Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 09:03 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,606,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
When the progressives stop creating this.
There is nothing progressive about today's liberals. They should be called the Regressive left. "When the regressives stop creating this." These regressive liberals have created a war against women and minority. Their policies aim to prevent those who follow from advancing or bettering their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
see the full official document with list of demands:
I can't help but wonder who drafted this manifesto of demands? Probably some white-guilt suffering extreme liberal 30-something year old yuppie who truly blames his mere white existence for Jim Crow laws that were abolished decades before he was born?

Old 12-21-2015, 09:27 PM

The regressive left has once again hijacked what true, classical liberalism is supposed to be.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics...m-lost-its-way

Old 12-21-2015, 09:34 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,967,235 times
Quote:
There is nothing progressive about today's liberals. They should be called the Regressive left. "When the regressives stop creating this." These regressive liberals have created a war against women and minority. Their policies aim to prevent those who follow from advancing or bettering their lives.
Hillary claims to be progressive and she supports the views of these people.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Hillary claims to be progressive and she supports the views of these people.
Yes. They all claim they are progressives. My point is that the left has hijacked the word for their purposes because progressive indicates progress. No, under their rules, we don't make any progress. Hence, me saying they should be called the regressive left. Their policies of doing things "for the good of the party" or "for the good of society" will keep people in poverty, keep corruption as the status quo, infringe on our rights and freedoms, and prevent society from moving forward.
Hillary has hijacked the word. All of these liberals have hijacked the word and twisted its meaning for their political gain.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:58 PM

7,102 posts, read 6,007,288 times
I really feel like some public shaming, perhaps even a public spanking should be in order for these unruly kids. They obviously have no clue about life, are bored, or just don't care about anybody but themselves. In any of these cases, if they were my kids, I'd discipline them.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:30 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,032,350 times
Quote:
Or just expulsion.. they threatened the college
I bet the college won't do this as they fear being sued or something for racism. I assume if they are expelled, these students would just claim they are being discriminated against and the expulsion was because they are black. Obviously not all blacks would think this way/say this, but this particular group would.

Old 12-21-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I bet the college won't do this as they fear being sued or something for racism. I assume if they are expelled, these students would just claim they are being discriminated against and the expulsion was because they are black. Obviously not all blacks would think this way/say this, but this particular group would.
You are correct. Also, most blacks would jump on this bandwagon and it would be lead by Al Sharpton. This problem is raising its ugly head due to affirmative action. Start accepting people based on merit and ability... not on race.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:51 PM

3,812 posts, read 4,710,045 times
This artcle looks fake. They only are asking for $8 and some change per hour. If this was true wouldn't it be $15.00 per hour?

Old 12-21-2015, 11:55 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,968,137 times
Quote:
When the progressives stop creating this.
It's not progressives, just fringe people asking for this.

I think this is just craziness we can find on either side of aisle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events