Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 11:39 AM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It's all made up. You won't find any links with a lot of the information that is being claimed as fact on this thread. A few posters have been claiming that Joseph went out to Joshua Tree NP for weeks/months before the hike to do military style scouting of the trail. I've asked for a link several times, but no one can provide one. I find it strange/fascinating that people would make up information about a complete strange to fit their own narrative that the world is an evil place.
No one said he went out there to do "military-style scouting" of the trail. Those are your words, no one else's. I don't even know what "military-style scouting" means. There are two articles linked in the thread that state he went out to the part with a friend to look at the trail, but for all your fussing and exaggerating, you haven't read the thread and read the links. One article even says authorities wanted to talk to the friend who accompanied him out there, to see if they could get a clue as to where the couple may have gone (while the search was still on), but the friend was out of the country and unreachable.

I find it hard to believe they got lost. It would have been obvious to them in short order, given the direction they were headed in, that they were off the trail, due to the terrain they encountered. They were found 2 miles north of the trail. They would have realized they were off the trail by the first half-mile or so, even if he hadn't scouted that part of the trail in advance.

The trail has been described by hiking clubs as a popular jogging trail. I doubt the joggers using the trail take a gun out with them, in case of a snake or the slim chance of encountering a cougar. No reports of cougars bothering joggers and hikers on the trail.

Yes, the fact that he justified the taking of a gun to a family member by saying he might need to protect her from a stalker is suspicious. Apparently he was planning on shooting a stalker, if one was encountered? Or scaring him away with his gun? Really? He went on a hike half expecting a confrontation?

Also, rescue personnel familiar with the area say that lost hikers typically try to last out the night, when it's cooler, hoping to be found the next day. They don't shoot themselves, or each other, if they're with someone. They struggle to survive as long as they can.

The one caveat there is that we don't know how the heat and dehydration were affecting them, but food wrappers and water bottles were found near where they died, which means they had water up until reaching that point, where they sought rest and shade under a tree. So they were not dehydrated when they arrived at that point, two miles off the trail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 11:58 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,077,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No one said he went out there to do "military-style scouting" of the trail. Those are your words, no one else's. I don't even know what "military-style scouting" means. There are two articles linked in the thread that state he went out to the part with a friend to look at the trail, but for all your fussing and exaggerating, you haven't read the thread and read the links. One article even says authorities wanted to talk to the friend who accompanied him out there, to see if they could get a clue as to where the couple may have gone (while the search was still on), but the friend was out of the country and unreachable.
I've read the entire thread, along with all the links. I did not find any information that said he went out there to scout the trail. If you could provide the link, that would be great. The only information I've found is that he went with a friend two weeks prior, but they did not go hiking.

And, you are the one who keeps bringing up his "reconnaissance visits" to the NP, so no I am not making things up. You've brought it up in several posts.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:59 AM

6,482 posts, read 9,863,279 times
Quote:
Do you have a link? You've been posting a lot of misinformation in this thread. All I've read is that his dead said he went with a friend two weeks prior, but didn't do any hiking. Now he's doing military level scouting???[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Have you read the thread??? People are claiming that he planned this, he's been obsessed with her since they broke up 2 years ago, he was jealous of her new potential boyfriend, that he threatened his other friends not to go, he's been doing military style scouting of the park for months... None of that is true, and they're not able to back up their claims with any proof. It is all information made up by a few posters who are trying to twist the facts of the case to fit their own disturbing narrative.
Only posts I could find saying military scouting were yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
I have never met anyone who watched crime stories all day, every day as you say lol You just make stuff up to fit your story lol
Quote:
No one is claiming that is Proof. Why do you keep making up stuff to fit your narrative?
Quote:
It's all made up. You won't find any links with a lot of the information that is being claimed as fact on this thread. A few posters have been claiming that Joseph went out to Joshua Tree NP for weeks/months before the hike to do military style scouting of the trail. I've asked for a link several times, but no one can provide one. I find it strange/fascinating that people would make up information about a complete strange to fit their own narrative that the world is an evil place.
hahaha I called you out on making up stuff on here to fit your narrative and then you spit that back out later in another post to someone else? bwahahaha

Old 11-03-2017, 12:00 PM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
I've read the entire thread, along with all the links. I did not find any information that said he went out there to scout the trail. If you could provide the link, that would be great. The only information I've found is that he went with a friend two weeks prior, but they did not go hiking.

And, you are the one who keeps bringing up his "reconnaissance visits" to the NP, so no I am not making things up. You've brought it up in several posts.
Did the article/s say they didn't go on the trail? They only went to the parking lot, then left? I wonder if he took his gun with him that time, in case of snakes or cougars, or the off-chance that someone was stalking his friend.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:

I have been looking for that today but have yet to find it yet. I remember reading it. I have found comments on other forums that state that also but I haven't found a link to post an actual news article.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
hahaha I called you out on making up stuff on here to fit your narrative and then you spit that back out later in another post to someone else? bwahahaha
Wht have I made up?

Because I called the "reconnaissance visit" that another poster kept referencing "military style" scouting? That's what reconnaissance is, it's a military operation. I'm not making things up, im pointing out how goofy some posters are being with their claims.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Wht have I made up?

Because I called the "reconnaissance visit" that another poster kept referencing "military style" scouting? That's what reconnaissance is, it's a military operation. I'm not making things up, im pointing out how goofy some posters are being with their claims.
So if a 20something kid says he is going to go on a "reconnaissance visit" to a park, you take that as a military operation? That explains it.

I take it as he went out to check out the area beforehand. not a military operation, nor I think ,does anyone here other than you, think it was a military style anything lol

Old 11-03-2017, 04:58 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,163,497 times
Quote:
They broke up two years ago. This wasn't a recent breakup. They were friends prior to dating and they remained friends after dating. She invited him after another friend suggested it to her. Why would her friend suggest she take a crazed ex out into the desert alone? They wouldn't. He wasn't a bad person, but for some reason you seem to be projecting your feelings that every ex boyfriend is a horrible person.

Because they got lost!
Why would her friend suggest taking a "crazed ex" with her? Because he didn't act like a crazed ex. Someone can in themselves feel a certain way without frothing at the mouth and running amuck. I didn't read it was two years ago, I read it was ten months prior, either way even two years ago isn't all that long ago in the scheme of things. Fact remains women who are murdered are usually at the hands of a partner / ex partner and the highest risk time is after leaving the relationship. Maybe he had held out some hope she would return, and in the meantime remained friends. Willing to accept being just friend status is not the same as being okay and happy with being friend status. When the guy she liked couldn't go, (her first choice) she asked Joseph- like a consolation prize. It's unknown if she told him that before or during their trip, but if she did mention it or someone else did, that would feel pretty damm rejecting to most people. Even if a girlfriend of mine said "hey, I had wanted Joanne to come with me on my birthday but since she couldn't go, do you want to?" Feels pretty s***** even for a platonic friend. But to an ex who had hoped to reconcile, well..

Old 11-03-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
Why would her friend suggest taking a "crazed ex" with her? Because he didn't act like a crazed ex. Someone can in themselves feel a certain way without frothing at the mouth and running amuck. I didn't read it was two years ago, I read it was ten months prior, either way even two years ago isn't all that long ago in the scheme of things. Fact remains women who are murdered are usually at the hands of a partner / ex partner and the highest risk time is after leaving the relationship. Maybe he had held out some hope she would return, and in the meantime remained friends. Willing to accept being just friend status is not the same as being okay and happy with being friend status. When the guy she liked couldn't go, (her first choice) she asked Joseph- like a consolation prize. It's unknown if she told him that before or during their trip, but if she did mention it or someone else did, that would feel pretty damm rejecting to most people. Even if a girlfriend of mine said "hey, I had wanted Joanne to come with me on my birthday but since she couldn't go, do you want to?" Feels pretty s***** even for a platonic friend. But to an ex who had hoped to reconcile, well..
Again, there is nothing to suggest any of this is true. You are projecting your own feelings onto a complete stranger.

If someone wanted to go hiking, and had asked someone else before me, I wouldn't care. Why would that be something to feel bad about yourself over? If there is something I want to do, I usually ask my SO first. If he says no, I ask someone else. I'm not going to not do something just because the first person I asked wasn't interested or was busy. That would be silly.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:12 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,163,497 times
Quote:
Again, there is nothing to suggest any of this is true. You are projecting your own feelings onto a complete stranger.

If someone wanted to go hiking, and had asked someone else before me, I wouldn't care. Why would that be something to feel bad about yourself over? If there is something I want to do, I usually ask my SO first. If he says no, I ask someone else. I'm not going to not do something just because the first person I asked wasn't interested or was busy. That would be silly.
You feel I am projecting-- I feel like your woefully oblivious of some factual parts of what factored into this situation.
Stats on female homicides are not projecting. They're stats. I'm sorry it seems like you really don't get it- maybe you wouldn't feel it insulting or rejecting, taken in context this was her ex, who had not wanted the breakup, whom she asked as a "second choice" after the guy she wanted to go with couldn't. Even if some people wouldn't care in the least about that doesn't negate the fact that many people would feel very slighted/ rejected by such an invitation along the lines of "I really wanted Tom to go, but oh well he couldn't do do you want to? Since he can't?" Not rejecting in the least is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events