Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 08:53 AM

17,548 posts, read 22,313,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
For some reason Ive been getting FB posts from Floyd Mayweather, I never signed up for them and Im not a fan of boxing, so not sure what happened, but all his posts are him flaunting how much money he spends, according to the pictures I see, He is spending about 2 million + per week, and he only gets one big payday here and there when he fights, so Id imagine hes close to being broke too.
Guy gets hit in the head for a living.....why would you expect a good thought process?

If he couldn't learn from the mistakes of fellow boxers like Tyson/Holyfield and their lost fortunes then I don't feel bad for him at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 09:46 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,549,388 times
Quote:
For some reason Ive been getting FB posts from Floyd Mayweather, I never signed up for them and Im not a fan of boxing, so not sure what happened, but all his posts are him flaunting how much money he spends, according to the pictures I see, He is spending about 2 million + per week, and he only gets one big payday here and there when he fights, so Id imagine hes close to being broke too.
I know he spends a bunch and shows off but he also has varies businesses .

I'd be surprised if he's really spending $2 million a week consistently.

He claims to be a billionaire now . So even if he made zero interest on his money it would last about 10 years even if he spends $2 million a week

Floyd Mayweather: I'm now a billionaire - Business Insider

I know he owns a clothing line , investment real estate and a strip club in Vegas . He seems more business minded than Depp .

Old 11-08-2017, 09:48 AM

19,906 posts, read 12,195,727 times
That explains him picking up shifts at Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/27/johnny...de-disneyland/

Old 11-08-2017, 10:05 AM

26,208 posts, read 21,709,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Let's look at the numbers, shall we?

Depp has made $650 million.
It's claimed Depp spends $2 million a month.
So.....it should take him 325 months to burn through the money, which is about 27 years. This is also assuming that he has made no money through investments.
I guess it is possible that he is about broke.
Better get working Johnny.

Well this is a clear misunderstanding of how personal finances work. You have to get from gross income to net, account for the cost of acquiring all the things and then look at what it cost a month to maintain the lifestyle

Old 11-08-2017, 11:09 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,693,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Johnny Depp turned up ‘drunk’ and ‘stinking of booze’ to the London premiere of his new film Murder On The Orient Express

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ress-premiere/
He's done this more than once. It's not a big surprise to anyone.....except him. Hard to count your money when you're drinking it all.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:11 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,693,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That explains him picking up shifts at Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

Johnny Depp Commandeers Pirates of The Caribbean Ride at Disneyland | TMZ.com
The appearances are part of his contract with the movies and Disney.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:21 AM

5,467 posts, read 5,743,335 times
Quote:
As far as I know, all the supercars Mayweather buys he eventually sells at a profit, because they were "owned by Floyd Mayweather". The reason he is flaunting on social media, is to maintain his high roller image to get those big paychecks when he actually boxes. It is a carefully crafted image of Floyd "Money" Mayweather by his PR/marketing people.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:23 AM

8,961 posts, read 11,839,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Depp recently sold 4 of his 5 penthouses in Downtown Los Angeles.

These 5 properties facing foreclosure are also in L.A....so makes me wonder how many properties he owns in L.A alone. Plus I believe he owns property in France or at least he did.
Of course L.A properties have appreciated nicely depending on when he bought of course... but houses don't bring in income if they are sitting vacant meanwhile there are various bills to pay. utilities , insurance, gardener, security, etc

Johnny Depp sells fourth of his five downtown L.A. penthouses - LA Times
The article said he bought in 2007. He might have made out like a pirate on those properties.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:27 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,397,096 times
I think it'd be hilarious if that woman-beating hack ended up homeless.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:31 PM

17,410 posts, read 12,021,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily jump to the conclusion that he was swindled. I mean, we're talking about a guy who blew 5 Million bucks to shoot Hunter Thompson's ashes out of a cannon.
Exactly. And I'm sure if they tried to put the breaks on him, he'd be quick to shut them down and demand "his" money.

Two sides to every story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events