Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 11:38 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,243,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Taking advantage of the "racist cafeteria food" fiasco at Oberlin college, Black students have put forth a list of demands - including getting paid to protest, free tuition for black students, and Jim Crow style "segregated black-only ‘safe spaces.’"

Oberlin Students -- Protests Should Be Paid For

see the full official document with list of demands:

[scribd]293326897[/scribd]

At the conclusion of the list of demands, they write "These are demands and not suggestions. If these demands are not taken seriously, immediate action from the Africana community will follow"

If Obama went back to college and created a new student group it would look like this group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 11:50 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,452,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancenc View Post
The thing that baffles me, is why are these student selecting "lily white" institutions to continue their education. Why not enroll in historically black colleges????

Why is enrollment slipping at historically black colleges? | Get Schooled

Easy question to answer. All of the black slots at black colleges are taken by Rachel Donizen (sp) clones.

El Nox

Old 12-22-2015, 12:32 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,125,647 times
some of the comments in this thread terrify me.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:45 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,605,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
The problem was before AA, the Best qualified were not getting into schools nor getting the jobs. I'm all with getting rid of AA, but what insurances do we have that, things don't go back to the way they use to be
If you have a answer for how the best qualified will, get the job or get into school without nepotism, cronyism, racism i would like to hear it.
For college admission? SAT / ACT scores and report card grades work just fine.

For scholarships, need based. If family X makes less than Y per year, then they get a need-based scholarship. For merit based scholarships, if student X has a GPA of at least Y, then he/she gets the scholarship.

Absolutely no questions about race or ethnicity.

Same goes for a job application. No more questions on race / ethnicity.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:46 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,605,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yes, liberals tend to be afraid of the truth, which is why they hide behind white guilt, political correctness and white lies. Oh wait, I used the word "white" too many times. Was that racist? Should I call Principal PC?

Old 12-22-2015, 12:53 PM

335 posts, read 326,061 times
After reading the demands of the "student" protesters, I'd be willing to do what it takes to satisfy them if they would be willing to make a small concession. Abolish the slanted nation wide practice of giving black students "bonus" points for being black and therefore denying a white student admission to the same college with better grades. Let's just even the playing field for all applicants and then we will how the racial makeup of our colleges and universities pan out.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:54 PM

52,791 posts, read 34,690,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
how so?

are you always this easily terrified?

Old 12-22-2015, 01:37 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,011,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
When the progressives stop creating this.

Better yet... when we flush the twisted ideology that is progressivism from this country like the turd that it is, will be when it stops!

Old 12-22-2015, 01:38 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,011,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
The regressive left has once again hijacked what true, classical liberalism is supposed to be.

How liberalism lost its way

Yep. This brand of liberalism is an insult to what clasical liberalism was about!

Old 12-22-2015, 01:45 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,125,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how so?

are you always this easily terrified?
Nope. But I'm a black man...homeowner, master's degree holder, pay my taxes on time...have a job, never used welfare, etc....

and to see a comment that says "go back to Africa" makes me shake my head in disgust. Am i wrong for feeling that way? It just makes me wonder if people think all blacks are like the ones in the article. I'll be the first tell you that these kids wanting to be paid for protesting is ridiculous.

But do people read articles like this and assume the behavior and demands of these idiots reflect how all black people are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events