Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2015, 02:20 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,832,914 times

Advertisements

Just the way this "story" reads makes me question the validity of the site as a whole. This is a description from https://skeptoid.com/blog/2014/01/06...urces-of-crap/

Globalresearch.ca/Washington’s Blog/Zero Hedge/The Economic Collapse Blog/Activist Post/The Daily Sheeple/WhatDoesItMean.com/etc.: These are just some of the many, many dubious blogs and news aggregators devoted to overthrowing our capitalist slave masters through gold, legal weed, hoarding food and guns and reading the Bible. If the Occupy Wall Street movement had an official website, it would probably look something like one of these, full of long, rambling stories and lists about a variety of horrors. These include our Constitutional Freedoms being stripped away, the tyrannical surveillance state, the evils of big business, the upcoming economic collapse (which has been happening any day now for years) and police state slavery arriving at the feet of an army of drones.
If you think taxation is theft, the media is lying to you, Big Pharma is poisoning you and Bolshevist Jew Marxist Muslims are going to kick down your door and take away your vitamins, you probably heard about it here. And chances are they made it up. There are many, many blogs like this – a loose conglomeration of nonsense known as the “clogosphere.” They link to each other, and often repost the same content. Some sites are more prepper oriented, some more conspiracy oriented, some more Christian oriented and some just living on their own planet. None of them are reliable as un-biased news sources – or as anything other than entertainment, really.
Sample “news” articles: “11 Nasty Trends That Will Test America’s Resilience,” “28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima,” “How Will The Economy Improve In 2014 If Almost Everyone Has Less Money To Spend?” and “Have Americans Lost ALL of Our Constitutional Rights?”

This is hardly objective reporting. Just read the article and you should agree. Please, for the love of grilled cheese sandwiches, don't post articles from this site anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 03:26 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I'd have to disagree. Police in general in America are cowardly psychopaths. The relatively few "good" cops won't last long around the majority of cops that are "bad" to one degree or another.

Here's another interesting article. The comments are very telling. The tide is turning against the domestic terrorists with badges. Police Can Shoot Your Dog for No Reason, Even Though a Dog Hasn't Killed a Cop in 70 Years (if Ever) | The Daily Sheeple
Man you gotta stop reading these websites... You're only getting a small collection of bloggers who hate cops, have an agenda, and are sharing those agendas with you. If you choose to listen to one voice in your life, and that voice is WORD to you, you're doing yourself a great injustice.

To call public servants cowardly psychopaths is a very strong accusation and completely not humanly possible.

Psychopathy, also known as—though sometimes distinguished from—sociopathy, is traditionally defined as a personality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse, and disinhibited or bold behavior. It may also be defined as a continuous aspect of personality, representing scores on different personality dimensions found throughout the population in varying combinations. The definition of psychopathy has varied significantly throughout the history of the concept; different definitions continue to be used that are only partly overlapping and sometimes appear contradictory.

Cowardly: lacking courage.

Old 12-20-2015, 03:41 PM

23,493 posts, read 12,502,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Just the way this "story" reads makes me question the validity of the site as a whole. This is a description from https://skeptoid.com/blog/2014/01/06...urces-of-crap/

Globalresearch.ca/Washington’s Blog/Zero Hedge/The Economic Collapse Blog/Activist Post/The Daily Sheeple/WhatDoesItMean.com/etc.: These are just some of the many, many dubious blogs and news aggregators devoted to overthrowing our capitalist slave masters through gold, legal weed, hoarding food and guns and reading the Bible. If the Occupy Wall Street movement had an official website, it would probably look something like one of these, full of long, rambling stories and lists about a variety of horrors. These include our Constitutional Freedoms being stripped away, the tyrannical surveillance state, the evils of big business, the upcoming economic collapse (which has been happening any day now for years) and police state slavery arriving at the feet of an army of drones.
If you think taxation is theft, the media is lying to you, Big Pharma is poisoning you and Bolshevist Jew Marxist Muslims are going to kick down your door and take away your vitamins, you probably heard about it here. And chances are they made it up. There are many, many blogs like this – a loose conglomeration of nonsense known as the “clogosphere.” They link to each other, and often repost the same content. Some sites are more prepper oriented, some more conspiracy oriented, some more Christian oriented and some just living on their own planet. None of them are reliable as un-biased news sources – or as anything other than entertainment, really.
Sample “news” articles: “11 Nasty Trends That Will Test America’s Resilience,” “28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima,” “How Will The Economy Improve In 2014 If Almost Everyone Has Less Money To Spend?” and “Have Americans Lost ALL of Our Constitutional Rights?”

This is hardly objective reporting. Just read the article and you should agree. Please, for the love of grilled cheese sandwiches, don't post articles from this site anymore.
I agree that the OP should have picked a more legit source to link to. But, while a few have ranted about that site in this thread they could have easily made a quick few second Google search and found a legit source in less time then it took them to write up and post their rant.

From the local news station regarding this story..
North Catasauqua man says lost cat was shot by police | Lehigh Valley News - Home

Old 12-20-2015, 04:04 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I'd have to disagree. Police in general in America are cowardly psychopaths. The relatively few "good" cops won't last long around the majority of cops that are "bad" to one degree or another.

Here's another interesting article. The comments are very telling. The tide is turning against the domestic terrorists with badges. Police Can Shoot Your Dog for No Reason, Even Though a Dog Hasn't Killed a Cop in 70 Years (if Ever) | The Daily Sheeple
I cannot believe the damn anti police BULLKAKA that is spreading across CD and across the country

Yes there are bad cops. Yes there are bad teachers. Yes there are bad clerks and Mickey D and WallyWorld and and unemployed people and bad people living off the teat of America.

Bad cops are a fraction of those sworn to protect you the people.

Those of you complaining, I sure hope you have the ability to arm yourselves. Because, as more LEOs quit because of whiners like you, and because of BLM, and and because of aholes with phone-cams.

WHO WILL BE THERE FOR YOU WHEN YOU DIAL 911???

Old 12-20-2015, 04:17 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I cannot believe the damn anti police BULLKAKA that is spreading across CD and across the country

Yes there are bad cops. Yes there are bad teachers. Yes there are bad clerks and Mickey D and WallyWorld and and unemployed people and bad people living off the teat of America.

Bad cops are a fraction of those sworn to protect you the people.

Those of you complaining, I sure hope you have the ability to arm yourselves. Because, as more LEOs quit because of whiners like you, and because of BLM, and and because of aholes with phone-cams.

WHO WILL BE THERE FOR YOU WHEN YOU DIAL 911???
1. Get rid of the bad cops.

2. Get rid of the bad teachers, and I say that as a former teacher and school administrator.

3. When I call 911, the cops better do the job they're being paid to do, whether they like the client or not.

4. So a person sees something going down that's wrong, they film it with their cell phone, and that makes them aholes. Incredible way to think. You want to cover up the evidence and hide the truth.

Old 12-20-2015, 04:18 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,623 times
Stop questioning cops behavior!

If too many LEOS quit because of your negative comments there will be nobody left to protect you from these bloodthirsty, murderous cats!

Old 12-20-2015, 04:26 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. Get rid of the bad cops.

2. Get rid of the bad teachers, and I say that as a former teacher and school administrator.

3. When I call 911, the cops better do the job they're being paid to do, whether they like the client or not.

4. So a person sees something going down that's wrong, they film it with their cell phone, and that makes them aholes. Incredible way to think. You want to cover up the evidence and hide the truth.
Wow, we almost agree on something. Almost!

Look at how many cops that are doing a good job are second guessing themselves because of aholes with cameras.

There have been instances where these good guys are getting hurt, or killed, because of that split second hesitation. Since I know what's coming next, here are a few examples

Pistol-whipped Alabama detective held fire - CNN.com

Chief: Hesitation to use deadly force costing more cops their lives

Dinner is ready, so you search yourself for more

Old 12-20-2015, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Wow, we almost agree on something. Almost!

Look at how many cops that are doing a good job are second guessing themselves because of aholes with cameras.

There have been instances where these good guys are getting hurt, or killed, because of that split second hesitation. Since I know what's coming next, here are a few examples

Pistol-whipped Alabama detective held fire - CNN.com

Chief: Hesitation to use deadly force costing more cops their lives

Dinner is ready, so you search yourself for more
If they can't handle the job, they can sign up and take a few tours in the Middle East.

Old 12-20-2015, 07:05 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If they can't handle the job, they can sign up and take a few tours in the Middle East.

Not a very good response. As a former teacher/administrator just what would your suggestion be for teachers who couldn't "handle the job"?

Yes ... there are bad cops. Having said that, there are a sheet-pot of superior ones. Unfortunately they are faced with split-second decisions, a PC public with cameras who don't always show the whole event, a second-guessing press, and a judicial system that panders to politics (a prime example is the Balt DA).

I have no data, but methinks that some of these good cops have already had their ME combat tours.

El Nox

Old 12-20-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Not a very good response. As a former teacher/administrator just what would your suggestion be for teachers who couldn't "handle the job"?

Yes ... there are bad cops. Having said that, there are a sheet-pot of superior ones. Unfortunately they are faced with split-second decisions, a PC public with cameras who don't always show the whole event, a second-guessing press, and a judicial system that panders to politics (a prime example is the Balt DA).

I have no data, but methinks that some of these good cops have already had their ME combat tours.

El Nox
If teachers can't handle the job of teaching they should quit and go into some other line of work. There were several I counseled in that direction, and several I forced in that direction, including a vice principal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events