Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:09 AM

236 posts, read 319,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
That's what I was referring to by ''spin''. First week in office and Kenny's spin-machine is gearing up already. It is a hate crime. Where's the outrage? When those white suburbanites got into it in Center City with the 2 gays dudes, the outrage was palpable. Mummers are on the ropes for homophobic behavior and the city expressed outrage at these ''hate'' crimes.

Cop shot by a jihadist in Philly? Suspect: "I did it in the name of Islam''; City: ''It had nothing to do with Islam''. Day 4 of the Kenny Administration. Probably can't help it since PC and the Age of Oprah ''hurt feelings'' are controlling everything.

The shooter is an African-American male, expect little outrage or comments about him and his Muslim ties. Now, if the cop had shot this loser, Philly would be shut down and parasites like Sharpton would be in a limo on his way south to Philly.

Like the late '60s-early '70s, cops are under fire in the U.S. The difference this time is the blatant media manipulation and a White House fueling racial discord in general and animosity towards ''white'' cops in particular.

Never a good sign when a President is crying listening to Aretha Franklin singing ''You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman'' on national television.

If there was an extreme LBGT group who was making statements that any and all suburbanites must be fought, deported, and destroyed, I'm sure we'd all be making statements that those idiots don't represent all suburbanites (which they don't).

This is certainly a terrible event, very lucky it's not a tragedy and the officer survived. But unfortunately leaders have to make obvious statements to try and calm all of the Trump voting Brownshirts. What you'll find is that all these statements are trying to calm situations and prevent further violence.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:29 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1813 View Post
If there was an extreme LBGT group who was making statements that any and all suburbanites must be fought, deported, and destroyed, I'm sure we'd all be making statements that those idiots don't represent all suburbanites (which they don't).

This is certainly a terrible event, very lucky it's not a tragedy and the officer survived. But unfortunately leaders have to make obvious statements to try and calm all of the Trump voting Brownshirts. What you'll find is that all these statements are trying to calm situations and prevent further violence.

^^^

Kevin, you nailed it.

As a resident of West Philly I have neighbors who are Muslim. Nice neighbors. How could anyone with half a brain not know that the atrocities of a few does not justify hatred and blame on the majority.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:15 PM

38 posts, read 39,707 times
I read Kenny's statement as reflecting the actual religion of Islam, not the perverted version that the jihadis use to justify their atrocities.

He made the statement in order to clarify that distinction, not to carelessly say that the shooting didn't have 'anything to do with Islam.'

Old 01-11-2016, 04:10 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,297,931 times
It was reported last night through a tip that there may be others that were associated with the shooter, and the threat to police is not over. Have not heard anymore on it today.

Female tipster: 'Threat to police is not over'

Old 01-11-2016, 10:23 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,266,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
He seems to be another mentally ill individual with a long criminal record. He was supposed to show up in court on Monday.
How did he pass the background check to get his gun?

Old 01-11-2016, 10:49 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,297,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinish View Post
This should make the anti-cop crowd happy (even though I think the cop was black):

Police Officer Ambushed, Shot Multiple Times In West Philly « CBS Philly

He's lucky to be alive.
Holy ****.

No, it doesn't make me happy even though many of you classify me as anti-cop because I don't think any group of people should hold power over the rest of us. I also happen to believe the cops work for us and report to us. Not the other way around.

But that does NOT mean I hate cops or rejoice when they are hurt or killed.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:42 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
This was an attempted assassination on a police officer in the name of Islam (confession was videotaped). Why can't we discuss this ATG5?
yes, it was, and then in the early evening the mayor gets up and announces that it indeed was not at all a religiously motivated shooting, and yet, they've found others who are connected with the shooter and were reporting for days, that the police are still nervous.

Perfect example of how the Mayor will not back his own officers in the future, b/c he is politically driving, and not driven to do and say what is right.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2614...robert-spencer

the shooter testified, he did it for Islam...b/c police officers do not follow the Islam belief....

Old 01-12-2016, 12:38 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, it was, and then in the early evening the mayor gets up and announces that it indeed was not at all a religiously motivated shooting, and yet, they've found others who are connected with the shooter and were reporting for days, that the police are still nervous.

Perfect example of how the Mayor will not back his own officers in the future, b/c he is politically driving, and not driven to do and say what is right.

Philly Shooter: I Did It For Allah. Philly Mayor: No, You Didn

the shooter testified, he did it for Islam...b/c police officers do not follow the Islam belief....
Oh c'mon.

Please don't quote some extremist right wing Islamophobic website to me. I live in Philly and I am monitoring the story. In fact the shooting happened here in West Philly, not more than a couple of miles from my house.

The crime committed by this shooter is not an indictment against all Muslims. Yes, there are radical Muslim terrorists and there are Jihadists ... the actions of one criminal should not be used to demonize all Muslims any more than all legal gun owners should be demonized by a shooter in a planned mass killing.

Another thing: the shooter, besides being a despicable human being, is wrong: there are some Muslims in the Philadelphia Police Department. Just as there are Jewish police officers.

There is a significant Muslim community in this city. I'm sure ultra-conservatives would be delighted if "Hizzoner" our newly elected Mayor started a rant denouncing Muslims and the Islamic religion. Not gonna happen. In my neighborhood we have Christians of all denominations, many Jews, also Buddhists, Hidus, and Sikhs as well as Muslims. We all get along. This incident is an outlier. More crimes are committed here in Philly from people coming from Christian families (doesn't make the the criminal "Christian" I would happily admit) than any other religious group.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:46 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,929,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Oh c'mon.

Please don't quote some extremist right wing Islamophobic website to me. I live in Philly and I am monitoring the story. In fact the shooting happened here in West Philly, not more than a couple of miles from my house.

The crime committed by this shooter is not an indictment against all Muslims. Yes, there are radical Muslim terrorists and there are Jihadists ... the actions of one criminal should not be used to demonize all Muslims any more than all legal gun owners should be demonized by a shooter in a planned mass killing.

Another thing: the shooter, besides being a despicable human being, is wrong: there are some Muslims in the Philadelphia Police Department. Just as there are Jewish police officers.

There is a significant Muslim community in this city. I'm sure ultra-conservatives would be delighted if "Hizzoner" our newly elected Mayor started a rant denouncing Muslims and the Islamic religion. Not gonna happen. In my neighborhood we have Christians of all denominations, many Jews, also Buddhists, Hidus, and Sikhs as well as Muslims. We all get along. This incident is an outlier. More crimes are committed here in Philly from people coming from Christian families (doesn't make the the criminal "Christian" I would happily admit) than any other religious group.
Yep.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:50 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,094,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
How did he pass the background check to get his gun?
It was a stolen gun. An officer's gun stolen a couple of years ago in a home burglary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events