Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 12:43 AM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I worked for a female Chiropractor in Phoenix, one time, and she was married to an artist, who went to national/regional art shows, and he only accepted cash for his paintings.

10 years of marriage, along comes the divorce. She had a high income, and his income was "Zero"! It appeared that she was supporting him all these years, and, stupidly, she hired a female attorney, and his wealthy parents hired a male attorney, and he got the house, never had to pay a dime in alimony.

What would you call this? Yup, Karma!

And you'll see more and more of these cases over the years, with stay-at-home Dads!
Why would he have had to pay alimony? If he didn't have a steady income, then he may have been able to get alimony. Did she not mention that? I don't know why you're surprised about this, or rooting for "karma". (Not sure what karma has to do with it...?) This is simply the way divorces work; the person with the bulk of the assets, if it's an uneven situation and a contentious divorce (many of them aren't), ends up paying out. Sometimes it's the guy, sometimes it's the woman.

So, you're a male massage therapist who has a lot of male clients? Oh, right....I forgot. You offer them a certain "extra". Never mind.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:15 AM

23,283 posts, read 29,145,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
It's not a men's center...it's a male center. If you need to go to something like that, there is nothing manly about you.
Yin and Yang, Eastern Philosophy, we're all 50% male, 50% woman. And don't you think women are today are over doing it? It took a woman to swim the English Channel, a woman to do a solo navigation of the North Pole, and let's not forget the woman who swam from Cuba to Florida.

At work, the 5 gallon water pitcher sometimes needs replacing, and being a long-term member of the Male Liberation Movement, how do you think I respond to a woman asking me to replace it, given I've seen other women replace it better than I can?

One of the nurses asked me to replace it, saying: That's a man's job, claiming she was an old-fashioned kind of woman!

Really????? I learned something! I always thought that an old-fashioned woman stayed home, the man brought home of the bacon, and there was a yummy meal awaiting him after a hard day's work, and a freshly baked cake!

And if she's so old fashioned, then why is she working 12 hours shifts as a nurse, supporting a deadbeat boyfriend?

These Men's Centers should have been opened up 50 years ago, all over the world!

Old 09-12-2017, 01:29 AM

102,261 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Yin and Yang, Eastern Philosophy, we're all 50% male, 50% woman. And don't you think women are today are over doing it? It took a woman to swim the English Channel, a woman to do a solo navigation of the North Pole, and let's not forget the woman who swam from Cuba to Florida.

At work, the 5 gallon water pitcher sometimes needs replacing, and being a long-term member of the Male Liberation Movement, how do you think I respond to a woman asking me to replace it, given I've seen other women replace it better than I can?

One of the nurses asked me to replace it, saying: That's a man's job, claiming she was an old-fashioned kind of woman!

Really????? I learned something! I always thought that an old-fashioned woman stayed home, the man brought home of the bacon, and there was a yummy meal awaiting him after a hard day's work, and a freshly baked cake!

And if she's so old fashioned, then why is she working 12 hours shifts as a nurse, supporting a deadbeat boyfriend?

These Men's Centers should have been opened up 50 years ago, all over the world!
How much do those big water bottles weigh? I never thought about trying to handle one; never worked anywhere, that had one in the office. But I imagine the challenge isn't the weight, exactly; it would be the awkwardness of turning it upside down and fitting it into its place. I'm pretty strong, but I don't think I could handle that.

Old 09-12-2017, 04:21 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,370,394 times
Good to see male victims being acknowledged.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 21 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,611,787 times
Quote:
It's not a men's center...it's a male center. If you need to go to something like that, there is nothing manly about you.
With all due respect, I lost faith in traditional define...uh, sorry...notions of manliness.

I don't really want to hijack a thread with this topic, but this I cannot let pass without a meaningful response.

The whole notion of manliness is incoherent. People describe as "manly" any male with high social dominance (in fact, this seems to be the closest thing to a coherent definition of "manly"), yet 10 minutes later it's at least fairly likely they'll talk about this same male as either cheating on his wife or girlfriend or (worse) say he's a deadbeat dad or an abusive lover. In less extreme examples, they may talk about him stealing co-workers work or embezzling from his employer, or being an office tyrant if a supervisor. Add dealing dishonestly with customers or clients, too. How is that manly?

So if you still consider unprincipled Alpha's "manly", then you don't consider honesty and integrity a manly trait. If you still consider this kind of socially dominant male "manly", then why not also count the most violent, extreme state pen inmates as "manly" as well?

The reverse is true for a shy, introverted, physically unfit male who spends 10 to 20 hours a week doing hands-on volunteer work for a charity or community service, or working for Habitat For Humanity in 100 degree weather (37.7 Celsius, for those on metric) every summer Saturday, plus maybe Sunday too. Surely you'd say this low dominance guy is more "manly" than a violent, extreme criminal. If you do, then that implies social dominance is not actually the most important trait for a male to have.

If there is a sharply demarcated, vagueness-free, internally consistent definition of "manly" "real man", etc. I have yet to hear it. So you'll excuse me if I dismiss all uses of these terms as coming from people in desperate need of training in critical thinking skills - not to mention a cheap verbal shaming weapon (read: propaganda tool) meant to cow people into silence.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:53 PM

1,378 posts, read 740,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Kudos, let it ride.

Sad fact is considering the state of the family I'll opt for that solution proposed by a Twilight Zone story. The kids get to lock their idiot parents up in a jail cell and get a new pair who have learned to get along and do thier duty as parents.
Oh man, i remember that episode! they had them locked up like it was a zoo.

I am so glad for this! Too many guys get hit on, beat on, and we have no one to help us!

Old 09-12-2017, 01:00 PM

1,378 posts, read 740,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Hooray for Canada! We all benefit from more mental health services available to men.

Women had to fight for these services for years, with no support from the government. Let the men fight for support for their services as well.

As long as this is not a place to gather mgtow-like and attack feminism, like their first event which was to include showing of a documentary called The Red Pill. Everyone will support it.

If it truly is where men can go for help and mental health, it's a great idea.

The problem is it seems like we can't talk about this without everybody getting riled up and talking about how awful women are. Can't men just need help without having to blame women?
Ever seen women talk about this? It's men's fault this, it's men's fault that..not pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
What exactly are we men misinformed about? I don't care if you have a abortion because I believe what you do to your body is your choice (just don't ask me to pay for it which btw some women seem to have no problem asking (Obamacare) ) and if some guy hits you I'll vote to throw his butt in jail or keep you out if you kill the sob.

So what exactly am I misinformed about?

Watching my uncles wife take the kids one morning and drive to Nor Cal while he was at work, not calling and just files for divorce, and then proceed to squeeze every penny out of him through the court system for 14 years. Basically taking him to court once a year. He btw had to pay alimony and her medical for all that time. Not to mention her lawyer fees. He couldn't afford a lawyer. He had to live with friends as he couldn't afford a apartment. For 14 years.

Had a friend who is now paying child support in arrears for a kid he had no idea he had for 12 years because the druggie wife filed for welfare.

Had another friend get a ass screwing by a witch of a wife. This woman had more penises in her than the men's bathroom in NY grand central station. Yet she got alimony child support full custody the house 1/2 their assets and 100% of their business , and he got to rent a room from a friend. Nice trade
I hope they are ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Nice to hear this. The divorce laws always favor women, and it makes me sick. Guys always get screwed financially in these cases.

What about if they don't marry? Does that offer some protection at least?

Old 09-12-2017, 01:47 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,616,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
With all due respect, I lost faith in traditional define...uh, sorry...notions of manliness.

I don't really want to hijack a thread with this topic, but this I cannot let pass without a meaningful response.

The whole notion of manliness is incoherent. People describe as "manly" any male with high social dominance (in fact, this seems to be the closest thing to a coherent definition of "manly"), yet 10 minutes later it's at least fairly likely they'll talk about this same male as either cheating on his wife or girlfriend or (worse) say he's a deadbeat dad or an abusive lover. In less extreme examples, they may talk about him stealing co-workers work or embezzling from his employer, or being an office tyrant if a supervisor. Add dealing dishonestly with customers or clients, too. How is that manly?

So if you still consider unprincipled Alpha's "manly", then you don't consider honesty and integrity a manly trait. If you still consider this kind of socially dominant male "manly", then why not also count the most violent, extreme state pen inmates as "manly" as well?

The reverse is true for a shy, introverted, physically unfit male who spends 10 to 20 hours a week doing hands-on volunteer work for a charity or community service, or working for Habitat For Humanity in 100 degree weather (37.7 Celsius, for those on metric) every summer Saturday, plus maybe Sunday too. Surely you'd say this low dominance guy is more "manly" than a violent, extreme criminal. If you do, then that implies social dominance is not actually the most important trait for a male to have.

If there is a sharply demarcated, vagueness-free, internally consistent definition of "manly" "real man", etc. I have yet to hear it. So you'll excuse me if I dismiss all uses of these terms as coming from people in desperate need of training in critical thinking skills - not to mention a cheap verbal shaming weapon (read: propaganda tool) meant to cow people into silence.
Is this your way of saying you're a beta male?

Old 09-12-2017, 01:54 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,416,071 times
Quote:
Is this your way of saying you're a beta male?
Ah, so you're one of those with the alpha/beta male nonsense, makes sense..

Old 09-12-2017, 01:58 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,616,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Ah, so you're one of those with the alpha/beta male nonsense, makes sense..
And being from NYC I can well imagine you being the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events