Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 07:12 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,661,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Given that Mexico has by far the highest per-capita consumption of their products world-wide, that would be unwise.
And their coke is still real coke, isn't it? Don't they still make it with cane sugar down there?

God, I hope I didn't offend anyone by using the word "they," as if to imply that Mexicans are somehow different than (and by extension, inferior to) us.

Mmm.... by "us," I just meant people who are not Mexican, not people who are better than Mexicans.

Wait - I don't mean to suggest that other people even are better than Mexicans. Hope nobody took it that way.

And, uh... if anyone did take it that way, I hope you don't think I'm suggesting that you were an idiot for inferring that.

And when I say "idiot," I don't mean that being cognitively impaired is some sort of flaw or defect. Not at all. Many of our country's most famous political leaders clearly are cognitively impaired.

Oh, Christ. Did I just insult idiots by comparing them to politicians? Look, I know that one was probably going too far, but I really...

Ah, forget it. I'm just sorry, OK? Can we leave it at that? For whatever. For everything. Anything. Name it, I'm sorry for it. Honest. I really didn't mean anything by whatever the hell it was I may or may not have said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 07:59 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,930,921 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy
Ad was offensive to some due to its 'colonialist' impressions. Whatever.
Nothing bad about that ad!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2015, 08:25 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,793,924 times
Indigs need to chill.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:27 PM

35,400 posts, read 17,291,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I like the Polar Bear Christmas Commercials. Those were my favorite.
That might offend some of the psychotics who believe in Global Warming, along with Santa Claus.

Old 12-07-2015, 10:47 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,585,408 times
I'm sure the old '70s commercial ''I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'' would be offensive to someone some where in today's effed up PC world.
I'm thinking of digging a hole and crawling in...

Old 12-08-2015, 01:13 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,922,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Me to Mexican wife "hon watch this ad and tell me what you think"
her (after watching) "um ok...uh cool ad?"
me "no hon according to this article you are supposed to be offended by it"
her "what the f***? why?"
me "because it looks like rich white people colonizing poor Mexican people"
her "oh god people are reaching"

I lived in SA for many years and know well Mexicans guzzle the stuff down as do any other ethnicity. Mexican Coke is made with sugar rather than HFCS and is prized here in the north at this time of year. It is also Kosher.

I don't know how long you have lived there but BIG RED was king during the 60s-70s. It was but a cotton candy flavored sugary soda the locals drank a lot of. I don't remember it offending anyone.

Old 12-08-2015, 07:14 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,092,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I'm sure the old '70s commercial ''I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing'' would be offensive to someone some where in today's effed up PC world.
I'm thinking of digging a hole and crawling in...
^Exactly! Color me Political Incorrect.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:47 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,580,276 times
I see NOTHING offensive about that ad. Next thing you know, they'll be a Million dollar law suit.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:34 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,616,614 times
We've offended people who weren't aware they were being offended! The horror!

Old 12-08-2015, 10:54 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,534,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Me to Mexican wife "hon watch this ad and tell me what you think"
her (after watching) "um ok...uh cool ad?"
me "no hon according to this article you are supposed to be offended by it"
her "what the f***? why?"
me "because it looks like rich white people colonizing poor Mexican people"
her "oh god people are reaching"
Is your wife an indigenous person of Mexican descent or just Mexican? I would think that it would make a difference. The article doesn't say who complained about the ad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events