Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 05:43 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,281,128 times

Advertisements

And once again, our illustrious President says nothing. Is he crying again? I doubt it.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:44 PM

304 posts, read 343,972 times
My uncle was a State Trooper who took early retirement years ago due to fears of not knowing what he would face walking up to each vehicle. I had to retire from Law Enforcement after 12 years due to being hit by a drunk driver. I understand that there are people who wear the badge that have no business doing so. But please, understand that there are few professions where you walk out the door of your home each day not knowing if you will walk back in.

They work understaffed, often required double shifts, with less than desirable equipment due to no fault of their own.

I don't defend the bad ones, I ask that you respect the good ones. They are the majority. They are the ones you will call when you need.

There are some amazing people who put their lives on the line, and will give theirs in place of yours.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:57 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
And people wonder why Trump is so popular.
Dominos are lining up for Trump by the day.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:01 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Uh, what?
Irony. That's what.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It baffles me how obsessed some people are about who the suspect is, even after it's known the suspect was apprehended.

They care more about what the suspect looks like, instead of the actual victim, all for their petty, pathetic agendas.
Put away the race card because this time it's about religion.

He was a devout Muslim that supported ISIS and shot that cop in the name of Islam because the police do not follow the teachings of the Koran.

And he confessed to that.

As far as his skin color..goes to show you that not all radical Muslims are ME immigrants.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Put away the race card because this time it's about religion.

He was a devout Muslim that supported ISIS and shot that cop in the name of Islam because the police do not follow the teachings of the Koran.

And he confessed to that.

As far as his skin color..goes to show you that not all radical Muslims are ME immigrants.
Yep some people are in a huge hurry to make sure to find out if it was a white cop after a shooting but now cry that race is being brought up. Dumb and hypocritical.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:07 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmedpoet View Post
My uncle was a State Trooper who took early retirement years ago due to fears of not knowing what he would face walking up to each vehicle. I had to retire from Law Enforcement after 12 years due to being hit by a drunk driver. I understand that there are people who wear the badge that have no business doing so. But please, understand that there are few professions where you walk out the door of your home each day not knowing if you will walk back in.

They work understaffed, often required double shifts, with less than desirable equipment due to no fault of their own.

I don't defend the bad ones, I ask that you respect the good ones. They are the majority. They are the ones you will call when you need.

There are some amazing people who put their lives on the line, and will give theirs in place of yours.
Very well said! I agree that the majority of LEO'S are reputable and should be recognized for performing their jobs honorably, often under pressure.

There are many on here who claim to be LEO and scream that anyone who criticizes bad officers is a "cop hater." Them and their ilk only serve to widen the divide between the public and police, IMO. You definitely do not fall under within their class.

Repped

Old 01-08-2016, 06:08 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
I'm sure there's a vested interest in keeping Islam as a buzzword out of these discussions. There are innocent people Muslim, Sihk's being mistaken for Muslim, that are going to be targeted by members of the general public out of ignorance.

It's disingenuous and frustrating, but it's a huge conundrum for local authorities. How do you prevent innocent people from having other segments of the population turning on them. Something has to be done that's for sure.
There's been a recent trend to copycat the street gangs call to target the police in the aftermath of the Freddie Gray death in Baltimore.

Baltimore police say gangs 'teaming up' to take out officers - Baltimore Sun

Old 01-08-2016, 06:09 PM

Sadly the mumia guy that has been a celebrity cause for a long time shot a cop up in similar fashion.

Free mumia?

Same poo heads will be wearing shirts about freeing this poor oppressed guy ten years from now.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:28 PM

346 posts, read 463,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
And once again, our illustrious President says nothing. Is he crying again? I doubt it.
Ummm.... lemme' think.... yes! He cried due to gun violence. HE CRIES DUE TO GUN VIOLENCE! Might wanna' try Googling the Transitive Law: If A = B, and B = C, then A =..... well, you get the point. (I hope.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events