Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 11:36 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,055,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
ok, well that was one report from early on. another report i saw, and i can't find the link and honestly don't feel like spending all night trying to find it, that said investigators found (while searching for information for the missing couple) another airbnb that orbeso had stayed at two weeks prior, but that nguyen had not been with them at that time.
So? Is there a maximum amount of times someone is allowed to stay at an airbnb in a given month?

Edited to add:

Here's the link:
http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/art...f15a36f14.html

It seems like, and yes I am just speculating, that investigators were looking into airbnb since a man reported to see them after they went missing. They investigated and found that he had stayed at another one prior to going missing, not after. We now know that they were not actually spotted elsewhere after being reported missing, so the airbnb tip doesn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 12:18 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,237,059 times
i don't even care anymore sunday. i have pointed out some of your exaggerating, and i am not the only one to point them out to you. but really, i'm done.

carry on...

Old 11-04-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
i don't even care anymore sunday. i have pointed out some of your exaggerating, and i am not the only one to point them out to you. but really, i'm done.

carry on...
I was just curious as to what you think I am exaggerating, since you have brought it up several times. But it seems you can't say what I'm exaggerating, so you just wanted yo be argumentative.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:25 AM

6,466 posts, read 9,842,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I was just curious as to what you think I am exaggerating, since you have brought it up several times. But it seems you can't say what I'm exaggerating, so you just wanted yo be argumentative.
Its already been pointed out to you that YOU exaggerated the previous visit as a military style reconnaissance.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:30 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Search for hikers - Hi-Desert Star: News
Quote:
Orbeso and another friend had visited the Joshua Tree area a couple of weeks ago, and Messaros had been trying to contact that friend to learn if Orbeso had mentioned any trails he planned to hike with Nguyen. Messaros said he was finally able to talk to the friend, who is now in Japan, but it turned out the two men had just driven on Twentynine Palms Highway, looking at restaurants and shops.
Dan Messaros is the park ranger who was the co-incident commander for the search.
Quote:
ok, well that was one report from early on. another report i saw, and i can't find the link and honestly don't feel like spending all night trying to find it, that said investigators found (while searching for information for the missing couple) another airbnb that orbeso had stayed at two weeks prior, but that nguyen had not been with them at that time.
Quote:
"Early in the investigation, investigators found a second Airbnb where Orbeso stayed with a friend two weeks before the couple went missing, but there is no indication that Nguyen stayed there, Miller said."

i can't get the link to go in there correctly for some reason. i tried over a dozen times. but this above quote is from the "Hi-Desert Star" from September 20, under title of report "Joshua tree man says he spotted missing hikers".

(the story also states that has been no credible reports of sightings.) (up until that point of course. that was Sept 20. i don't know what has been found since.)
Okie doke.. Maybe Orbeso and his friend stayed overnight at an Airbnb while on their recon check of Twentynine Palms eateries and shops, two weeks before Orbeso's trip to JTNP with Nguyen.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Its already been pointed out to you that YOU exaggerated the previous visit as a military style reconnaissance.
Another poster claimed it was a reconnaissance visit, not me. And as we have now seen, that was false. He didn't visit the park two weeks prior to scout the trails.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:46 AM

2,525 posts, read 2,083,063 times
Sundaydrive00
I'm sorry you have to keep defending yourself...

Old 11-04-2017, 11:05 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,025,951 times
Even assuming it was a murder suicide to end their suffering, he still could have killed her whether or not she agreed to the pact. Especially if she was injured and unable to fight him. Even her own family seems to assume she went along with the pact and they mutually agreed to end their suffering (her uncle has said “they” wanted to end their suffering). It’s probably easier to think this way, without evidence supporting either way I’d probably want to think that also if I were them. But maybe it wasn’t a mutual decision. Maybe he made the decision for them. Maybe he asked her and she said no and he did it anyway, or maybe he never asked her at all. Clearly, they weren’t going to be found in time, because it took 11 weeks to find their bodies. If she was injured and unable to really move or care for herself, and considering they had no water left, it was probably unlikely they would’ve been able to keep walking and trying to get help. Maybe he just made the decision himself, and she was clinging to hope. In the end, the result would have been the same but I’d at least hope someone wouldn’t kill me in that scenario without me agreeing to it.

Old 11-04-2017, 12:42 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,564,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
You feel I am projecting-- I feel like your woefully oblivious of some factual parts of what factored into this situation.
Stats on female homicides are not projecting. They're stats. I'm sorry it seems like you really don't get it- maybe you wouldn't feel it insulting or rejecting, taken in context this was her ex, who had not wanted the breakup, whom she asked as a "second choice" after the guy she wanted to go with couldn't. Even if some people wouldn't care in the least about that doesn't negate the fact that many people would feel very slighted/ rejected by such an invitation along the lines of "I really wanted Tom to go, but oh well he couldn't do do you want to? Since he can't?" Not rejecting in the least is it?

You are so correct. Talk about rejection, Jodi Arias got rejected from her lover, look what happened to him, decapitation. It's the "If I can't have him/her, nobody will..."

Old 11-04-2017, 01:48 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,237,059 times
http://http://www.dictionary.com/browse/reconnaissance

noun
the act of reconnoitering.
Military. a search made for useful military information in the field, especially by examining the ground.
Surveying, Civil Engineering. a general examination or survey of a region, usually followed by a detailed survey.
Geology. an examination or survey of the general geological characteristics of a region.

reconaissance does not only mean "military style". so even if someone did use that word here, that doesn't mean that they meant he went out there "for weeks/months prior to do military style scouting of the trail".

also, i think i read somewhere but i can't find it, but wasn't it one of their uncles who initially used that word in one of the reports? but anyway, one person used that word here and it got turned into "several posters are claiming he went out there for weeks/months prior to do military style scouting of the trails." being out there two weeks prior does raise questions. otherwise the police investigators wouldn't have tried to ask the friend about their prior visit.

...can't believe i am back in here...

also, i find it weird (just weird. not saying it makes him a murderer.) that joseph went on a 2 1/2 hour drive there and possibly a longer drive back home (i went to joshua tree earlier this year, it took us 4 hours to get home because of traffic. traffic is frequently crazy coming back to orange county from that direction. ask anyone who lives around here. i live right near westminster, if we left at the same time to go to joshua tree and/or go back home, we'd get there at the same time.) just to drive around 29 palms on highway 62 checking out restaurants and shops. there is not much out there. really, there is not much out there at all. checking yelp or just doing internet searches for restaurants and shops would make more sense. i'm not saying that makes him a murderer scoping out the area before committing the crime, but it does seem strange. but people do strange things. it is possible, of course, that these two guys went all the way out there just looking at restaurants and shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events