Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:19 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times

Advertisements

My local Walmart has this huge parking lot that always has tons of cars/trucks/campers parked in the back. Some stay for days, weeks, months. I doubt anyone would notice anything for quite awhile. Walmart sure doesn't do anything about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 08:32 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
Walmart offers free "over night" parking for campers and motor homes etc for travelers. Its not exactly scenic but if you are tired, wanna save a few bucks, what ever, its a nice service to the public.

Its sad a dead body can sit in a car in a busy place like that for months but I can see how it could happen. According to the article, the windows were dark tinted, there was a sun shade on the windshield, it was parked in a remote area of the lot. I can see how it could go unnoticed for quiet a while. At least she had been reported as missing. Sometimes the best place to hide is in plain sight. No one is looking for you there.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:52 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,817,231 times
What about the guy who died at his desk? He was the type to come in early and stay late. He came in early on a Friday, died at his desk, and wasn't found until the next week. He was quiet and kept to himself, so no one bothered him. They did, however, all fight over his red Swingline stapler after the body was hauled out.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:16 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,080,364 times
This story remind me of when I went with my aunt to look at a house she was going to fix up and rent . Well the house was at the end of a dirt road and she and I both thought :wow you would never see this house from the road " we drove up and there was a man on a rocking chair on the front porch , I got out and said hello and he did not move and I told my aunt , "you had better wait there , cause he is not moving I think he is dead " and he was visibily dead as I got closer . we called the real estate agent and then we called the police . The real estate agent said she had just been out there a few days ago and no one was there . The police officer told us it looked like he was a homeless person and he just sat down to rest and died there . I wonder how long he would have been there had we not gone over there . Well anyway my aunt bought the house and while she was cleaning it up and getting it ready one of her workers found a makeshift camp site a ways from the house so she figured the guy was probably living behind the house in the woods , scary really if you think about it . Sad as well.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:39 AM

17,160 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Walmart offers free "over night" parking for campers and motor homes etc for travelers. Its not exactly scenic but if you are tired, wanna save a few bucks, what ever, its a nice service to the public.

Its sad a dead body can sit in a car in a busy place like that for months but I can see how it could happen. According to the article, the windows were dark tinted, there was a sun shade on the windshield, it was parked in a remote area of the lot. I can see how it could go unnoticed for quiet a while. At least she had been reported as missing. Sometimes the best place to hide is in plain sight. No one is looking for you there.
I had an engine throw a rod one time on an older car. Chugged along until I could park it at a Wal-Mart. It sat there for a good week or so before I had the salvage truck take it away. No one said anything about it.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:55 AM

3,166 posts, read 3,358,514 times
[QUOTE=adams_aj;42969999]What about the guy who died at his desk? He was the type to come in early and stay late. He came in early on a Friday, died at his desk, and wasn't found until the next week. He was quiet and kept to himself, so no one bothered him. They did, however, all fight over his red Swingline stapler after the body was hauled out.[/quote]

Really, ?? What is it with people and staplers? Reminds me of that strange dude on TV in Office. Anyways, reading the article, a needle was found in her car and that she may of died from an overdose not a suicide.

I used to work at a big box chain with a huge parking lot. Gotta admit never really paid much attention how long a vehicle has been sitting there. And with the girl's vehicle being tinted, I can see how it took that long for anyone to notice.

Old 02-11-2016, 12:31 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,848,917 times
I can see nobody paying attention to a parked jetta. Not really a unique, eye catching car, at least to me so I know I wouldn't notice it. I would notice some classic muscle car, lifted 4x4, street rod or whatever but even then, how would I know if it wasn't being moved. Wal-marts have big parking lots so a car not having been moved wouldn't be given much thought because it could have been move between another set of lines. No big deal. As far as other employees. A bunch work at those stores and I know when I worked at larger retail places I didn't know what everybody drove so I would give no thought. Besides, perhaps an employee had a breakdown and is waiting for a few extra bucks to get it towed/fixed.

Now what does seem strange though, is that it is a car, therefore open and low (unlike a van or dark windowed SUV) and nobody noticed a strange looking (as in dead) body! But then again, and like to consider myself aware of my surroundings, I don't like looking close enough into a car to actually make any identifications as such. So I could have parked right next to her and not thought anything different.

*just read above that the windows were tinted. makes all sorts of sense now. I mean really, who is really going to notice a body through tinted windows in a regular car that is parked in a large parking lot where people do normally park cars for day's at a time?

Old 02-11-2016, 01:06 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,959,249 times
She was found in the parking lot? I heard they discovered her body in the Customer Service line.

Old 02-11-2016, 01:12 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,000,428 times
I googled Earth, That Walmart has a shared packing lot with other stores, Depending on where in the lot the car was (and if Walmart "Controlled" it)

It might the Developer/Shopping center management might be the one in charge of the lot.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/&#39...46!2d36.717909

Old 02-11-2016, 01:16 PM

16,277 posts, read 10,408,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

It's as if you had logged into my brain, read my thoughts, and made this post because this is pretty much word for word what I was going to say. Every word of it.

You must be a very very smart poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events