Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2016, 06:37 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times

Advertisements

Teen pleads guilty, gets time served in Ravens Super Bowl parade killing - Baltimore Sun

Last edited by mjlo; 04-10-2016 at 07:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 01:43 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,489 times
Incredible. What's worse is when you read down the article and look at the absolute mayhem in Baltimore, not to mention the rest of MD. Guess you gotta thank the Baltimore politico's for their superior job performance.

El Nox

Old 04-11-2016, 04:47 AM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Incredible. What's worse is when you read down the article and look at the absolute mayhem in Baltimore, not to mention the rest of MD. Guess you gotta thank the Baltimore politico's for their superior job performance.

El Nox
Life is cheap. Getting cheaper by the day.

Old 04-11-2016, 04:53 AM

45,425 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:

El Nox

"The rest of Maryland" does not have "absolute mayhem". The crime rate is driven primarily by two jurisdictions, Baltimore City and Prince George's County. Most of the rest of the state is low crime by almost any standard.

Like other states Maryland is currently struggling with issues of opioid use.

I see the kid is on probation. If he follows form he'll violate it and this suspended sentence will go into effect.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:35 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,719,194 times
It's not like they had a strong case. The first trial was deadlocked with 11 wanting to acquit. He could have walked completely from a second trial.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:22 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
"The rest of Maryland" does not have "absolute mayhem". The crime rate is driven primarily by two jurisdictions, Baltimore City and Prince George's County. Most of the rest of the state is low crime by almost any standard.

Like other states Maryland is currently struggling with issues of opioid use.

I see the kid is on probation. If he follows form he'll violate it and this suspended sentence will go into effect.
I understand your point. As I scrolled down reading the rest of the sheet going on in MD in the link, I guess I made an over generalization. I also agree about the opioid use problem ... that one is nationwide. However, on you last point about the THUG (vice kid), while like you I think it won't be long (if it hasn't already happened) that he will break the conditions of parole, I will not bet one shiny penny that the court would enforce the edict. Remember, this is Baltimore, not the 'rest of the state'.

One man's opinion.

El Nox

Old 04-11-2016, 05:34 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
I understand your point. As I scrolled down reading the rest of the sheet going on in MD in the link, I guess I made an over generalization. I also agree about the opioid use problem ... that one is nationwide. However, on you last point about the THUG (vice kid), while like you I think it won't be long (if it hasn't already happened) that he will break the conditions of parole, I will not bet one shiny penny that the court would enforce the edict. Remember, this is Baltimore, not the 'rest of the state'.

One man's opinion.

El Nox
He'll violate parole or get shot dead by someone in revenge.

If he's not shot dead, he'll eventually screw up and get arrested where they'll see the violation and he'll go away for a long time.

Along the way however I'd guess he'll kill and maim a bunch of others like his last victim before becoming a permanent ward of the state.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:03 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
He'll violate parole or get shot dead by someone in revenge.

If he's not shot dead, he'll eventually screw up and get arrested where they'll see the violation and he'll go away for a long time.

Along the way however I'd guess he'll kill and maim a bunch of others like his last victim before becoming a permanent ward of the state.
He will be a "hero" in his community and looked up to by wannabe thugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events