Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 03:53 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,358,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think women are that much more likely to be depressed, but I do think we are much more likely to tell someone we are and to ask for help with it, which could also explain the larger number of women on anti-depressants.

. The ones that are I don't think it's accurate to say they can't handle life. There are times in a woman's life where hormones go up and down and all over the place, causing depression, anxiety, irritability. PMS for instance...there are certain times, pregnancy one of them, where the swings can be very severe but all chemically caused so a chemical solution is the only one that makes sense.

Men's bodies do not go through the hormonal swings women's do. They rise slowly and steadily and then decline slowly and steadily, so the effect on brain chemistry would not be as significant.
Actually men's hormones cycle on a DAILY basis - highest in the morning which accounts for "morning wood". So yeah, men "cycle" much faster than women...they are soooo emotional in the morning..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I don't think it is "THE" reason that the rates have soared, but i think it's a "no brainer" (her-hee)

Person with baby inside her takes a drug that alters her brain and thus the fetus's brain is altered. Duh.

Here's a thought..... Maybe depressed women should hold of having kids or not have them at all. (Although i am biased because that is the choice i personally made.) Depressed mom's *generally* have depressed kids due to genetics and parental socializing "gone awry."
Even IF antidepressants "alter" a fetus's brain that doesn't mean the altering continues when the drug is discontinued (after being born). After all, you don't take antidepressants for a few months and then because your brain is altered you never have to take them again...duh! It doesn't work like that at all.

And show me your sources that depressed mom's have depressed kids due to genetics and socializing...

Old 12-18-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
My nephew was perfectly normal before the MMR which caused him to bash his head against the wall. What do you call that? It didn't happen in the womb. He was a normal kid until the MMR when he dispayed autistic symptoms. I am a witness to that. He was normal then one day he was not. His family is proactive and thankfully he is able to function somewhat but seriously... it was the vaccine that broke the camel's back so to speak. If not for that vaccine (his parents were trying to be safe with the CDC recommendations) he would not be autistic today.

Behavioral changes are noticed in all autistic persons however, there is a push for vaccines during pregnancy and the Hep B shot shortly after birth that would negate these changes being evident.

We really need to make a stand about our health. Otherwise we are complacent.
Pretty much everyone is "normal" until the moment someone notices they aren't normal. Doesn't mean that things weren't in play before someone actually noticed and diagnosed the condition.

Oh...and have you ever heard of "coincidence"? Humans are good at finding "connections" and patterns where there are none in reality.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:52 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,465,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Doctors are quick to prescribe pills when teaching coping or other life skills would be better. Antidepressants have a place, but in my non-professional opinion, they are way over prescribed. Go to a doctor over anything and they want to prescribe medicine for it. It's almost a fight with the doctor to say "Hey, I don't want pills." or "I'll take pills, but don't need that high of a dose."
https://projects.propublica.org/docdollars/

Old 12-18-2015, 09:10 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Pretty much everyone is "normal" until the moment someone notices they aren't normal. Doesn't mean that things weren't in play before someone actually noticed and diagnosed the condition.

Oh...and have you ever heard of "coincidence"? Humans are good at finding "connections" and patterns where there are none in reality.
It used to be the consensus that NO pills, drugs, alcohol, etc. be taken during pregnancy but here we see drugs and vaccines are given. Why? A fetus is developing and shouldn't be introduced to ANY toxins. The fact that ALL doctors say to stay away from tuna yet they then recommend a flu shot or meds is hypocritical.

Connection or causation isn't the issue. In one breath a person will condemn a pregnant woman for smoking and also for not getting a flu shot! That's insane. Both are risks to the unborn. Same with alcohol versus meds. One is demonized and one is recommended. ALL TOXINS should be avoided during pregnancy.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:31 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
It used to be the consensus that NO pills, drugs, alcohol, etc. be taken during pregnancy but here we see drugs and vaccines are given. Why? A fetus is developing and shouldn't be introduced to ANY toxins. The fact that ALL doctors say to stay away from tuna yet they then recommend a flu shot or meds is hypocritical.

Connection or causation isn't the issue. In one breath a person will condemn a pregnant woman for smoking and also for not getting a flu shot! That's insane. Both are risks to the unborn. Same with alcohol versus meds. One is demonized and one is recommended. ALL TOXINS should be avoided during pregnancy.
So urinary tract infections should not be treated in pregnancy? Strept throat? High blood pressure? Diabetes? Hypothyroidism? No anesthetics used for labor or Cesarean section?

The ingredients in vaccines are not toxic in the doses used, whether the recipient is pregnant or not.

What Goes Into a Vaccine - PublicHealth.org

Old 12-18-2015, 10:09 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I looked up a couple of doctors. One had $2,000 and the other $600.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:18 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,465,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I looked up a couple of doctors. One had $2,000 and the other $600.
It's interesting for sure to say the least.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:37 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,524,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
So urinary tract infections should not be treated in pregnancy? Strept throat? High blood pressure? Diabetes? Hypothyroidism? No anesthetics used for labor or Cesarean section?

The ingredients in vaccines are not toxic in the doses used, whether the recipient is pregnant or not.

What Goes Into a Vaccine - PublicHealth.org
As you well know, all of those things can be avoided with proper nutrition before and during pregnancy. A C-section is an elective procedure in 90% of cases as is anesthetics. I had 4 natural births. No drugs, no stitches, not anything but the birth. The one time I had a flu shot in pregnancy the child ended up different than the others.

Stop spouting your nonsense and care about kids for once. NO toxins should ever be ingested, injected, or around a pregnant woman.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:57 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
As you well know, all of those things can be avoided with proper nutrition before and during pregnancy. A C-section is an elective procedure in 90% of cases as is anesthetics. I had 4 natural births. No drugs, no stitches, not anything but the birth. The one time I had a flu shot in pregnancy the child ended up different than the others.

Stop spouting your nonsense and care about kids for once. NO toxins should ever be ingested, injected, or around a pregnant woman.
My granddaughter would not be here if not for Cesarean section. Nutrition will not prevent urinary infections, women get pregnancy induced high blood pressure (toxemia) and diabetes, and they sometimes end up in the hospital with things like pneumonia and flu.

That you really think that a flu shot did anything to your baby shows how little you know about vaccines. I notice you never answered the questions I asked about your labor.

Cesarean section:

Cesarean Sections in the U.S.: The Trouble with Assembling Evidence from Data - Scientific American Blog Network
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events