Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 08:49 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times

Advertisements

The tattoos were very beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 09:01 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Provided it was a reputable tattoo artist, and they assured me that the tat wouldn't be anything vulgar or otherwise objectionable, I might consider it.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:38 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
In not so many years, the landscape will be lots of seniors pushing their walkers and adorned with tats. What seems strange today won't merit a second glance.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
In not so many years, the landscape will be lots of seniors pushing their walkers and adorned with tats. What seems strange today won't merit a second glance.

Meant to add: Thinking of elderly ladies with tattoos seems weird. Not so much old guys after having seen so many WWII vets with tats.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:57 AM

274 posts, read 252,709 times
Quote:
Provided it was a reputable tattoo artist, and they assured me that the tat wouldn't be anything vulgar or otherwise objectionable, I might consider it.

They may know him, but did HE know for sure who he was tattooing? I think one's tattoos are a personal statement, and "random" ink, to me, makes no sense.

A lot of people get skulls or snakes inked on themselves. I'm cool with that if that's what you're into, but I don't want one on myself. If I pulled my arm out of that hole and saw a snake or a skull, I'd be upset, but I'd have no one to blame but myself.

Old 10-07-2016, 11:12 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Not in a million years. I'm not a tattoo person in the first place but even if I were, I would not want a voluntary permanent addition to my body in a very visible location made without knowing exactly what it was going to be ahead of time. But I am admittedly a little bit of a control freak (or to use a line I like better, a control enthusiast! lol!)

Old 10-07-2016, 11:21 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,101,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
I wouldn't get a tattoo, period.
My first thought on seeing a person with a tattoo is that we are on different wavelengths, so any social interaction between us has zero chance of developing.
Good luck with that...tattoos are way too mainstream now to pigeonhole people as tattoo people

Old 10-07-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
My first thought on seeing a person with a tattoo is that we are on different wavelengths, so any social interaction between us has zero chance of developing.

No tats for me either, but I've known too many good guys who got them in the service, on a weekend pass and high on booze, to ostracize them on the basis of tats. They didn't have them all over their bodies either, usually on their arms and/or deltoids, although one airborne guy had a pair of lips on his buttocks.

Whatever happened to what's inside a person is what counts?

Old 10-07-2016, 12:27 PM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
No tats for me either, but I've known too many good guys who got them in the service, on a weekend pass and high on booze, to ostracize them on the basis of tats. They didn't have them all over their bodies either, usually on their arms and/or deltoids, although one airborne guy had a pair of lips on his buttocks.

Whatever happened to what's inside a person is what counts?
I have one tattoo. Got it in August. It's about 1.5" long and 0.5" wide and it's just an outline with a tiny touch of color. I was the exact same person walking out of the tattoo parlor as I was walking in. If anyone is going to pass judgement on me for something like that, I don't want them in my life anyway.

[CENTER]SaveSave[/CENTER]

Old 10-07-2016, 12:45 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
You are correct. I refuse to have any social interaction with someone so narrow-minded that he automatically makes all sorts of negative assumptions about a person just because they have a tattoo Now that's shallow. But back to the topic at hand. I would never do this because I want my tattoo to be a reflection of what I want; not what the artist wants. A free tattoo is worth exactly what I paid for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events