Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 07:09 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,485,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
He wasn't shot and killed. Why should people protest?

I'd rather the police do their job - detain a suspect - rather than act as judge, jury and executioner.
I would prefer there were no criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 07:13 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
We know what you said too. Then ATG5 came in and said you were right in saying that by definition institutionalized racism cannot happen if the VICTIMS (your word) are white:

I pointed out the holocaust as a situation that most people would be aware of where the victims were actually, contrary to both of your statements, white.
Yes, they were white.

Since you read all of my posts you know that I was talking about the United States. Not Germany, Zimbabwe or any other country you want to throw in my face. I apologize wholly, profusely, with sadness, shame and guilt for not including every single last qualifier in my original post and I surely hope you can find it in your heart to forgive my vile mistake. Please. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight if you don't.

Now then.

Institutionalized racism and genocide, while sometimes related, are different. The Holocaust was not about race. It was about religion (Judaism and Jehovah's Witnesses), sexual orientation (homosexuality), ability (mentally and physically disabled), ethnicity (Romanis, Poles, Soviets) and political ties (communists).

Old 11-30-2015, 07:14 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
The crime is really bad Chicago, such a shame its a really nice city, great downtown, Chicago and Baltimore are off my visit list for now until they clean up their act.

Old 11-30-2015, 07:21 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,485,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes, they were white.

Since you read all of my posts you know that I was talking about the United States. Not Germany, Zimbabwe or any other country you want to throw in my face. I apologize wholly, profusely, with sadness, shame and guilt for not including every single last qualifier in my original post and I surely hope you can find it in your heart to forgive my vile mistake. Please. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight if you don't.

Now then.

Institutionalized racism and genocide, while sometimes related, are different. The Holocaust was not about race. It was about religion (Judaism and Jehovah's Witnesses), sexual orientation (homosexuality), ability (mentally and physically disabled), ethnicity (Romanis, Poles, Soviets) and political ties (communists).
I responded to what you said, not what you meant to say, not what you tried to change it too after the fact. I responded to what you actually said. I think you would think it quite rude if I put words in your mouth.

ATG5 also said you were right to our responses on your initial post. I guess there are other people who think the way you think.

Old 12-01-2015, 04:35 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I responded to what you said, not what you meant to say, not what you tried to change it too after the fact. I responded to what you actually said. I think you would think it quite rude if I put words in your mouth.

ATG5 also said you were right to our responses on your initial post. I guess there are other people who think the way you think.
What a **** poor way to hold a conversation - completely ignoring every other thing I said because you can't get over the fact that I didn't add in every qualifier known to man. Its the ultimate sad gotcha and its a waste of energy.

Now I put words in your mouth? How?

ATG5 said I was right in what I said - he didn't say only my original post. You said it yourself, you only responded to what I originally said and flat out refuse to listen to anything else I had or have to say. I'll say it again. Its a **** poor excuse for adult discourse.

Old 12-01-2015, 05:59 AM

50,727 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Oh gee, I forgot. White lives don't matter to you. You only protest when it's a black life. My bad.
If a cop killed that boy and the others were covering it up, that would be worthy of protest. The purpose of protest is not to simply shout "we don't like this!" it's to effect change...therefore you protest things someone actually has the ability to do something about. Again for the skillionth time, this is NOT about one perp or one cop IMO.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:35 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If a cop killed that boy and the others were covering it up, that would be worthy of protest. The purpose of protest is not to simply shout "we don't like this!" it's to effect change...therefore you protest things someone actually has the ability to do something about. Again for the skillionth time, this is NOT about one perp or one cop IMO.
What exactly do you think this will accomplish? Or, what is it that you hope to accomplish by protesting? People who step into criminal activity set themselves at risk of altercation either with the police or another criminal. How exactly do you think either of those professions are going to take the time to assess how far the perp would be willing to go?
What do you want to see come out of these protests? I'm assuming you are part of BLM since you seem to represent them throughout cd.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:54 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
The crime is really bad Chicago, such a shame its a really nice city, great downtown, Chicago and Baltimore are off my visit list for now until they clean up their act.
Most of the crime in Chicago is in certain neighborhoods that most tourists wouldn't have a need to go into. Still, it's a major black eye to the city.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:24 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,576,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
And for the skillionth time, has BLM every protested when an LEO killed a white person? More whites than blacks are killed by police. The change you want to effect is apparently to allow blacks to commit crimes without any fear of police response. You should be careful what you wish for.

Mahalo

Old 12-01-2015, 08:35 AM

299 posts, read 187,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
And for the skillionth time, has BLM every protested when an LEO killed a white person? More whites than blacks are killed by police. The change you want to effect is apparently to allow blacks to commit crimes without any fear of police response. You should be careful what you wish for.

Mahalo
You make a valid point. Certain posters on C-D keep saying BLM isn't about (race)black(despite the name itself lol) but really about police and accountability. If it is about police accountability then where are these BLM protests, the blocking of streets and businesses when a unarmed white person is killed by police?

Furthermore the only change I have seen from these BLM protests is the losing of support due to their tactics. Even this protest wasn't covered as widespread as they thought as I didn't even hear about it my state at all. Other news agencies talk about it for like 2 mins and then its gone.

Last edited by GritsCode; 12-01-2015 at 09:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events