Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 04:02 PM

17,558 posts, read 13,334,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Activists Demand ‘Justice’ After Officer Breaks Up Vicious High School Fight What a joke. I don't feel the least bit sorry for her!!!!

Maybe the activists would rather have had the students beat the crap out of each other?

This anti-cop crap is out of hand. The cop did what was needed, no more no less, because of these idiots fight. No he is in the cross hairs. WHAT GARBAGE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2016, 05:04 PM

21,831 posts, read 25,114,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Activists Demand ‘Justice’ After Officer Breaks Up Vicious High School Fight What a joke. I don't feel the least bit sorry for her!!!!
Oh, I can feel sorry for her. Doesn't mean the cop did anything wrong though. I was horsing around with another student at school and got slammed up against a wall by a resource officer hard enough to get the wind knocked out of me. No idea why we were horsing around. We just suddenly decided to pretend to get into an argument and start wrestling with each other. I wasn't thinking at the time, but pretty much everyone who saw it later thought we were serious. Today we'd probably be suspended but back then there was more kids will be kids so we just got (deservedly) yelled at by the resource officers for being idiots, which we were.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:36 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,754 times
Back in the "roaming buffalo" days, when we got into a fight at school, a large circle formed to enjoy the show. When it was over, everyone went back to class.

El Nox

Old 01-26-2016, 12:56 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,832,914 times
I'm not seeing the excessive force either. The girls were fighting and had to be broken up. The first attempt failed, so the second attempt was a bit more persuasive.

If it was my kid, he'd be in more trouble at home than at the school. And he'd also be personally apologizing for putting the officer in such a situation. I guess that's the difference between responsibility and a victim mentality.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:12 PM

307 posts, read 245,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
No end any more... We can never be correct in a segment.. A damaged segment of our society... Its everywhere... Including this forum where we see it daily
In nearly every one of your posts

Old 01-26-2016, 01:20 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,885,931 times
I expected to see a Hulk Hogan body-slam with a flying elbow. But if it doesn't get exaggerated then there will be no public outcry. Hey, if you don't break the law then the cops won't come after you. I learned that early in life the easy way; common sense.

Old 01-26-2016, 01:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,600,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Back in the "roaming buffalo" days, when we got into a fight at school, a large circle formed to enjoy the show. When it was over, everyone went back to class.

El Nox
Reminds me of the time I was stopped by the law for having slate and chalk in hand while riding my horse to school.

But back on topic, this line just says it all:

Quote:
Nelson’s mother says she is not backing down until “justice is served.”
She should have served some justice on her daughters behind when she was younger and maybe this wouldn't have happened.

And which one is her daughter? The one that looks like a comb hasn't touched her hair in a decade?

Old 01-26-2016, 02:22 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
If your going to act like a man and fight like a man expect to be treated like a man. Act like a lady and you can expect to be treated like one.
Cant the officers or administrators use tasers, or cattle prods?

Old 01-26-2016, 02:33 PM

24,473 posts, read 17,211,031 times
What I saw was a black on black assault in progress while white teachers stood watching. Were they afraid to get involved out of fear of being hurt or fear of losing everything to a lawsuit?

The group kept saying that there was other ways to stop this. How about teaching your kids that a fist fight in school is not the way to solve problems?

The cop is not doubt paid to be in school and respond to fights, drug use/ sales, weapons and shootings. He did what he was trained to do and neutralized the threat.

I think the group is sniffing around for a lawsuit payday. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned racism yet.

Old 01-26-2016, 03:13 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,832,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What I saw was a black on black assault in progress while white teachers stood watching. Were they afraid to get involved out of fear of being hurt or fear of losing everything to a lawsuit?

The group kept saying that there was other ways to stop this. How about teaching your kids that a fist fight in school is not the way to solve problems?

The cop is not doubt paid to be in school and respond to fights, drug use/ sales, weapons and shootings. He did what he was trained to do and neutralized the threat.

I think the group is sniffing around for a lawsuit payday. I'm surprised that no one has mentioned racism yet.
I'm sure racism has been mentioned in plenty of places. Hopefully we can keep the conversation civil here.

As far as the techers standing around, you would be safe to assume they are afraid of a lawsuit or losing their job. Physical harm, too. Sadly, every one of the adults are in a position to where they are the bad guy either way.

I fully believe the media hoopla is entirely about a payday. Most reasonable parents would have sided with the cop here, and laid out some punishment on the girls. If this were two males we wouldn't be having this conversation. Having seen a few vicious girl fights, I'd rather fight a guy. Some of them chicks are nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events