Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 04:47 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,318,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
......."we don't have those sticks "...

Why not ?

It's not like they are real expensive and have to be serviced and programmed.
I agree, but it's not up to me. I'm a little peon so there you have it. I have lobbied for them on several occasions, but nothing changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 04:23 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Light sentences are due to prison overcrowding. That is one of the big reasons for the decriminization for marijuana possession. Those opposed to these new laws never seemed to get it that people like this, not pot heads, are the people who should be in jail.

What a total POS this guy is, let's all hope the cashier ends up OK
Light sentences are Also the result of judges who have never worked in customer service.

This thread Is the perfect argument for 15 an hour when retail workers have to worry about being assaulted by customers.

Last edited by toosie; 12-18-2016 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: TOS - deleted profanity

Old 12-17-2016, 04:38 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Guy sounds like a scumbag animal. It would be nice if some dude who is 6' 7" and 350 pounds of pure muscle and can bench press 450 pounds, It would be nice if some guy like that could punch this clown in the face, but do it about 8 times.

These kinds of stories infuriate me to no end.

Last edited by toosie; 12-18-2016 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: TOS - deleted sentence with profanity

Old 12-17-2016, 04:44 PM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Hoping to follow rules on the noncontroversial nature of Current Events, I posted my views on Maybe Arrests of Low-Level Criminals Need to Get a Bit Rough and Tumble.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:48 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
I agree, but it's not up to me. I'm a little peon so there you have it. I have lobbied for them on several occasions, but nothing changes.

We finally got some for our 20 items or less registers and guess what? Nobody uses them! I guess because it's a small counter they don't see the need. I HAVE accidently scanned an item from the next order because of that. The customer always catches it though. I just apologize and say "I was on a roll!". Nobody has ever got upset with me about it, thankfully.

Also, reading about that poor guy getting punched makes me thankful that the worst thing that's happened to me is an irate customer throwing a glass of ice water on me! Also glad it wasn't vodka or something!

Old 12-19-2016, 07:00 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Yes, most peoples initial reaction would be to say, yes, he should be beaten until he couldn't stand. Maybe let the family of the cashier take baseball bats to his legs and torso and leave him a quivering mess. But he's still innocent until proven guilty.
I remember a video where a guy escaped custody from a court house and killed a bailiff. When he was caught and brought in for arraignment on those charges, he looked like Rocky Balboa after his first fight if you took an ugly stick to him. His family screamed at what the police did to him which was priceless. He shouldn't have resisted arrest.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:38 AM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Yes, most peoples initial reaction would be to say, yes, he should be beaten until he couldn't stand. Maybe let the family of the cashier take baseball bats to his legs and torso and leave him a quivering mess. But he's still innocent until proven guilty.
I remember a video where a guy escaped custody from a court house and killed a bailiff. When he was caught and brought in for arraignment on those charges, he looked like Rocky Balboa after his first fight if you took an ugly stick to him. His family screamed at what the police did to him which was priceless. He shouldn't have resisted arrest.
There are exceptions to "innocent until proven guilty." For example contempt is an offense (it can be civil or criminal but civil is actually more heavily punished) but it is an offense that occurs "in the presence of the court." Thus, a contempt citation does not always require proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:38 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Grab some paint stir sticks for this.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:46 AM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you knock them out and they fall and hit their head on cement etc.

I know someone that works at Home depot in a so-so area and am always shocked at how many general scumbags they have to deal with. Thefts, stalkers etc etc.
So true. Some customers are nuts. DH works there PT and he can't believe the stuff that goes on. The company policy is to never confront a thief or aggressive customer, but they have no control over who walks through the door.

Old 12-20-2016, 06:24 PM

13,260 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Companies which employ at low wages could careless about the safety of their employees all about liability the only reason they do anything about it if they get sued by the employee's family. I once worked for a armored transport company as an ATM repair person. I was given the keys and combinations to over 150 atm machines for Bank of America was on call from 6am till midnight because of labor law loop holes banking industry doesn't have to pay any overtime. We were not armed because we didn't transport money only repaired ATM's each ATM can hold up to 200k in cash after an associate got hit over the head with a gun butt sometimes called pistol whipping I started to carry concealed got my permit without the company knowing about it I figured dead was worse then fired. This was back in the 90's didn't have cell phones you were on your own so I kept pepper spray and my .40 cal HK pistol with me at all times. Later in the year one of our armored cars were hit in a parking lot of mall in North West Phoenix Metro area driver killed with a .22 rifle while he smoked he would crack the door on the armored van which was against company policy but the robbers followed him for a few weeks saw he did that. later it was discovered the person which was the ring leader was a prison guard for State of Arizona. This is the man who killed my co-worker >> New questions in '94 armored-car murder in Glendale he got off death row now keeps saying he had nothing to do with it I know he did the driver smoking never came out in news that's how he made the shot. I didn't know the driver that well but did speak to him sometimes when we would run into one another at ATM's. Driver made like $8 an hour that's what risk you take for $8 an hour.

Last edited by kell490; 12-20-2016 at 06:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events