Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 06:19 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,314,181 times

Advertisements

I've never had Popeyes, is it spicy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2017, 01:56 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,528,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottsieanna View Post
I've never had Popeyes, is it spicy?
They offer both spicy and mild. Pretty good fried chicken for a large chain.

Old 10-24-2017, 05:54 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,961,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Even though I pointed it out on my very first post, no surprise people keep making the same erroneous comparison between what this woman did, and what other restaurants do when they buy bulk items from Costco or grocery stores to use in their meals.

Restaurants use bulk items like chicken and other name brand ingredients like Morton's Salt from stores to create their meals all the time. Nothing wrong with this at all, that's what stores are for.

However, buying food prepared from another restaurant and misrepresenting it as your own home cooked meal, and marking up the price, if anyone out there can't see how unethical this is, you really must enjoy trolling on these topics just to be that person that always has to stubbornly disagree against common sense. You know, just because you can.

If there was nothing wrong with what she did, then why did she subsequently feel the need to, after being outed, disclose on their food board that they use Popeye's? Why did she feel the need to readjust her claims of all her meals being completely home made? Why did she feel the need to reach out to Popeye's to get permission to do what she was doing (they haven't responded back yet)? These are not the actions of someone that thinks they did nothing wrong at all either from a legal or ethical perspective.

When a Peruvian Rotisserie chicken restaurant buys rotisserie chickens from Costco and passes it off as theirs...it's the same thing.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:31 AM

4,795 posts, read 4,838,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
When a Peruvian Rotisserie chicken restaurant buys rotisserie chickens from Costco and passes it off as theirs...it's the same thing.
How about when they roast their chicken and use a marinade out of a jar and serve frozen French fries with it and use jarred mayonnaise in their green sauce?

Old 10-25-2017, 07:31 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,632,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Even though I pointed it out on my very first post, no surprise people keep making the same erroneous comparison between what this woman did, and what other restaurants do when they buy bulk items from Costco or grocery stores to use in their meals.

Restaurants use bulk items like chicken and other name brand ingredients like Morton's Salt from stores to create their meals all the time. Nothing wrong with this at all, that's what stores are for.

However, buying food prepared from another restaurant and misrepresenting it as your own home cooked meal, and marking up the price, if anyone out there can't see how unethical this is, you really must enjoy trolling on these topics just to be that person that always has to stubbornly disagree against common sense. You know, just because you can.

If there was nothing wrong with what she did, then why did she subsequently feel the need to, after being outed, disclose on their food board that they use Popeye's? Why did she feel the need to readjust her claims of all her meals being completely home made? Why did she feel the need to reach out to Popeye's to get permission to do what she was doing (they haven't responded back yet)? These are not the actions of someone that thinks they did nothing wrong at all either from a legal or ethical perspective.
Your argument is just ridiculous. She used the Popeyes chicken as an INGREDIENT for a recipe, not a MEAL. You sound like you have a vendetta against this place. Your concentration on "marking up the price" makes no sense at all. EVERY BUSINESS IN THE WORLD marks up the cost of what they sell. It's how the pay for expenses and make a profit. Is this the first time you've heard of this? It sounds like you feel that for some reason once an item has been sold it has reached some type of maximum price that can't be violated.

Last edited by rugrats2001; 10-25-2017 at 08:32 PM..

Old 10-25-2017, 11:27 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,571,368 times
so what if she did? she's smart if she can get people to pay more for it by rebranding it

popeyes should have gotten a licensing deal from her

Old 10-26-2017, 02:18 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,421,039 times
You never know what restaurants do to your food or where they source it from.

There was a restaurant recently that got busted, because their workers were in the back alley preparing food on the ground. Nearby was a trashcan with dead rats in it. Imagine spending $15 for a meal here, plus a 20% tip. Would the cost be worth it? Not to me.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:23 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,588,410 times
People just looking for something to complain about.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:30 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,400,224 times
I bought a new release book at a local bookstore back in college, at the price printed on the cover. When I got home, I found a receipt inside where they had picked it up at Walmart for about 20% less. I didn't care if they sourced it from Walmart or their distributor, they had what I wanted when I was in the store at a price I was willing to pay.

Old 10-26-2017, 02:34 PM

17,439 posts, read 15,575,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
I bought a new release book at a local bookstore back in college, at the price printed on the cover. When I got home, I found a receipt inside where they had picked it up at Walmart for about 20% less. I didn't care if they sourced it from Walmart or their distributor, they had what I wanted when I was in the store at a price I was willing to pay.
And on top of that, she didn't simply resell someone else's product. She used it to make her own creation.

That said, I agree with you: There's a corner store close to my house -- walking distance. There have been a few times when I would need one or two things, such as salt, or even deodorant, and did not feel like driving to Target, Wal-Mart, etc. I go there instead. They buy pretty much all of their items from Wal-Mart and Costco, and simply resell them at a higher price. People pay for what they want. The store has it, and it's convenient, I buy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events