Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 01:18 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,348,031 times

Advertisements

ATG just went beastmode, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 01:26 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
To be fair, you weren't there either. Right?

I watch the News and I can see what they are doing, unlike you, trying to tell us what they are thinking. Big difference. When I see thugs interfering with another's rights, and preventing them from moving about freely, that's all I need to see. There is no excuse for it. Don't have to be there. I am not blind, or a Bleeding Heart.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
ATG just went beastmode, lol.
Sir, I'm about to eject on this thread. There's only so much _______ (I want to use about 40 words there) I can tolerate from these "adults".

I should've ejected earlier when some guy called these protesters thugs right before wishing they all would get ran over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I watch the News and I can see what they are doing, unlike you, trying to tell us what they are thinking. Big difference. When I see thugs interfering with another's rights, and preventing them from moving about freely, that's all I need to see. There is no excuse for it. Don't have to be there. I am not blind, or a Bleeding Heart.
Nope, just a hypocrite, who can't see the irony of his posts in front of his own face.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Its your right not to care but you have no more right to be on that street than they do.

That's a hilarious statement. So by your way of thinking, if I was out there blocking you from going anywhere, that's my right to do so? What Country did you come from? If I kept you from going in a Store, I bet you would be screaming "Police" at the top of your lungs. Talk is cheap until it happens to you, right?

Old 12-01-2015, 01:36 PM

299 posts, read 187,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
To cover it, objectively, to create a discussion, not to create controversy and division. That's what MSM did and of course, people played right into their hands.
You don't create meaningful discussion by the tactic used by BLM, in fact you do the opposite

Quote:
By "outrage", you mean mass protests? So which is it? People complain that BLM protests in public spaces, and now you're complaining that they didn't protest in public spaces over this kid's death? Which is it?
I clearly said the family and family attorney said there was no outrage and that color was a reason.

Amid heightened scrutiny of fatal police shootings across the country, Hammond’s death has prompted numerous questions, few answers — and almost no national outrage.

More than a week after Hammond’s death, his family’s attorney says race is almost certainly playing a role in the disconcerting silence. Unlike the victims in the highest-profile police shootings over the past year — in cities from Ferguson and Cleveland to North Charleston and Cincinnati — Hammond was white.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-the-outrage/

BLM mass protest when a black man is killed by a white officer regardless of circumstances. Where is the mass protest by BLM for any white person killed the same way? You know and I know BLM isn't doing any mass protest for a white male killed by police in the same matter as a black man.

Nothing in your link said anything about BLM protesting it. It said supporters of him who was shouting all lives matter. Your link also said nothing about the organizer being part of BLM. Posting a picture with some supporters of Zack doesn't equal BLM protesting it. Nice try! So again where are the BLM protesting him?

Quote:
So, what did YOU do to protest the killing of Zachary? Don't worry, I'll wait.
Classic deflection. What I did has zero to do with anything.

Quote:
Amazing, a white kid gets killed by the cops, and people still blame BLM.
Amazing a white kid is killed by cops and BLM wasn't out protesting in the street, blocking streets and businesses. Blaming BLM? Most people see the hypocrisy with the dying group

Last edited by GritsCode; 12-01-2015 at 01:49 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Sir, I'm about to eject on this thread. There's only so much _______ (I want to use about 40 words there) I can tolerate from these "adults".

I should've ejected earlier when some guy called these protesters thugs right before wishing they all would get ran over.

Nope, just a hypocrite, who can't see the irony of his posts in front of his own face.

That "Guy" was me. If they are playing in Traffic, they should be ran over. Call it education for wanna be Thug Protesters.

Hypocrite? Been called worse, but never a supporter of "Thugs."

By the way, the Head Man of the NAACP was on the News, and said that what BLM is doing is wrong, and not helping the cause. He said they had no right to interfere with some one else's event, and try to take it over. When asked about the Protester being attacked, he said it was bound to happen, and it was their own fault. Hilarious. They have your support, but don't have the support of their own biggest Advocacy group. What does that tell you, when Black people don't even them.

Old 12-01-2015, 01:52 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I am not a part of BLM. My hope for accomplishment would be to have the cover up itself be focused on, and who ordered the cover up, and who erased the tape and who ordered that, that THOSE people would be prosecuted, that once and for all we get some accountability at the top, because that tone is what is trickled down to the cops on the beat.
Oh, you're not part of BLM, you just support them armchair style? Someone told me there is another group as well that isn't getting along with BLM at the protest. They both have different agendas, but I'm still not sure what either of them are.

Well so far they've collected 5 mil, the cop is in jail on murder charges and the police sergt. McCarthy was just fired. I think you're wish list will more than come true. Then what? Obviously this isn't enough. Protest are still occurring. After all year of sometimes violent protests, and stopping businesses from running what is it all for?

I guess what I'm asking is there a bigger picture? You can't really stop a large American government entity from hiring a few loose crews. This will happen again. It's never going to be completely clear of casualty. No possible way to avoid it.

Tell me, which large business can accomplish a stain free record? Especially one who's business is dealing with and capturing criminals. I wouldn't hold your breath. It just isn't plausible. The only thing that will save black lives is staying out of it. Don't enter a life of crime, don't commit casual crime. Any crime will put you at risk. Get a job instead. Get an education instead>it's free if your family makes under 60 thousand a year. It really is THAT simple.

Last edited by PoppySead; 12-01-2015 at 02:11 PM..

Old 12-01-2015, 01:54 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,767,316 times
Have not read this entire thread, but I do note that whatever one thinks of the Black Friday protests on the Magnificent Mile, they seem to have worked. The Chicago police chief was fired (technically asked to resign) by the mayor this morning. The chief's mishandling of the investigation into the 16-shot killing of that teenager made Chicago residents lose whatever confidence in him they had left, and under those circumstances Rahm was only too happy to throw him under the bus.

He cannot, however, do anything to the DA, who is elected but also has to account for her mishandling of this situation. I understand she is up for election next year. I think she should start looking for a job now 'cause I can't see her voted back into office.

Rahm has some answering to do as well, and I'm eager to see how that turns out.

But for now let the wheels of justice turn while we give thanks for technology: With the advent of cell-phone cameras, dashboard cameras, and the like, there is now often widespread evidence and proof of the mistreatment of black men by police that black people have shouted about for decades-- with those shouts too often falling on deaf ears to the rest of America. It isn't 'playing the race card,' or reveling in being a victim, or any of that crap. The truth is that black lives have never mattered very much, and if it takes high-profile demonstrations on Black Friday to help end that state of affairs I'm all for it.

And for the record, I was in Chicago on Black Friday, on the Mag Mile. And proud to be there.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:00 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky305 View Post
You don't create meaningful discussion by the tactic used by BLM, in fact you do the opposite I clearly said the family and family attorney said there was no outrage and that color was a reason.
I've explained this more times than I care to, at this point I've become a broken record.

Quote:
Amid heightened scrutiny of fatal police shootings across the country, Hammond’s death has prompted numerous questions, few answers — and almost no national outrage.

More than a week after Hammond’s death, his family’s attorney says race is almost certainly playing a role in the disconcerting silence. Unlike the victims in the highest-profile police shootings over the past year — in cities from Ferguson and Cleveland to North Charleston and Cincinnati — Hammond was white.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-the-outrage/

So its okay for BLM to mass protest when a black man is killed by a white officer regardless of circumstance then where is the mass protest by BLM for any white person killed the same way? You know and I know BLM isn't doing any mass protest for a white male killed by police in the same matter as a black man.
So, you're mad at BLM for making it a national story. Are you aware of who controls the media? Who decides what stories get the most press?

Hint: It's not black people. So you and the attorney's complaining about the lack of outrage of Zachary's death isn't the fault or obligation of BLM. You're mad at BLM for something they can't control. Makes sense.

And the bold part is laughable. I mean, wow. Why? #PrayforParis was trending all over this country, and still is, yet #PrayforKenya wasn't nearly as trending. People are more likely to identify with their own race. Common freakin' sense.

Quote:
Nothing in your link said anything about BLM protesting it. It said supporters of him who was shouting all lives matter. Your link also said nothing about the organizer. Posting a picture with some supporters of Zack doesn't equal BLM protesting it. Nice try! So again where are the BLM protesting him?
Are you really complaining about 250+ people protesting the death of Zachary Hammond? That's not enough?

The organizer of the event, Jack Logan, is a local black activist, and over 250 people participated in the march, many of them black. And of course they weren't chanting "Black Lives Matter", Zachary wasn't black. Isn't that what you wanted? People complain and say "All Lives Matter" towards BLM, then when blacks/BLM say "All Lives Matter", you complain about that.

Group rallies for Zachary Hammond in Seneca

Quote:
“All lives matter,” Allen said. “As a part of that, the life of Zach Hammond matters enough to get true and accurate answers.”
Quote:
I've marched across country for police shootings. Zach is like my students
Quotes from blacks at the rally.

I'm tired of doing research for you.

Quote:
Classic deflection. What I did has zero to do with anything.
Actually, it has everything to do with the topic. What have you done to protest his killing? Or do you want BLM to do it all for you?

You have a problem because BLM didn't protest "enough" for you liking, so you obviously must be setting the bar by your own efforts.

Quote:
Amazing a white kid is killed by cops and BLM wasn't out protesting in the street, blocking streets and businesses. Blaming BLM? Most people see the hypocrisy with the dying group
And what did #alllivesmatter do in protest of this kid's death, since they're the ones that claim no one cares about white lives?

Yeah. That's what I thought.

I am done with this foolishness. That's the only nice way I can put it.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:00 PM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No, YOU don't get it. I don't care what their message is or what is shown on the media. The SECOND I start hearing things like BLM is blocking stores, tunnels, and highways, and also looting, burning buildings, and rioting, is the second I don't support them, and likely never will. No matter WHAT is shown on the media, once they do things like that, I stop caring for them and I just get annoyed. The media can show all the great things they want but if they show even one clip of what I described, I dislike BLM because I don't like those useless tactics that just disrupt the daily lives of those who have nothing to do with the issues at hand and just succeeds in making people angry. And they have used those useless tactics far too many times for me.

Seeing BLM protestors blocking the Lincoln or Holland Tunnel, whichever it was, around this time last year because of Eric Garner only served to **** me off. They also showed peaceful protests on the news, but once I saw that, I was like - nope. Done with these idiots. Blocking a tunnel in a major city leading to another state Thanksgiving weekend at rush hour did it for me. Stupid. What's that accomplish? Alongside the peaceful protests, especially, absolutely nothing. IMHO it negates the peaceful protesting. And it's more newsworthy than peaceful protesting and regardless, it makes them look bad. Stop trying to assume you know how I think and all about me, when in reality we just have two separate views on this issue. Accept that.
If you don't care then stop voicing an opinion as if you cared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events