Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 06:26 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,533,314 times

Advertisements

Controversial charity to open men's centre in Ottawa - Ottawa - CBC News

Old 09-10-2017, 06:37 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,626,910 times
What's so controversial? That men are human beings with feelings? Not just ATM/punching bags with no rights in a divorce case? ? I know plenty of guys who got divorced (wife initiated) and they have the same emotional issues just like women do in divorces initiated by husbands. Same separation anxiety, depression, confusion, feelings of extreme loss, inability to function at work. Not only that but most men get raked over the coals by lawyers and court systems. Divorce is just as traumatic for some men as it is for women. I don't know about physical abuse but it's probably similar to if a woman was physically abused. The whole mentality of men need to be men and be tough and aren't allowed to ask for help is antiquated. I think it's great that such center exists.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:40 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,472,723 times
Kudos, let it ride.

Sad fact is considering the state of the family I'll opt for that solution proposed by a Twilight Zone story. The kids get to lock their idiot parents up in a jail cell and get a new pair who have learned to get along and do thier duty as parents.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:36 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,309,910 times
I think it's needed.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:41 AM

29,765 posts, read 34,474,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
What's so controversial? That men are human beings with feelings? Not just ATM/punching bags with no rights in a divorce case? ? I know plenty of guys who got divorced (wife initiated) and they have the same emotional issues just like women do in divorces initiated by husbands. Same separation anxiety, depression, confusion, feelings of extreme loss, inability to function at work. Not only that but most men get raked over the coals by lawyers and court systems. Divorce is just as traumatic for some men as it is for women. I don't know about physical abuse but it's probably similar to if a woman was physically abused. The whole mentality of men need to be men and be tough and aren't allowed to ask for help is antiquated. I think it's great that such center exists.
Definitely. May it be the first of many.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:56 AM

13,088 posts, read 7,565,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I didn't know you had such a caring heart.
But what about renters? Who don't pay because of divorce or separation?

Old 09-10-2017, 10:07 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,908,546 times
Family court is one area men really need more rights now. Not in every case but so often now they get raked over the coals. And not just $$$ but also their rights as fathers are put in the back seat.

And emotional help beyond the grief of a divorce...women beat men too. Women abuse their partners. Men have emotional wounds from that. Leaving an abusive wife is emotionally painful. That is just one aspect of an area that needs to be addressed in men's mental health. I hope more help is available as time goes on.

Old 09-10-2017, 02:15 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,761,583 times
And the government want to know why marriages are down? It's too risky to commit. If I was a single guy right now, I would ride it out until laws are changed. Plenty of women around that also don't want marriage.

Old 09-10-2017, 02:26 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,517,123 times
Absolutely needed. I know just a couple physically abusive women. Of course the men can't call the police because it usually gets turned around to be their fault.

More prevalent are mentally/emotionally/verbally abusive women. Boy, I've known quite a few of them and feel so sorry for the poor guy who got roped into a relationship with them. I've seen guys stand there and take insults and taunts and false accusations that would have induced me to beat the women to a pulp.

Old 09-10-2017, 02:58 PM

579 posts, read 369,676 times
Women can be vicious and sadly they have the law backing them. I'm glad to hear of this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events