Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 03:04 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Family court is one area men really need more rights now. Not in every case but so often now they get raked over the coals. And not just $$$ but also their rights as fathers are put in the back seat.

And emotional help beyond the grief of a divorce...women beat men too. Women abuse their partners. Men have emotional wounds from that. Leaving an abusive wife is emotionally painful. That is just one aspect of an area that needs to be addressed in men's mental health. I hope more help is available as time goes on.
Well, the facility under discussion is in Canada, and Canada has legal guidelines in place so that men don't get "raked over the coals" in court. If any alimony is to be awarded, it's only temporary, while the wife gets job training, for example, to become self-sufficient. Divorce cases are dealt with differently than in the US. Or maybe it goes by province, but I've heard from women in several provinces, and their experiences are roughly similar. Divorce isn't the big high-stakes thing that it sometimes is in the US.

Men's rights as fathers didn't used to exist at all. A lot of progress has been made since the days when women automatically got custody of the kid/s, even if they were mentally ill or neglectful, or worse. There are fathers with full custody now, which is great. Hopefully, improvements to the system will continue.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:25 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Hooray for Canada! We all benefit from more mental health services available to men.

Women had to fight for these services for years, with no support from the government. Let the men fight for support for their services as well.

As long as this is not a place to gather mgtow-like and attack feminism, like their first event which was to include showing of a documentary called The Red Pill. Everyone will support it.

If it truly is where men can go for help and mental health, it's a great idea.

The problem is it seems like we can't talk about this without everybody getting riled up and talking about how awful women are. Can't men just need help without having to blame women?

Old 09-10-2017, 03:38 PM

135 posts, read 94,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Hooray for Canada! We all benefit from more mental health services available to men.

Women had to fight for these services for years, with no support from the government. Let the men fight for support for their services as well.

As long as this is not a place to gather mgtow-like and attack feminism, like their first event which was to include showing of a documentary called The Red Pill. Everyone will support it.

If it truly is where men can go for help and mental health, it's a great idea.

The problem is it seems like we can't talk about this without everybody getting riled up and talking about how awful women are. Can't men just need help without having to blame women?
Can't men just go their own way without being so noisy about it? Just go. Its that simple.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:21 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Men's rights as fathers didn't used to exist at all. A lot of progress has been made since the days when women automatically got custody of the kid/s, even if they were mentally ill or neglectful, or worse. There are fathers with full custody now, which is great. Hopefully, improvements to the system will continue.
That's not exactly true, and it depends on when we're talking about--men used to get sole custody of the children in a divorce because they were considered marital property. Many women didn't want to leave bad marriages because they'd lose all rights to their children.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:22 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,884,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, the facility under discussion is in Canada, and Canada has legal guidelines in place so that men don't get "raked over the coals" in court. If any alimony is to be awarded, it's only temporary, while the wife gets job training, for example, to become self-sufficient. Divorce cases are dealt with differently than in the US. Or maybe it goes by province, but I've heard from women in several provinces, and their experiences are roughly similar. Divorce isn't the big high-stakes thing that it sometimes is in the US.

Yeah I didn't think about the country differences. I am glad for Canada. My comments really are less about money and more about losing their children, having the abuse towards them ignored or minimized, etc. Here in the US there is a lot of problems with paternity.

A man can raise a child as his own for years and the wife can then do a DNA sample and take the child away from that man when they divorce forever (in 30+ states). On the other hand, if the couple isn't married, and the man find out the baby isn't his but he had been supporting it (even for a very short time), he is on the hook for child support for 18 years. In these states a woman can have an affair, have the baby in wedlock, have the husband support them, file for divorce, get a DNA test, take the child from its only known father, then sue (and win) back child support from the bio dad for the time she was married. And not own the ex husband a penny. Its that messed up.

That's just part of our messed up system.

I knew a man who was constantly physically abused by his wife. He wouldn't hit back, he would just try to get away and hide. The police never took him seriously when he called for them. Finally when he filed for divorce he went to get the records. They didn't even write notes. He would be bleeding from things she threw at him...they would write "domestic dispute" and that is all.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:33 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
I didn't know you had such a caring heart.
But what about renters? Who don't pay because of divorce or separation?

What about them? It's a business agreement. If you're getting divorced the bank or credit card still wants the car or house payment. I want my rent payment. Your divorce from your spouse doesn't mean i don't have sympathy for the situation. But I'm not going to let you live there for free as much as I sympathize with your situation. I may work with you on rent payment but it's not going to be a hey stay here for free we will figure it out later. Unfortunately a tenants personal life can and eventually will affect the landlords life or finances.
I don't really see what my renters have to do with my opinion for a men's help center.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:41 PM

322 posts, read 286,342 times
So many men in this thread misinformed about women. Sad!

This is a good idea though. Men can go fight for it like women fight for everything we have and still are fighting for - like abortion rights and protection from violence.

Old 09-10-2017, 05:20 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingx View Post

This is a good idea though. Men can go fight for it like women fight for everything we have and still are fighting for - like abortion rights and protection from violence.
Not necessarily. There are all kinds of women, just as there all kinds of men. There are white hats, black hats, and a thousand shades of gray.

I don't understand why it's a controversial charity.

Old 09-10-2017, 05:22 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times
Great idea!

Old 09-10-2017, 05:40 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingx View Post

What exactly are we men misinformed about? I don't care if you have a abortion because I believe what you do to your body is your choice (just don't ask me to pay for it which btw some women seem to have no problem asking (Obamacare) ) and if some guy hits you I'll vote to throw his butt in jail or keep you out if you kill the sob.

So what exactly am I misinformed about?

Watching my uncles wife take the kids one morning and drive to Nor Cal while he was at work, not calling and just files for divorce, and then proceed to squeeze every penny out of him through the court system for 14 years. Basically taking him to court once a year. He btw had to pay alimony and her medical for all that time. Not to mention her lawyer fees. He couldn't afford a lawyer. He had to live with friends as he couldn't afford a apartment. For 14 years.

Had a friend who is now paying child support in arrears for a kid he had no idea he had for 12 years because the druggie wife filed for welfare.

Had another friend get a ass screwing by a witch of a wife. This woman had more penises in her than the men's bathroom in NY grand central station. Yet she got alimony child support full custody the house 1/2 their assets and 100% of their business , and he got to rent a room from a friend. Nice trade

Last edited by Electrician4you; 09-10-2017 at 05:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events