Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2017, 12:45 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,580,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
After all, who knows, the next time the thief may grab a purse from an old lady in a parking lot, knock her down and crack her skull.
Maybe but the court system does not punish for future crimes... so what he may do is irrelevant

Her actions are criminal and fall outside self defense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 01:12 PM

6,807 posts, read 4,504,702 times
It's dreadful and depressing how his actions have been smothered by the public as they cry for her crucifixion.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:21 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,925,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It's dreadful and depressing how his actions have been smothered by the public as they cry for her crucifixion.
Stealing a purse is no where near as criminal or psycho as jumping in a vehicle and mowing someone down. Yeah, he is scum. She is psycho.

Old 07-03-2017, 01:23 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,580,447 times
Quote:
well maybe if she wasn't a criminal herself...

Old 07-03-2017, 01:25 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,096,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
If you read the sentencing guidelines I posted, they can use prior crimes to give her more time.

Thanks to those who posted more back ground on this lady. The best I could come up with was she went into fight or flight, but the interview with her was "I am not going to let him get away with that" and "it isn't fair" is not fight or flight. That is premeditated in my opinion. And seeing the video showed a complete lack of concern for anyone who might have been in the area...and yes, you don't have to hurt someone to be charged with reckless driving or some other crimes.

I hope people intervene to help the baby because this lady is unhinged, not a super hero crime fighter.
Court ordered counseling might do that, a jail sentence certainly won't.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:07 PM

35,839 posts, read 18,164,828 times
Quote:
No one's talking about him because he's not the least bit "controversial". He's a would-be purse snatcher, and he's been charged with breaking and entering. Done and done, no one argues it.

And BTW, I don't hear anyone in public crying for her crucifixion. Most social media folks are praising her like she deserves the purple heart or something, although I have noticed the media has completely dropped any follow ups. *Oops, guys, c'mon, put your cameras and mikes down, this isn't what it looked like . . . *

Old 07-03-2017, 02:18 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,622,981 times
How crazy! I am glad the perp was charged and very glad the woman was charged as well. You don't go using your vehicle as a weapon.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:31 PM

26,706 posts, read 41,851,890 times
Quote:
One is a petty nonviolent offense, the other is a potentially fatal offense.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:35 PM

26,706 posts, read 41,851,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
At most she should be ordered to complete an anger management course chosen and paid for by the courts......and no criminal record which could impede her holding employment in the future.

Her actions were done in the heat of the moment and counseling could help her to learn to think about possible consequences before acting irrationally in the future.

That is the only punishment I would be willing to vote for.
Most murders and crimes where people killed are done in the heat of the moment. I don't see people calling for passes for those folks for the most part. The letter of the law needs to be upheld here. A weekend to a week in the county jail, probation, and anger management conseuling.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:48 PM

10,512 posts, read 7,097,936 times
I wish I could sit on the jury for this one. That woman would never serve a minute of time. Anger management? Sure. But I have zero tolerance for robbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events