Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 03:37 PM

888 posts, read 557,156 times

Advertisements

This is why I rarely come on this board, it's so upsetting sometimes. And this is one of those times. Absolutely sickening. That poor child what she must have gone through. Why have kids? why not just put up for adoption? So selfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 04:50 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,015,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Terrible as it sounds, the child is better off now with the Lord.
Yes that is terrible to say. You would rather this 2 year old take a permanent dirt nap than to be alive and well just because she doesn't have the greatest mother in the world. Yes the mother should be charged, but to say the child is better off dead because she has a bad mother is just pathetic.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:01 PM

50 posts, read 47,787 times
Who gives a flip what her occupation was... she could've been a doctor, lawyer, or banker; it wouldn't matter. She left her child alone, unattended, and it lead to that baby's death. I'm going to guess there was no father in this child's life. I'll even go far as to guess the mother probably didn't have responsible parents herself to pattern after. Regardless, she was adult enough to have a child and she deliberately walked out that door leaving her little toddler alone.
Any number of things can happen to a toddler.
There are accidents and then there is deliberate neglect. This is neglect.
How very tragic.
Sterilization should be mandated in some cases.
What a sad world we live in.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:22 PM

736 posts, read 354,707 times
Very sad to read this story. Poor child didn't even have a chance at life.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:32 PM

19,868 posts, read 12,159,281 times
Her parents were separated.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:35 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,213,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No matter what the mother's profession the media would be reporting this, especially since the child was left alone through the night while the mother went out to play. She would be catching h3ll even if she left the child to go to work, just might have garnered more sympathy if that had been the case.
True, however, I doubt the OP would want her killed!

Old 02-29-2016, 06:43 PM

189 posts, read 176,989 times
I think it's a tragedy, but I don't find the mother at fault. I think it's reasonable to expect that one's house won't burn down on any given night. For the people who say a toddler should not be left alone, that would only be a reasonable expectation if there were convenient 24/7 free childcare facilities available where the mother could've left her toddler.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:25 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,683,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyMunster View Post
Who gives a flip what her occupation was... she could've been a doctor, lawyer, or banker; it wouldn't matter. She left her child alone, unattended, and it lead to that baby's death. I'm going to guess there was no father in this child's life. I'll even go far as to guess the mother probably didn't have responsible parents herself to pattern after. Regardless, she was adult enough to have a child and she deliberately walked out that door leaving her little toddler alone.
Any number of things can happen to a toddler.
There are accidents and then there is deliberate neglect. This is neglect.
How very tragic.
Sterilization should be mandated in some cases.
What a sad world we live in.
Yes, we're always hearing about those single moms who are doctors and lawyers who leave toddlers unattended.

What she does for a living and her status in life certainly has to do with what occurred.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:36 PM

19,868 posts, read 12,159,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anika783 View Post
I think it's a tragedy, but I don't find the mother at fault. I think it's reasonable to expect that one's house won't burn down on any given night. For the people who say a toddler should not be left alone, that would only be a reasonable expectation if there were convenient 24/7 free childcare facilities available where the mother could've left her toddler.
The child was 2. In what world is it okay to leave a 2 year old alone to go partying for hours? smh

Old 02-29-2016, 07:59 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,683,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anika783 View Post
Do you drink before posting?

So many things can go wrong besides a fire. You don't leave a 2 year old alone...end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events