Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2016, 03:31 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica2099 View Post
It could have ended at the push-off if he was in the car. That is undeniable, sorry.
Sorry, no that is unacceptable. If they had ran away little Dr. Prissy Pants would still have her life the way it is instead if being in shambles now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2016, 04:39 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,223,846 times
She is lucky that the Uber driver did not press charges. However, there is no excuse for
her behavior. Truth is, "her highness" probably said things that her sober brain believes,
but alcohol gave her the guts to do it.

The ramifications of her actions are now up for debate everywhere and forever.
Anjali Ramkissoon

Old 01-25-2016, 05:06 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Yep. Some people are treating this girl like she killed someone and deserves to be horribly punished. Yes she was drunk asf and behaved in such a way that is appalling for a 30 year old doctor that at this point in her life should be intelligent and responsible enough to know better but it was obvious from that video that she was very drunk and acting out due to the fact that she was very drunk. I cannot use that video as a demonstration of the type of person she is when she's sober. Perhaps under normal circumstances that this is not how she carries herself?

People want her head because they believe that her drunken behavior is a result of an entitled attractive young woman that gets away with things, whom used drinking and being intoxicated as an excuse to treat someone horribly because she *Can*. She reminds them of the b**** girls that always get away with things because they're hot. And IMO, it grinds their nerves that she has not been penalized to their liking. Never mind the fact that she has been punished, that the Uber driver accepted the cash settlement and is over it, and that she did not kill him or complete such harm to him that he was not able to move on with his life the next day.

I do not think she needs to lose everything based on a 5 minute clip of her drunk off her a**. I guess others believe she should. To me the punishment she's received thus far(the public berating, the clip being everywhere, having her name torn down in social media outlets) have been completely humiliating and are punishment enough in my mind at least. Let her learn her lesson from this situation and move on with her life....

I'm a woman BTW, and though I thought her a** was nice, her looks have nothing to do with my thoughts on the matter. I believe some people are using her looks to justify why she isn't a criminal for what she did(hey she's hot, I'd bang her if I was that Uber guy) while others are vilifying her not necessarily solely based on this crime, but also because of how she looks. Neither attitude is right to me. Her punishment should fit the crime. And I think the punishment she's gotten so far(especially from the public) is enough.

I think some people are getting overly angry with her in a way that not even the Uber guy is, and he was the freaking victim--why harbor such anger at her? The need for her to never be able to work again as a doctor? Really?

SMH.
Really?! You think it's normal to physically attack another person and throw all their belongings onto the street when drunk? Put yourself in the position of the Uber driver. How would you like this done to you if it was your job? There is a saying--in vino vertas--meaning in wine there is truth. Alcohol doesn't turn you into a completely different person, but lets down your inhibitions and shows who you really are. Plenty of people could get drunk as a skunk and never try to steal another person's ride or attack them because they don't have that mentality of self-entitlement or anger. It's a basic attitude and underlying character that would carry over into how she treats people while sober. You would be OK with taking your elderly parent or grandparent to this person as a patient? If she's acting like this while on being recorded imagine how she treats service people while of camera.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
I'm starting to think those who think there shouldn't be harsh consequences for this violent assault are either special snowflakes with their own issues, or they've assaulted someone and sympathize with her.

Normal people neither condone, or give a pass, to someone who attacks another person. They know it's not normal and that rational people do not conduct themselves this way.

As for her being sorry.....that's typical for aggressive people to suddenly grow a fake conscious once they're faced with consequences. It's called manipulation.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:39 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
What a marvelous command of the English language you have, sir. I'm trying to think of the correct words to use to describe what I think of your numerous misogynistic diatribes about this woman, but I think I'll just let the phrase you used in your most recent post speak for itself:
Well, I've never attacked an innocent stranger for no reason - like this piece of excrement did. The mere fact that you're defending this woman makes you an apologist for her behavior - like many others on this thread. Again, if you were the Uber driver who was attacked, you definitely wouldn't be as forgiving.

As far as being misogynistic, just because I say a woman has a nice ass that doesn't make me misogynistic. Even a female poster on this thread made positive comments about the woman's derriere.

But, just because the woman has a nice rear-end, that doesn't make what she did acceptable.

And, this has been said before - but bears repeating. IF this woman had been:

1) A non-wealthy man,

2) of a different race,

or

3) poor/obese/ugly

she would have been locked up for assault, no question. She got a pass because she's a rich, entitled princess with a prestigious job - whose wealthy parents paid off the Uber driver so he wouldn't press charges.

Anyone that thinks that this woman's appearance, wealth, and job had nothing to do with why she wasn't locked up are delusional, and have been living under a rock their whole lives.

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 01-25-2016 at 06:11 PM..

Old 01-25-2016, 05:44 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I have known both and I call utter and complete BS.
What does your having acquaintances of various professions have to do with math?

Old 01-25-2016, 07:01 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Really?! You think it's normal to physically attack another person and throw all their belongings onto the street when drunk? Put yourself in the position of the Uber driver. How would you like this done to you if it was your job? There is a saying--in vino vertas--meaning in wine there is truth. Alcohol doesn't turn you into a completely different person, but lets down your inhibitions and shows who you really are. Plenty of people could get drunk as a skunk and never try to steal another person's ride or attack them because they don't have that mentality of self-entitlement or anger. It's a basic attitude and underlying character that would carry over into how she treats people while sober. You would be OK with taking your elderly parent or grandparent to this person as a patient? If she's acting like this while on being recorded imagine how she treats service people while of camera.
People are rarely simplistic and one dimensional. The way she behaves in her profession could differ drastically to her behavior with family, friends, or in this case drunk. I will not use a 5 minute video of her drunk off her a$$ to make a complete assessment on who she is and the type of person she is under normal circumstances. Personally I have no idea how my doctor is drunk, or how her personality shifts as soon as she leaves the office and heads home. I only know what she presents when she's handling my care, sure I could use that and attempt to paint a complete picture of who she is outside of work but I'm fully aware that people are far more complex and that I really only know her as my doctor--not as a mother, daughter, etc. Maybe you've formed close relationships with your doctors and you know what they are like outside of the office-but I'm admitting I do not. I have no clue what type of Doctor the woman in the op is. The only thing i know is that when she was drunk she was violent, reckless, inconsiderate, destructive, irresponsible and far too immature. Keeping in mind that she was drunk and that as far as what's been presented this is the first time she's acted this crazy I'm going to just assume that she made some horrible decisions that night.

And no I do not condone anything she did. I agree that she needed to be penalized and she needs to "feel" the consequences of what she's done. The public has already belittled her name, she paid money to this driver, she was placed on leave, she most likely will have a hard time finding a position in her city, and she's embarassed and humiliated her family and her name. That's punishment enough for the decisions she made that night. However I do not believe that this should forever haunt her and that she should never be able to practice solely based on this one drunken night. The uber driver forgave her and seemed alright with just receiving money. If he felt that she deserved a harsher punishment he would have pressed charges. He's the victim here and he's moving on from this--and keep in mind despite how horrible she was and violent, he was not harmed to the point where he needed to go to the hospital or was unable to work the rest of the week. So why should this girl permanently feel the wrath of one night when you keep in mind the nature of her crime???

I think it's a bit strong to want this girl to never be able to practice medicine because of this incident. I believe she should be able to learn from this, and eventually move on with her life elsewhere doing what she had invested time in(becoming a doctor). Clearly you and others do not agree with me. So be it. But nowhere did I condone her behavior or say that it was normal to behave the way she has. I only said that I don't believe this needs to follow her wherever she goes for the rest of her life. I do agree though that her being attractive, petite, from a ethnicity that isn't often lumped or stereotyped as criminals often, and the fact that she is in the profession she is in is what saved her. For me, had it been someone that was a Walmart employee, poor, unattractive, black or Latino, that did the same thing I would have the same opinion--that the person needs to face consequences but that they should not follow them for the rest of their life.

Last edited by Faith2187; 01-25-2016 at 07:10 PM..

Old 01-25-2016, 07:03 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What does your having acquaintances of various professions have to do with math?
Speaking of math, if there are data to support the assertion that:
"A neurologist will make roughly the same hourly rate as a teacher when you compare lifetime take home pay to lifetime hours worked."
I would love to see it.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:11 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,607,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What math? There was no math at all in the post I was responding to. It's called life and experience. We don't need a dissertation to tell us that astrophysicists make more than supermarket cashiers either.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:37 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
And no I do not condone anything she did. I agree that she needed to be penalized and she needs to "feel" the consequences of what she's done. The public has already belittled her name, she paid money to this driver, she was placed on leave, she most likely will have a hard time finding a position in her city, and she's embarassed and humiliated her family and her name. That's punishment enough for the decisions she made that night. However I do not believe that this should forever haunt her and that she should never be able to practice solely based on this one drunken night. The uber driver forgave her and seemed alright with just receiving money. If he felt that she deserved a harsher punishment he would have pressed charges. He's the victim here and he's moving on from this--and keep in mind despite how horrible she was and violent, he was not harmed to the point where he needed to go to the hospital or was unable to work the rest of the week. So why should this girl permanently feel the wrath of one night when you keep in mind the nature of her crime???

I think it's a bit strong to want this girl to never be able to practice medicine because of this incident. I believe she should be able to learn from this, and eventually move on with her life elsewhere doing what she had invested time in(becoming a doctor). Clearly you and others do not agree with me. So be it. But nowhere did I condone her behavior or say that it was normal to behave the way she has. I only said that I don't believe this needs to follow her wherever she goes for the rest of her life. I do agree though that her being attractive, petite, from a ethnicity that isn't often lumped or stereotyped as criminals often, and the fact that she is in the profession she is in is what saved her. For me, had it been someone that was a Walmart employee, poor, unattractive, black or Latino, that did the same thing I would have the same opinion--that the person needs to face consequences but that they should not follow them for the rest of their life.
Interesting post. I just wanted to address several points here:

1) The only reason the Uber driver "forgave" her is because she - and/or her wealthy parents - paid him off. I'm fairly certain that if he hadn't been paid off, he would have pressed charges against her. Very few people would "forgive" an attack like that against their person without being paid off - no way. Also, if you look at the video carefully she tried to knee him in the crotch - he avoided it (I guess he was expecting her to do that), but if she had kneed him there he would have been on the ground writhing in pain. The fact that she didn't connect is almost beside the point - her intent was to seriously injure him.

2) Re: the section in your second paragraph above that I bolded, glad someone has finally admitted this - I agree 100%.

This woman does NOT deserve the job she has. She's a disgrace to her profession, and needs to be removed from her position - pronto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events