Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 02:06 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,493,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I'm surprised they haven't had Leah killed. Disappeared. Gone. Poof!
She's taken a public stand and people know who she is. If she disappears it won't go unnoticed. Those creeps aren't stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 04:28 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
We don't watch a lot of TV, so we didn't know about this show. Thanks for alerting us to it. After reading Seductive Poison, written by a survivor of The People's Temple Jim Jones I have a chilling interest in cults and those who escape them. (Excellent book. Author is Deborah Layton.)

Old 08-20-2017, 04:31 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,041,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
She's taken a public stand and people know who she is. If she disappears it won't go unnoticed. Those creeps aren't stupid.
And, JMO, they are afraid of her husband. I don't think he would play by the rules if they did something to Leah.....again.....JMO.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:33 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,522,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Any organization that tells me that I have to cut off contact from my love ones has got to go.
secondly this guy was original a sci fi writer, and I've read some of their instructions, weird to say the least.
The story I've always heard is along the lines of "Three science fiction writers walk into a bar . . . "
I do not know if that is a true story, but in the early days the original book by LRH was advertised in sci fi magazines.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:35 AM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
She sure has been milking this for all it's worth.

It's been what, 4 years and she's still making shows and all?

I'm no fan of Scientology, but we get it Leah.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:25 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,281,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Her show is just starting season 2.

Old 08-20-2017, 11:32 AM

2,846 posts, read 4,518,215 times
there's a similar discussion happening over in the tv forum:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tv/26...bout-leah.html

Old 08-20-2017, 12:01 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,379,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
How can they call themselves a church.
Never heard a word about Christ.
Christianity is not a requirement for churches. Buddhism, Judaism, etc fall under that header.

Many are just glorified cults, so I suppose Scientology is as much church as the others.

Old 08-20-2017, 12:18 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,416,367 times
Not sure how ol" L Ron finagled his way into being non taxable. Its not a church, its a business. After seeing what Leah as mentioned, Im thinking its true, The tens of thousand of dollars that they make you pay for their courses. Screw up and you have to start all over. Its a business / cult, brainwashing you into seeing life in their way. The breaking up of families, thats just nuts.

Old 08-20-2017, 12:22 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

I think she should take a pair of tweezers and a blow-torch to all of Scientology. Go gurl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Her show is just starting season 2.
Yeah, some folks may be referring to her book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Agreed.

Communism, Liberalism, same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I'm surprised they haven't had Leah killed. Disappeared. Gone. Poof!
They were probably too arrogant and ego-centric and thought they were too powerful to worry about Leah. You see what they do to punish and try to thwart those they consider "fair game".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
$cientology is one the most frightening cults out there - good on Ms. Remini to take them on. It does look, thankfully, as if they're on the decline.
They are definitely on the ropes and fighting back with all they got due to her program right here, an avenue which cuts through all the garbage info and misinfo out there. Reminds me of President Trump's tweets.

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-20-2017 at 12:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events