Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 01:03 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Dad was so outraged by this *violation* of his daughter that he posted the video online for everyone to view.
I am weirded out that he posted the video. Even more surprised they let him video it. There are signs in the area, "no cameras".

Old 01-08-2016, 01:13 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Perhaps they should have made sure she wasn't carrying a banned liquid size in the first place?

Father outraged after TSA pats down 10-year-old daughter - CNNPolitics.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYp-kWxyl0
Let me get this straight. He believes it's an assault on his daughter and then posts the video on the internet? Let's pause and think about this for a minute.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
She didn't seem traumatized. If anything, his being upset was more likely to have made her upset than anything else.

That being said, that looked more like a rub down than a pat down. I've never seen it done so thoroughly...
I have. I have a makeup brush with an antique silver handle (that I no longer travel with!) that, as it turns out, looks like a weapon in the x-rays. It was in my carry-on. Had a thorough rub down that time.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:26 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown
I saw this on the news this morning. It did seem a bit intense on a 10 yr. old child. What is this world coming to?
People need to START FIGHTING BACK!!!!!!

The TSA is a joke,AN EXPERIMENT AIMED TO SEE HOW MUCH PPL WILL LET THEM TREAT THEM BADLY... And its showing its true colours!!

Old 01-08-2016, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
People need to START FIGHTING BACK!!!!!!

The TSA is a joke,AN EXPERIMENT AIMED TO SEE HOW MUCH PPL WILL LET THEM TREAT THEM BADLY... And its showing its true colours!!
Nobody is required to fly. And when a terrorist gets through the check with something they shouldn't (and they do use children) will you still be screaming in caps about it being unfair?

Old 01-08-2016, 03:36 AM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times
Because we can't profile, this is what we have to live with. Perhaps the father should direct his anger towards the feds.

Old 01-08-2016, 03:45 AM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytegard View Post
What about this woman and others like her who have been rape victims and a pat down can cause trauma?

https://www.rt.com/usa/tsa-rape-room-wife-179/
I thought that too but was glad to see the girl smile at the end. The trauma here will later be, "my daddy exploited me online."

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
She can learn how to cope or just stop flying.

We can't revamp our security procedures for odd people like her.

She's the one who has to change, not the rest of the world.

Well, no need to be insensitive about it.

I would strongly suggest that if someone had that issue, they tell the "patter downer" before they "patted down." Although probably not "official policy," anyone with any sensitivity to trauma would probably stop after a few swipes to verbally "check in" with flier to make sure s/he is ok. If not, let her take a break while attending to other passengers until s/he is ready to continue.

Sure, this would take more time but so do people in wheelchairs. PTSD is a legit disability and people with it deserve as much consideration and respect as anyone.

I would not be surprised if people DO STOP FLYING because of their PTSD.

But females *very rarely* assault other females so I don't think female to female clothed contact is a big issue. I see it as similar to going to the doctor. It is something that needs to be done no matter how unpleasant.

I actually worry more about men and boys being pat down more than women. Statistically, physically and sexual assaults to males are much much more likely to be perpetrated by males.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:03 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I don't agree with anyone who says " The world has always been crazy", I have been on this earth for 70 years and have NEVER seen it as bad as it is today. Things we would never have dreamed of are happening every day........the world is definitely not Mayberry any more.

9-11 REALLY was the tipping point IMO. Up until then, terrorists were only something we heard of and they stayed in their own little part of the world and blew each other up. Then, on 9-11, they came for us, and it changed all the rules and how we had to look at things.

Did I like the fact that I had to take my shoes off, stand in an xray booth with my arms overhead, and then be patted down like a criminal ? No, it was a little degrading, but I accept the fact that someone on the plane I was traveling on could have been there to cause me and all the other passengers harm. So, I put up with a little inconvenience , got to my destination safely, and came home to my family that night.

It may not be pleasant, but it is the world we live in today and the reality we all have to live with.

Don

Old 01-08-2016, 06:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Next dear old dad will be decrying all the lecherous comments his daughter is getting over the video. Good one pops, you've now put your little girl right on front street for all the weirdo's and lech's to oggle and have dreams over.

Let's hope she doesn't gain some stalkers out of it...

Old 01-08-2016, 06:26 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
Ironically, the father's reaction only made it worse. Kind of like how the thugs that refuse police orders are usually the ones who get shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.