Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 09:50 AM

540 posts, read 653,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Of course we support our own Hoods. Stevie Wonder could see that, so your not making a Nobel Prize Discovery here. Took you this long to figure that out?

The question you should be asking is why Thugs, like BLM, and the Trash we saw in Ferguson, don't support their own Hoods and make them better places, instead of looting them, and burning them down when they "Protest" with riots, Arson, looting, and Criminal destruction? The Protesters "Torch" buildings, over the shooting of Criminal Felons, and then wonder why folks want to shoot them. It aint Rocket Science.

Why do you "Migrate" to this Forum, if its so bad? Don't Hood Rats like the BLM have a forum you could occupy and be happy with?
It's obvious you're a racist, and when I say white hoods I'm not talking about Neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2015, 09:58 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky305 View Post
A police chief getting the boot is nothing new in Chicago as it happens all the time. One chief is removed to put in a new one to further the mayor plans. It is not major change as you try to make it out to be.

Normal employees at regular jobs get a paid suspension until investigations are over so its not some secret thing. That is not the main reason for their protest as evidence by their tactics. If they were so worried about it, they would be protesting in those important places instead of in front of retail stores that has nothing to do with the situation

How stupid of me to question your reasoning. I didn't know it wasn't unusual for a police chief of one of the nation's largest cities to get axed over a shooting. Now that I understand that is a normal operating procedure I feel I've been enlightened.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:04 AM

299 posts, read 187,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
How stupid of me to question your reasoning. I didn't know it wasn't unusual for a police chief of one of the nation's largest cities to get axed over a shooting. Now that I understand that is a normal operating procedure I feel I've been enlightened.
I think you are trying to be funny now. The police chief was asked to resign because of high crime rate and the handling of the case.

All one needs to do is look at how so many past chiefs in Chicago resigned/and or were replaced by the mayors.

John J. Escalante (current)
- Garry F. McCarthy (resigned)
- Terry Hillard (replaced Weis after resignation)(replaced by McCarthy by Mayor Emanuel)
- Jody Peter "J.P." Weis(resigned) appointed by then Mayor Richard M. Daley
- Philip J. Cline (resigned)(replaced by Weis)

Sorry to burst the bubble on your major change/ making history line

Last edited by GritsCode; 12-02-2015 at 10:25 AM..

Old 12-29-2015, 04:41 AM

316 posts, read 214,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, it is a shame American citizens have to resort to protest to get justice and a system that works for the people instead of only working for their own fellow cops. I think this is just a tad more important then shopping.
There's protesting and there' being a bully.It's more ashamed that innocent citizens have to deal with these bullying tactics. I would be darned afraid as a cop let alone a WHITE one.As far as everyone having a stake or things more important than shopping, they have NO RIGHT to disrupt lives.Only the race can change itself GO protest in the right places :the judge's house, the cop's house, the courthouse the White House, but leave innocent shoppers alone. Sometimes, a race has to stop blaming other races and look at ways to change. They are the only ones who can make change. In spite of himself, Bill Cosby has told his race for years to quit living the stereotypes.

Old 12-29-2015, 07:51 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,300,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddma View Post
There's protesting and there' being a bully.It's more ashamed that innocent citizens have to deal with these bullying tactics. I would be darned afraid as a cop let alone a WHITE one.As far as everyone having a stake or things more important than shopping, they have NO RIGHT to disrupt lives.Only the race can change itself GO protest in the right places :the judge's house, the cop's house, the courthouse the White House, but leave innocent shoppers alone. Sometimes, a race has to stop blaming other races and look at ways to change. They are the only ones who can make change. In spite of himself, Bill Cosby has told his race for years to quit living the stereotypes.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:03 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,636,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post

The concept has been explained ad-nauseam. Your "timeline" is irrelevant to why BLM protests, because it's about cop on civilian crimes, and not civilian on civilian crimes.

It's not their fault some people are incapable of understanding a simple premise or are intentionally obtuse. That's not their job or responsibility.

Did it ever occur to the idiotic BLM people that civilian on civilian crimes go hand in hand with cop on civilian issues?

The reason why the cops are so edgy in the first place is due to the black on black crime in the city (or cities, all over the US). Clean up the crime and murders, and then the fear of black crime goes down.

I'm not giving the cops a free pass here at all -- they should be responsible for their actions. But you need to realize that if BLM really wants change, they need to start from within. Change the community.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:16 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
Did it ever occur to the idiotic BLM people that civilian on civilian crimes go hand in hand with cop on civilian issues?

The reason why the cops are so edgy in the first place is due to the black on black crime in the city (or cities, all over the US). Clean up the crime and murders, and then the fear of black crime goes down.

I'm not giving the cops a free pass here at all -- they should be responsible for their actions. But you need to realize that if BLM really wants change, they need to start from within. Change the community.
No surprise here. Another poster who doesn't get it, because their only knowledge of BLM is what the media feeds them.

This is why I ejected on this thread.

You may not have noticed black protests against crime, but that doesn’t mean they haven’t happened.

Quote:
First, a little context: In the last 20 years, we’ve seen a sharp drop in homicide among blacks, from a victimization rate of 39.4 homicides per 100,000 in 1991 to a rate of roughly 20 homicides per 100,000 in 2008. Likewise, the offending rate for blacks has dropped from 51.1 offenders per 100,000 in 1991 to 24.7 offenders per 100,000 in 2008. This decrease has continued through the 2010s and is part of a larger—and largelyunexplained—national drop in crime.
 The Movement Against Police Violence Isn’t Ignoring ‘Black-on-Black Crime’

Quote:
 But for those not satisfied with that sort of long-term investment in reducing violence, there are groups like S.O.S. Crown Heights in New York City that do anti–gun violence work, through a number of different community-outreach programs, including violence intervention and teaching conflict mediation. They also help put communities in touch with mental-health services and assist in the search for jobs. And this is done without arrests, without prisons, without police, without the carceral state.
The national focus at the moment may be that of police violence, but that does not mean this movement is ignoring every other form of violence facing black communities. On the contrary, it is expanding its focus to put an end to all forms of oppressive violence and to build a better future for all black lives.
11 Major Misconceptions About the Black Lives Matter Movement

Quote:
1. The movement doesn’t care about black-on-black crime. The idea that black-on-black crime is not a significant political conversation among black people is patently false. In Chicago, long maligned for its high rates of intraracial murder, members of the community created the Violence Interrupters to disrupt violent altercations before they escalate. However, those who insist on talking about black-on-black crime frequently fail to acknowledge that most crime is intraracial. Ninety-three percent of black murder victims are killed by other black people. Eighty-four percent of white murder victims are killed by other white people. The continued focus on black-on-black crime is a diversionary tactic, whose goal is to suggest that black people don’t have the right to be outraged about police violence in vulnerable black communities, because those communities have a crime problem. The Black Lives Matter movement acknowledges the crime problem, but it refuses to locate that crime problem as a problem of black pathology. Black people are not inherently more violent or more prone to crime than other groups. But black people are disproportionately poorer, more likely to be targeted by police and arrested, and more likely to attend poor or failing schools. All of these social indicators place one at greater risk for being either a victim or a perpetrator of violent crime. To reduce violent crime, we must fight to change systems, rather than demonizing people.
But because you don't hear or read about it or help, it must not exist in your mind, then you spout off on forums and to people about how blacks don't care about "their community", when you really couldn't be further off from the truth.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
No surprise here. Another poster who doesn't get it, because their only knowledge of BLM is what the media feeds them.

This is why I ejected on this thread.

You may not have noticed black protests against crime, but that doesn’t mean they haven’t happened.

The Movement Against Police Violence Isn’t Ignoring ‘Black-on-Black Crime’

11 Major Misconceptions About the Black Lives Matter Movement

But because you don't hear or read about it or help, it must not exist in your mind, then you spout off on forums and to people about how blacks don't care about "their community", when you really couldn't be further off from the truth.
2015 Stats | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!

Take a look at numbers before spewing more of the BLM propaganda. 80.2% of violent crime in Chicago is aimed at blacks with 70.1% caused by... you guessed..... blacks.

Hispanics are the next largest group with 16/15% (victim/shooter). So when your largest group of violent crime comes from one race, don't go telling me that it's just "media"

The black community has an issue that they need to fix.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:10 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
2015 Stats | Chicago Murder, Crime & Mayhem | HeyJackass!

Take a look at numbers before spewing more of the BLM propaganda. 80.2% of violent crime in Chicago is aimed at blacks with 70.1% caused by... you guessed..... blacks.

Hispanics are the next largest group with 16/15% (victim/shooter). So when your largest group of violent crime comes from one race, don't go telling me that it's just "media"

The black community has an issue that they need to fix.
You literally just ignored everything I posted and called it propaganda because it's contrary to your simple, incorrect belief. Did you even read the links?

This is why you can't have a discussion with people like this. Even when you show stats discussing the decline in homicides among blacks, their response is, "it isn't good enough".

Even when you show them sources of blacks trying to improve and prevent crime within the black community, it isn't good enough.

Even with all the efforts, no one can control another person's actions, but that's still not good enough.

Even with the majority of law-abiding blacks in this country, it's not good enough.

If your neighbor is the same skin color as you, and he kills his family, should you be held responsible for his actions? If not, then why are blacks and Muslims as a group responsible for actions of those they can't control?

What happens in Chicago has zero to do with what happened to Walter Scott in Charleston, yet people will say, "Well, young black males disproportionately commit ___", as if that somehow justifies a young, black male being gunned down from behind. That is absolutely disgusting and deplorable.

Activist groups can concurrently fight to see change in their community, as well as with cop-on-civilian crime, which is exactly what black activist groups do. Whether you approve or support it, is irrelevant, but stop spewing garbage that blacks don't attempt to address issues in their community.

Old 12-29-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
You literally just ignored everything I posted and called it propaganda because it's contrary to your simple, incorrect belief. Did you even read the links?

This is why you can't have a discussion with people like this. Even when you show stats discussing the decline in homicides among blacks, their response is, "it isn't good enough".

Even when you show them sources of blacks trying to improve and prevent crime within the black community, it isn't good enough.

Even with all the efforts, no one can control another person's actions, but that's still not good enough.

Even with the majority of law-abiding blacks in this country, it's not good enough.

If your neighbor is the same skin color as you, and he kills his family, should you be held responsible for his actions? If not, then why are blacks and Muslims as a group responsible for actions of those they can't control?

What happens in Chicago has zero to do with what happened to Walter Scott in Charleston, yet people will say, "Well, young black males disproportionately commit ___", as if that somehow justifies a young, black male being gunned down from behind. That is absolutely disgusting and deplorable.

Activist groups can concurrently fight to see change in their community, as well as with cop-on-civilian crime, which is exactly what black activist groups do. Whether you approve or support it, is irrelevant, but stop spewing garbage that blacks don't attempt to address issues in their community.
You're right. It's not good enough. Not when black violent crimes account for 5x the amount of the next highest race.

It goes deeper than the skin color -- it's the community. Who are these violent blacks? I'd take a gander most are involved in gang activity and are young -- late teens to early 30's. High school dropouts. Possible current or past hard drug use.

What caused them to get to the point that it became acceptable to kill another human? Peer pressure (from friends or family)? Lack of support from home? Lack of motivation?

Many of these black teens and young adults live the "thug" life in these areas. They dress it, they act it, they become part of it.

I grew up in the Chicago suburbs in a upper-middle class area. I knew plenty of black classmates who went on to college. I also knew a handful of black students who chose the other route and were in gangs. By the time I graduated college, one of them who was in a gang that was a classmate of mine had fathered 3 kids by different women and ended up getting himself arrested for carrying an illegal firearm and drug possession.

The gangs and the community are the issue. It takes a community to raise a child. And for the children who quit school, join gangs, get involved with heavy drugs.... the community and their family failed them.

Until you can get black violence down to levels that near other races, it's going to continue to be a problem. Perhaps the BLM folks should go into the neighborhoods and protest gangs and drug violence. Protest illegal firearm usage. Clean up their community. Encourage and help youth get through school and have goals in their life. That would be much, much more useful than protest to in the middle of a shopping mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events