Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 07:41 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,515,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
Old Guard, you'll believe what you want to believe about me. Even that I am a man even though I've told you more than once that I am not.
I apologize. I forgot you said you were not a man.
Quote:
Someone had pointed out early in the thread that it is a rare thing for Muslims to stick their necks out to save a Christian's life. My point was that it is a rare thing for anyone to stick their neck out to defend someone they don't perceive as part of their own little group, not just Muslims.
But you always take the low road and try to drag Christians into it. The fact is that if this story is true the aggressors were Muslims.
Quote:
Some people here think that they are making their own little world a safer place by excluding those they perceive as "the other" from it. I believe that our world becomes safer when, like the passengers on this bus, we ingnore the othering and try to find common ground where we can and stick together.
We tried that. We learn that Muslims do not wish this from events like September 11th, the London subway bombings, the 2008 Mumbai attack, the Paris attack, San Bernardino attack and the continual blaming of Christians for these attacks, which is what you do, that Muslims are not interested in integrating. They are not interested in being part of a better world. Muslims do not want to become better, they want to tear everyone back down to their level. Luckily they are horrible fighters and I do not think resolved nations would have much problem annihilating the problem.
Quote:
If you are going to accuse me of blaming Christians for crimes that were committed by Muslims, I challenge you to show me evidence that I have done so. I have not. The fact is that any time I have tried to point out that some Muslims are good and some Muslims are bad, just as some Christians are good and some Christians are bad, you call me a terrorist sympathizer and a Christian basher. It gets old, but I've come to accept that you will see what you want to see.
This is a straw man. The argument is not that you blame Christians for crimes committed by Muslims, the accusation is that you always try to justify it by bringing up crimes of Christians. You are a one trick pony and people are on to your trick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events