Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 09:38 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,214,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
I don't see the problem. There is nothing to be proud about being fat.

If it did happen it was MickeyD's minimum wage staff that was rude. Not MacDonald's policy. Maybe the woman should be fired but don't hold it against corporate.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:40 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
To be fair McD's cheeseburgers are pretty small.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:52 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
The article said she was ordering for a family of four. Six burgers for a family of four is not outrageous.
So now we're to believe they fat shamed her for ordering food for a whole family?

I'm beginning to agree with the people calling out fakery.

Old 01-12-2016, 09:54 AM

321 posts, read 419,867 times
I'll take "Things That Did Not Happen" for $500, Alex.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:24 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
I have a feeling people who struggle with their weight have no problem giving themselves body and self esteem issues without outside assistance. Noone deserves to be treated with cruelty. Especially by people employed by one of the largest purveyors of obesity. It seems counter intuitive to alienate their customer base. Although this very well may be a publicity ploy.
I assume it's a ploy by the girl for $$$.

That being said, I don't have any sympathy to people who are overweight but don't do anything about it. And I'm tired of hearing "It could be genetic!!!"

For a high majority of people, it's not genetic, it's their own laziness, lack of motivation, and willingness to commit to a healthier lifestyle.

My parents included. Growing up, it seemed like my parents were always on and off of diets, and they still are. Eat healthy for awhile, then go back. Go on short bike rides and walks, then went on vacation and "lost motivation" when they got back. It's not hard. Set aside 30 minutes a day to work out. Bike. Jog. Walk. Whatever. But don't expect sympathy when you're overweight and aren't doing anything about it.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:29 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,422,257 times
People are stupid...

She probably ordered a large diet coke to negate those cheeseburgers..

Old 01-12-2016, 10:56 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
If it did happen it was MickeyD's minimum wage staff that was rude. Not MacDonald's policy. Maybe the woman should be fired but don't hold it against corporate.

What does wage have to do with it?

No employee has any business doing that to a paying customer.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:00 AM

5,294 posts, read 6,059,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What does wage have to do with it?

No employee has any business doing that to a paying customer.

No human being has any business doing that to another regardless of sympathy level for that matter. I have a feeling this is a publicity ploy.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:31 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
No human being has any business doing that to another regardless of sympathy level for that matter. I have a feeling this is a publicity ploy.
Because it's not "politically correct" right?

Ridiculing smokers became socially acceptable a decade or two ago, so why can't the same happen to fatties?

And don't say because being fat doesn't affect others. Try telling that to obese guy on the plane on the way to Hong Kong who's fat rolls were rubbing in to me. Or when they take up 3 seats on public transit.

Old 01-12-2016, 11:40 AM

5,294 posts, read 6,059,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
Because it's not "politically correct" right?

Ridiculing smokers became socially acceptable a decade or two ago, so why can't the same happen to fatties?

And don't say because being fat doesn't affect others. Try telling that to obese guy on the plane on the way to Hong Kong who's fat rolls were rubbing in to me. Or when they take up 3 seats on public transit.

No because it's cruel. It does not mean that you make excuses for someone and their bad habits. Its has nothing to do with political correctness, just basic human decency. Everyone has responsibility for their situation, showing them some kindness might help them make better decisions.

When I see an overweight person at the gym I think "go you!". I've been at the gym and have overheard other people making jokes about an overweight person and it makes me so angry. Why on earth would you make fun of someone for trying. These people have enough self esteem issues that publicly shaming them isn't going to do anything to motivate them to better choices, it's just mean.

The situation in question seems different. I smell a civil lawsuit against mcdonalds for "emotional damage". They will get what's coming to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events