Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 06:01 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,148,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
She should be ashamed. 6 burgers? Seriously? Who eats 6 burgers?
Didn't you read the article? The order was for herself and her family.

Should a teenaged guy with pimples covering 80 to 90% of his face also be singled out for buying greasy food??

"Meh, a large fries for pimple-face over here." Arent I representing my employer well. *gets all proud*

Its not like McDonalds does table service so the only person that needs 6 cheese burgers IS the cashier.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:32 PM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
She should be ashamed. 6 burgers? Seriously? Who eats 6 burgers?
No one in any story on this thread. But see post #85. Maybe all of you could start an Illiteracy Pride movement or something.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:15 AM

5,790 posts, read 3,598,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Don't know what I believe about this story, but one thing is a fact. About ten people on here continued to post as if the girl ordered six burgers for herself, although the article clearly states it was for a family of four and although several posters pointed it out again.

So is it OK to shame people who pretend to be stupid so that they can make fun of someone else? Because I am on board with that.

Don't come back here and tell me you are ALL learning disabled or dyslexic or something. Willful stupidity is becoming as big an epidemic as obesity, I think.
At risk at going off topic, I'll say three short sentences about this one:

"Stupid" people (however defined) deserve dignified and respectful treatment, too. The "Golden Rule" is not just for the smart, common sense and/or educated people.

I don't want to get really off-topic, but I just had to bring that up. IM me if you want to discuss this more.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:40 AM

88,562 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
At risk at going off topic, I'll say three short sentences about this one:

"Stupid" people (however defined) deserve dignified and respectful treatment, too. The "Golden Rule" is not just for the smart, common sense and/or educated people.

I don't want to get really off-topic, but I just had to bring that up. IM me if you want to discuss this more.
You missed my entire point. People who really ARE learning challenged in some way deserve respect, just as you say. However, those are not the people I was addressing.

I'm talking about the people in this thread who didn't read the facts or pretended not to understand the situation so that they could feel free to pile on the insults to the fat girl. It's a common ploy on Internet message boards.

They are not "stupid". They are unkind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events