white on white crime the barometer? And why not Asian on Asian crime?

Old 12-29-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
You don't? Why not? Are you not American? Ah, you're so quick to give your .02 with your 'solutions', but don't want to help when called out.

And what does living downtown have to do with anything? I don't live downtown, but that doesn't stop me from helping inner city youth. And BLM and activist groups do work within the black community, that is what I have already posted and that is what you continually ignore.

And I'll ask you again, since you ignored it the first time. Is not all crime bad and needs to be addressed, and if not, why is white on white crime the barometer? And why not Asian on Asian crime?
Asian crime would fall under the "White/Other" statistic.

All crime is bad, yes. But being realistic, you will never completely get rid of crime. But when a specific group is causing the majority of the crime, that group needs to be addressed to solve the issue.

Yes, 18 victims is 18 white victims too many. But 394 is in a completely other league.

I'm not ignoring the work people have done in the communities. I'm saying that time protesting could be better used. If you had 20 people protesting for 3 hours, that's 60 hours that could have been used to help kids with their homework or to rebuild a run-down building or whatever else their community needs.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Asian crime would fall under the "White/Other" statistic.

All crime is bad, yes. But being realistic, you will never completely get rid of crime. But when a specific group is causing the majority of the crime, that group needs to be addressed to solve the issue.

Yes, 18 victims is 18 white victims too many. But 394 is in a completely other league.

I'm not ignoring the work people have done in the communities. I'm saying that time protesting could be better used. If you had 20 people protesting for 3 hours, that's 60 hours that could have been used to help kids with their homework or to rebuild a run-down building or whatever else their community needs.
Uhhhh. No it doesn't. But, way to ignore the question again.

Yeah, a specific group is committing the majority of all crime. But it's not blacks.

And some people/groups can multi-task. Fight to improve their communities and fight to change cop on civilian crime. Not their fault that's too difficult for you to understand.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Uhhhh. No it doesn't. But, way to ignore the question again.

Yeah, a specific group is committing the majority of all crime. But it's not blacks.

And some people/groups can multi-task. Fight to improve their communities and fight to change cop on civilian crime. Not their fault that's too difficult for you to understand.
Okay, you got me. Who is it? Aliens? Terrorists? Obama?

Looking at the raw statistics, in Chicago, it is blacks.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Okay, you got me. Who is it? Aliens? Terrorists? Obama?

Looking at the raw statistics, in Chicago, it is blacks.
Believe it or not, there is a whole country outside of Chicago.

Like I said, BLM and black activist groups are going to continue do what I said they are doing for their communities and society, whether they meet with your pace or not.

Let me know when you're ready to explain why:

• blacks are responsible for the actions of other blacks
  • black on black crime must be eradicated before BLM can address cop on civilian crimes
  • you don't help out with inner city communities despite willfully giving your "solutions"
  • and why you chose the barometer for crime rate to be white on white and not Asian on Asian crime, despite the latter being far less than the former (I'm still laughing at Asian crime stats being lumped together with whites.)

Old 12-29-2015, 07:50 PM

21,866 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, it is a shame American citizens have to resort to protest to get justice and a system that works for the people instead of only working for their own fellow cops. I think this is just a tad more important then shopping.
I doubt they'll be shopping after they're done protesting. Seems more like the picked an area where the shops mostly catered to those with more money than they had, so even if they do do some shopping it most likely own't be there.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:58 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl
Yes, it is a shame American citizens have to resort to protest to get justice and a system that works for the people instead of only working for their own fellow cops. I think this is just a tad more important then shopping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
I doubt they'll be shopping after they're done protesting. Seems more like the picked an area where the shops mostly catered to those with more money than they had, so even if they do do some shopping it most likely own't be there.
I think the point was that they disrupted the people shopping on the Magnificent Mile. I don't think anyone said it took the people protesting out of those stores and kept them from shopping in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events