Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 01:31 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,213,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Her occupation has nothing to do with my judgment towards the mom, its that she left a little 2 year old alone. Its worse that she did it just to party. No small child should be left home alone for ANY reason. Poor baby.
This, unfortunately happens far too often, but what the media make of it is fueled by her being a stripper. If you cannot see my point, then don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 01:49 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,188,486 times
I hesitated posting this, but I wouldn't be surprised if this woman is more (or at least as) upset at the possibility of jail time, than losing her daughter.

As far as wishing to kidnap someone, set them on fire and watch them burn to death...uh, that's a little much.

Old 02-29-2016, 01:50 PM

663 posts, read 1,147,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
Well that mother will have to remember this for the rest of her life. I hope she has learned a lesson.
That's the saddest part, we have to Hope she learned her lesson, because we all know, she's going to have more kids.
Maybe the state should give her a choice. Goto prison for 25 years, or 5 years and be sterilized

Old 02-29-2016, 02:55 PM

19,872 posts, read 12,164,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
This, unfortunately happens far too often, but what the media make of it is fueled by her being a stripper. If you cannot see my point, then don't.
No matter what the mother's profession the media would be reporting this, especially since the child was left alone through the night while the mother went out to play. She would be catching h3ll even if she left the child to go to work, just might have garnered more sympathy if that had been the case.

Old 02-29-2016, 02:57 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,417,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Terrible as it sounds, the child is better off now with the Lord. I doubt she would have had much of a life being raised by her mother. Unfortunately, the charges are so minor, she'll probably do very little time. If she has a conscience, that will be her penalty.
Probably the most disturbing post I've read in a while.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:03 PM

34,136 posts, read 17,199,473 times
I hope she gets a long jail sentence. Reprehensible.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:17 PM

99,805 posts, read 4,503,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariez149 View Post
Stripper Arrested For Child Endangerment When Daughter Dies In Fire | Bossip

What a scum bag and horrid mother, if it were up to me I'd put her in a building, tie her up, and watch her burn to death!
So in order to express your revulsion at this horrid mother, you're going to become just like her?

Old 02-29-2016, 03:18 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,082,616 times
It's not about her job. Maybe it's the only thing she could do. Maybe she just made a mistake, but it cost her daughter her life.

Old 02-29-2016, 03:27 PM

17,435 posts, read 15,575,271 times
On a side note, this reporting is all sorts of bad. For starters, Monroe St is in Bed-Stuy, not Bushwick.
Second, what does her profession have anything to do with? Who cares if she was a stripper, and in what way did it contribute to this tragedy?

As for the penalty, I'm at odds about this. On one hand, she (in my eyes) committed involuntary manslaughter... On the other hand, she's clearly going to be suffering from her loss for a long, long time already. She needs to do time, for sure, but how much?

Old 02-29-2016, 03:35 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,871,952 times
This is the kind of crud that infuriates me. Leaving a toddler alone to deal with any number of things that might befall her....unbelievable

Does anyone really think that this dame wasn't "pulling a check" (that's what they call it on the street) for this child? These are the cases in which children should be pulled from the home and placed elsewhere-- absent parents, crackhead mothers....being sent to school hungry. It makes me sick.

Bring back orphanages. The innocent children would be a hell of a lot better off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events