Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 06:39 PM

250 posts, read 1,118,843 times

Advertisements

Nobody noticed a parked car in a Walmart parking lot, out of the 100- 500 cars parked there depending on the time of day? WEIRD! Seriously though, lots of people live in Walmart parking lots, for months at a time, possibly longer... why would they notice this particular car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 08:35 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inderocker View Post
Nobody noticed a parked car in a Walmart parking lot, out of the 100- 500 cars parked there depending on the time of day? WEIRD! Seriously though, lots of people live in Walmart parking lots, for months at a time, possibly longer... why would they notice this particular car?
Even at 24 hour stores, traffic decreases to a trickle late at night / early AM. At 4AM the lot would be pretty empty!

Maybe I am strange, but for example, on my walk to work I noticed a bike. The next day it was missing a wheel. A week or two later it was missing the other wheel. Over time it was stripped bare to the frame. finally 4-6 weeks after that the bike was finally removed by the city. I thought about calling, but in my experience the city didn't bother sweeping these bikes, and that was normal behavior. City workers were stationed across the street and clearly did nothing.

For me, I seeing the same thing over a long period of time in the same place feels suspicious. It is surprising to me no one who is in that vicinity regularly noticed something amiss.

Old 02-12-2016, 09:38 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,616,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The security that patrols the parking lot? An average customer isn't there frequently enough to notice. A worker possibly is.

It is totally suspicious that a car doesn't move over time. I notice when the same car is parked in the same spot on my block.

I assume they had someone patrolling during the day and night.
You're assuming there's security that patrols the parking lot. Many big box stores don't have security patrolling the parking lot. None of the Walmarts in my area do. Lowe's doesn't. Wegmans doesn't. Somehow these places are all fine.

You notice the same car parked in the same spot on your block because you see it every day. Have you looked inside it to see if someone died in it? No! Typically, employees park in the same spot or next to it every day. I know because I've done this along with numerous co-workers when I worked at big box stores, restaurants, office buildings, and the mall.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:28 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,354,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Even at 24 hour stores, traffic decreases to a trickle late at night / early AM. At 4AM the lot would be pretty empty!

Maybe I am strange, but for example, on my walk to work I noticed a bike. The next day it was missing a wheel. A week or two later it was missing the other wheel. Over time it was stripped bare to the frame. finally 4-6 weeks after that the bike was finally removed by the city. I thought about calling, but in my experience the city didn't bother sweeping these bikes, and that was normal behavior. City workers were stationed across the street and clearly did nothing.

For me, I seeing the same thing over a long period of time in the same place feels suspicious. It is surprising to me no one who is in that vicinity regularly noticed something amiss.
Regardless, no one is there twenty-four hours a day. Some people park in the same spots every day. If I come into work and park in my spot around 8 AM everyday, and I see the same car parked there before and after I leave, how do I know that it isn't just someone coming in before and after me? If I'm a security guard working 12-7, how do I know it's not a random, overnight manager/supervisor/etc. parking there, night after night?

And I am like you---HOWEVER, parking lots are a different story. Yes, I go outside and I notice the old red pick-up truck and I know when she hasn't moved her car in awhile and that she only moves it for alternate side. There are lots of cars that I recognize in and around my area. Heck, I will even recognize certain cars that seem to drive in traffic with me almost everyday. A random, unassuming vehicle that looks like tons of other vehicles in a parking lot that I'm not in all of the time? I can't say that I would recognize that, especially if I'm not parking in the same area of the parking lot everyday. (Heck, I work night shift and I don't even park in the same location every night even though there are way less of us.) Walmart also has a lot of part-time employees, so it's not like they're all there, day-after-day either.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:19 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,885,463 times
rip doesn't surprise me though.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:41 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,028,436 times
Wonder what her body looked like after 3 months. Probably desiccated from heat. Borderline mummified. So sad.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:27 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,921,685 times
During the day, there are hundreds of cars coming and going on any given time. There are even some people who live out of their cars/RVs as well.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:34 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,425,578 times
A little Febreze and that car will be on Craigslist soon.

Old 02-13-2016, 06:34 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,832,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
Wonder what her body looked like after 3 months. Probably desiccated from heat. Borderline mummified. So sad.
Ya it IS sad...... No one cares about anyone

Old 02-13-2016, 08:35 AM

140 posts, read 124,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya it IS sad...... No one cares about anyone
Extreme selfishness is the norm of society. Along with the destruction of the family unit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events