Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 12:43 PM

5,865 posts, read 3,309,794 times

Advertisements

Activists Demand ‘Justice’ After Officer Breaks Up Vicious High School Fight What a joke. I don't feel the least bit sorry for her!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 01:11 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,095,037 times
No end any more... We can never be correct in a segment.. A damaged segment of our society... Its everywhere... Including this forum where we see it daily

Old 01-23-2016, 01:17 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,770,560 times
Why in this day and age do Police Officers take any action at all when they are damned if they do?

Old 01-23-2016, 01:17 PM

8,885 posts, read 4,605,883 times
Well, how about this one?

http://www.bikerspost.com/article/27...r-awarded-180k

Mahalo

Old 01-23-2016, 10:53 PM

5,865 posts, read 3,309,794 times
If the cop does nothing he will be accused of not doing his job. So he grabs her and as she is struggling and resisting the other girl the force of separating her she bangs her head. I just cant feel sorry for her. Again its the culture that I will do what I want and if anything happens to me its someone else fault. No responsibility what so ever.

Old 01-24-2016, 03:55 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,452,318 times
Both of these links have the same problem ... only one side of the story is told. You may say that the girls fight video speaks for itself ... but it does not. The non-cop was holding one girl ... but the perp didn't stop. Why? Here we go again with 15 minutes. Does anyone know what these two virtuous virgins were fighting about? Inquiring minds want to know.

El Nox

Old 01-24-2016, 08:16 AM

16,683 posts, read 8,677,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
If the cop does nothing he will be accused of not doing his job. So he grabs her and as she is struggling and resisting the other girl the force of separating her she bangs her head. I just cant feel sorry for her. Again its the culture that I will do what I want and if anything happens to me its someone else fault. No responsibility what so ever.

I wonder if some of this is coming from kids raised by single mothers. In most families the mom is the nurturer and the father the disciplinarian. Another words, moms are much more likely to assume their little angles are not at fault, and find excuses. Even if the kid is wrong, moms are less likely to significantly punish the kid, especially with a spanking.
I remember when I'd get in trouble at school, my dad always assumed the teacher was right, where as my mom was less likely to think that way. Even if she was sure I was wrong, she would try to keep the punishment to a minimum or get it reduced somewhere along the way.

I say this not to imply all kids will turn out that way because some single mothers still have the fathers in the kids life, or they do a decent job at playing both roles. However with limited time and resources, it would be tough for any parent to play both roles.
For example, back in the day it was much more common for kids to be raised by a widowed father, than it is today. That was because a higher percentage of moms died during, or from complications of childbirth. Those dads still had to work, and the kids were stuck with a less empathetic disciplinarian instead of a nurturer. Granted some dads did ok, or the woman they would remarry filled the role. Still, I imagine kids were much more likely to get their rears spanked, and expected to pull themselves up by their boot straps.
Obviously back in those days few single moms were running around compared with today, as it was a huge social stigma to raise kids out of wedlock, and divorce was very uncommon.

Plus once kids start coming into their own, especially boys, they need men to keep them in line. At a certain point, only a man can physically handle their teenage son if need be, and that helps to keep the potentially unruly boys in line. Kids, especially boys raised without dads are much more likely to commit crimes, hence part of the huge problem in the current black culture.

So while we no longer value the institution of marriage like we once did, we'd better find a way to figure out what is causing this new social degradation.

`

Old 01-24-2016, 08:20 AM

7,580 posts, read 5,342,395 times
I must have missed the excessive part.

Old 01-24-2016, 08:41 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,309,910 times
I don't see excessive force in the first one. I also don't understand people who physically need to be in a fight. I don't think the officer was wrong.

The officer was wrong in the second video. He hit the motorcycle and knocked the guy off even though I think the guy may have stopped a little too quickly. I think an expletive or two might have been permissible in that case. The guy reacted to the situation without having time to think. The officer pulling the gun and kicking was excessive. At the same time, we didn't see the infraction. Why was the man on the motorcycle pulled over?

Old 01-24-2016, 09:17 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,101,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
...are much more likely to assume their little angles are not at fault...
So, are these angles acute or obtuse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events