Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 02:12 PM

36,727 posts, read 31,008,318 times

Advertisements

Thats great, I hope it catches on in the US.
Divorce is awful for everyone (except the lawyers). Men need help as much as women.

Old 09-12-2017, 02:41 PM

5,466 posts, read 5,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
And the government want to know why marriages are down? It's too risky to commit. If I was a single guy right now, I would ride it out until laws are changed. Plenty of women around that also don't want marriage.
Even including same-sex marriages, marriage rate is at a historic low and have been declining precipitously recently. Statistically, there will be a LOT of unhappy women in the future who "couldn't find a man". We don't see it yet, but give it another 20 years or so when all these single women age. I think ultra-feminists and those men's rights idiots are in the same boat. If you are one of those men's rights misogynist a-holes, of course all women are "evil" and no woman would want to be with you. Conversely, if you are an extreme feminist and you lobby for certain laws that favor women over men (e.g. marriage/divorce) don't be surprised to end up all alone at 65 years old with 20 cats.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:08 PM

102,266 posts, read 108,293,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Even including same-sex marriages, marriage rate is at a historic low and have been declining precipitously recently. Statistically, there will be a LOT of unhappy women in the future who "couldn't find a man". We don't see it yet, but give it another 20 years or so when all these single women age. I think ultra-feminists and those men's rights idiots are in the same boat. If you are one of those men's rights misogynist a-holes, of course all women are "evil" and no woman would want to be with you. Conversely, if you are an extreme feminist and you lobby for certain laws that favor women over men (e.g. marriage/divorce) don't be surprised to end up all alone at 65 years old with 20 cats.
Those extreme feminists are few, as a percentage of all women. They're mostly mythological creatures that inhabit the men's rights blogs, though a few do exist IRL.

Women don't need to lobby for divorce laws that favor them. The system evolved to favor them, around the middle of the last century, sometime. The trend is away from that, to more equitable policies and practices. Turning the clock back to when women were automatically awarded full custody of the kids, and full support, is not an option. Divorce should be handled fairly, on a case-by-case basis, but with general guidelines in place, so that if a man has been the Stay-at-home parent, they'll get their due, and if a women had that role, she'd get something, but not all-out Pie In The Sky. The ex-SAHD and the ex-SAHM might get support for a certain number of years, on the stipulation that they use the time to acquire job skills, and get a job, ending the need for support. That's how it's handled in Canada, I'm told.

And let's bear in mind that most women work these days, some making good money, so this type of issue doesn't come up as much as it used to, anyway.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:27 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,653,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_like_turtles View Post
I hope to see a mens group for every equal womens group and a white group for every black group. Things are slowlt segregating and if this is the way its going to be it needs to be seperate but equal! If not that then lets end all the stupid identity grouping.
This response sounds like (you may not be) an uneducated, shallow jackass.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 22 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,611,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Is this your way of saying you're a beta male?
Any shame in it? If you think so, that's just a Vic Mackey-bald assertion; not anything factual and certainly nothing to have low self-esteem over.

Then again, I'm not surprised that you're just belching an ad hominem, given you don't even think to question whether your views are for real or just repeating b.s. you uncritically swallowed from the "cool" crowd from your teenage days.

Old 09-12-2017, 03:51 PM

32,990 posts, read 36,513,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Then people wonder why more and more intelligent people are avoiding the most cruel institution ever created: marriage!

What's the marriage rate fallen to now? Below 50%?

I've heard so many horrid divorce stories on my massage table, over the 30 years, and the most recent one: Wife adopts 2 young children, just before the divorce, and yet another child of their own to support. And? No visitation rights to the children, and she got the house. He'll be burdened with these costs for the next 15 years!

Much of this could have been averted if more men had joined the Men's Liberation Movement back in the 1970's (highlighted by a popular book back then: The Hazards of Being A Male), and I hear the Millennial men have recently revived this cause.

I'm rabid about having women have all the rights they wish! Just don't give me that hopeless look, if you're along a street somewhere, seeking help to change your flat tire on your car! If some women are gung-ho now about joining the military, even doing combat, and you can't change a flat tire?????
It's the lug nuts. Could never get the damn things off. Not even standing on the tire iron. Not even bouncing up and down a bit.

Old 09-12-2017, 04:29 PM

322 posts, read 287,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
^^ Check your privilege
And what privilege would that be?

Old 09-12-2017, 05:56 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,480,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
11 years is a lot longer than many marriages...and guess you don't think much of your other daughter if you don't care that the father ran out on her. Maybe they could tell how little you cared when you were raising them? Maybe YOU should look in the mirror.
I could have said that differently. What goes on between men and woman certainly are not solely the problem of women. It's a PEOPLE problem and this messed up society we live in. Our priorities are those of animals, not humans.

What I think of my "other" daughter is no problem for me to air. I love her just as much as her sister. She is no less a performer in life as her sister is. Her road seems to be harder though and not solely by her own choice. She was always the more adventurous of the 2. When it came to long hikes through the wilderness, long drives to new places she was always the one to go and she would never paint anything one color and was a thrill seeker. Her sister is more logical, analytical and cautious.

I've been accused of not caring about my daughters before by certain individuals. I care but I'm not going to run their lives. There were times they got themselves into messes and I refused to get them out. The more thoughful daughter drove her Toyota Celica 2500 miles after running over an Armadillo at 100 mph. I didn't pay to fix the car. She forked over $3500 to get her front end rebuilt and all new tires. She knew better, she just didn't think or care to. Hell, I was real uncaring and told her not to buy the damn car in the first place.

I sure as hell am not going to get involved in their freaking bedrooms. When my daughter found out she was pregnant she came to me before her mom. I told her I would go with any decision she made and my support was unconditional.

You can think I don't care about my daughters. I think your wrong. I'm their father, not their friend.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:26 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,480,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Um wait. What exactly has she done wrong?
What she did wrong was hop into bed with a guy she barely knew. He had just turned 22 and was not even a man yet ffs. This recently happened again to a guy I know from work. He's 24 and he had been with this girl for a month and BAM!! she's pregnant. When he found out all he did walk around the shop in a daze. This is a guy who was having a hard time with the right hook of reality. I guess he quit and went to work as a roofer because he can make more money.

Now it seems that my daughter is having real trouble finding a man. This is something women need to take note of. There's plenty of boy toys out there but there is not a lot of men and a lot of those men are not inclined raising the children of boys.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:44 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,617,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Any shame in it? If you think so, that's just a Vic Mackey-bald assertion; not anything factual and certainly nothing to have low self-esteem over.

Then again, I'm not surprised that you're just belching an ad hominem, given you don't even think to question whether your views are for real or just repeating b.s. you uncritically swallowed from the "cool" crowd from your teenage days.
I consider it something to be ashamed of. But, then again, the typical beta male already has, in his mind, rationalized his pathetic state. Usually, he believes he is intellectually and morally superior to alpha males, who he considers nothing more than Neanderthal knuckle draggers. But deep down inside, he knows the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events