Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 01:58 PM

221 posts, read 282,886 times

Advertisements

Outraged Santa stood for a FREE picture. (It is free where they had it taken.)

I'm so sick of America and its "outrage". I hope people in 2016 cool their teats and quit being offended by every single thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 02:04 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
No matter which way he was, if he had dropped the child or if the child had some sort of medical emergency from being unhooked from all of the equipment this family would more than likely be in court on Monday with a lawsuit.

It would have been more practical for the family to rent a Santa Suit and do all the photos they wanted at home.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:05 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,425,047 times
"Family outraged by"

Enough said. Thats all people do now is get outraged over something.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:06 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
another tempest in a teapot.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Having worked with both emotionally and physically disabled children, it's difficult to know how to handle each individual situation. And yes, some parents of disabled children are overly sensitive about practically everything related to their children. On the other hand, most of us have no idea how to handle special needs children. I don't know how to handle a normal baby. It scares me.

I'm not sure there's any real news here. I'm willing to give "Santa" the benefit of the doubt on this one, particularly considering all of the medical equipment (in fact, was it even good to unhook the baby from that equipment?) and the baby's fragility. In fact, I thought it was a rather nice photo with a smiling Santa.

My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the family for their overall situation, but I'm not sure they're looking at this objectively.
Agree 100%.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:03 PM

371 posts, read 494,027 times
It's a really nice picture. Santa is smiling. The baby looks happy. The kid wasn't dropped or touched in a funny place and didn't die.

And if I had 13 month old with a breathing apparatuses attached to him, I'd probably want the picture done as quickly as possible.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:27 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times
I don't understand why standing was more comfortable for Santa than sitting.
If I were going to hold a fragile infant I'd rather be sitting when I did so. Feels safer.
Had he refused to hold the baby at all for fear of its medical fragility, that I'd understand, but stand rather than sit, makes no sense.

As to the parents, they are ridiculous attention seekers; sickening really to make a fuss over this.
No harm was intended, the old guy was probably flustered and didn't know what to do being handed an infant who had just been removed from med apparatus.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:42 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,982,719 times
Can't people find something useful to do with their child with a disability besides cry and whine about how Santa held him? If I was that kid's parent, the last thing in the world I'd be doing with my time with my child is ***** and complain about a seasonal employee at Bass Pro Shops. I would rather spend a quality holiday with my child, making the most out of the time we had together.

My daddy always said "Don't sweat the small stuff, and everything, just about, is small stuff"

In the grand scheme of things, did this Santa really ruin their lives, or the kids life?

Old 12-23-2015, 03:42 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Excuse me, is this what "entitlement" looks like? I did not realize you could demand stuff when they are giving you a free photo with Santa for not buying anything at the store.

Mick

Old 12-23-2015, 03:47 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times
"Santa" probably does not know how to deal with special needs children or maybe is an idiot and is disgusted by them. It could be anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events