Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 06:51 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,951,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
Petsmart does photos with Santa every year at all locations. I'm sure that they would accommodate both dogs and children. https://www.facebook.com/events/242064679544536/
Yeah...No. This girl has the legal right to take a photo with santa at the mall. She doesn't have to go to PetSmart. She has the legal right. Bottom line. This isn't an emotional support animal. It is a full fledged service dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 06:56 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 20 days ago)

36,097 posts, read 18,379,267 times
So where does the Santa employee's rights kick in? It seems if he has a serious allergy to dogs, that needs to be accommodated too.

I'm so sick of seeing children on news reports hanging their heads and saying "it made me feel so sad" "it made me feel afraid". Why do we encourage children to say they felt sad or afraid? ???

Old 11-28-2017, 06:57 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 20 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Yeah...No. This girl has the legal right to take a photo with santa at the mall. She doesn't have to go to PetSmart. She has the legal right. Bottom line. This isn't an emotional support animal. It is a full fledged service dog.
I almost always agree with you, but in this case, I don't agree that a 10 year old has a "legal right" to have her photo taken with a dressed up Santa Claus at a mall.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Isn't 10 a little old to still believe in Santa?
Why does that matter? I had one kid believe until he was 11. Against all odds....he loved the idea. But he is now older and still is willing to do a Santa photo for his younger sister.

I have seen full grown people do Santa photos

And....lets add. Some people with epilepsy are also delayed developmentally. Just saying...stop judging...

Old 11-28-2017, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I almost always agree with you, but in this case, I don't agree that a 10 year old has a "legal right" to have her photo taken with a dressed up Santa Claus at a mall.
So all other kids are allowed...but not this child? She should go line up with the nasty santa by the rodents in PetSmart?

Old 11-28-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Isn't 10 a little old to still believe in Santa?
Yes, she is. But I think the article said a sibling no longer believes in Santa, not the 10 year old.

I realized Santa wasn't real when I was 4. So there's that. I sat on this guy's lap and saw his fake beard and realized no one could deliver gifts all over the world in one night on a sleigh. When I was 4.

So yeah, it's time for her to realize this. I'm astonished why kids over 5 don't realize Santa is a fun tradition but isn't real. Like the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
So all other kids are allowed...but not this child? She should go line up with the nasty santa by the rodents in PetSmart?
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, HighFlyingBird. The child was allowed. The dog wasn't.

And I love rodents.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:04 PM

5,632 posts, read 6,588,592 times
Quote:
So where does the Santa employee's rights kick in? It seems if he has a serious allergy to dogs, that needs to be accommodated too.

I'm so sick of seeing children on news reports hanging their heads and saying "it made me feel so sad" "it made me feel afraid". Why do we encourage children to say they felt sad or afraid? ???
Because it elicits sympathy, and anyone who doesn't get their heart strings pulled are selfish, non-sympathetic, terrible people without feelings. The child would carry on with his or her life if the adults didn't make it an issue to the media, which then gets the masses all in an uproar. These stories on the news are staged (the sad, head hanging child) to get ratings. Ever notice these stories are usually used as "teasers"?

Yes, where does Santa's "rights" begin when dealing with the public? Accomodations were made, it was the parent who chose to decline them. 15 minutes of fame......

You may disagree with my post, but snarky replies are not wanted. TIA.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:29 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,921,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Because it elicits sympathy, and anyone who doesn't get their heart strings pulled are selfish, non-sympathetic, terrible people without feelings. The child would carry on with his or her life if the adults didn't make it an issue to the media, which then gets the masses all in an uproar. These stories on the news are staged (the sad, head hanging child) to get ratings. Ever notice these stories are usually used as "teasers"?

Yes, where does Santa's "rights" begin when dealing with the public? Accomodations were made, it was the parent who chose to decline them. 15 minutes of fame......

You may disagree with my post, but snarky replies are not wanted. TIA.

Bingo. Because, thanks to mom, her 9-year-old son who was with them, was also indignant and carping to the media about how his sister was treated. And, after the mall honchos said they'd send [presumably, a different] Santa to her house, she said she'd have to think about it because she was still upset, and wasn't sure if she wanted "those people" in her house.

Most of us have taken our kids to see Santa. When you're at the front of the line, as these people were, that kid could have had her pic taken with Santa, without the dog, and without a medical incident--a medical incident that didn't happen, BTW, in the LONGER time it took for this mom to create a scene, and argue with Santa's elves.

And I'd love to know how long her daughter is away from her support dog when she's doing her thing on "a normal cheerleading team," as the mom sniffed. I'm guessing a lot longer than the time it would have taken to simply sit for a picture with Santa.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:44 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,468,161 times
Quote:
True. There is no legal right. Santa can refuse service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events