Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 07:05 PM

13,264 posts, read 7,316,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No money to be made in a lawsuit for pet deaths.
Emotional distress can be proven by family seeing counselling the bad press the airline will give her 100k to go away.

This is how I bet this went down woman puts dog in overhead then sits down plays with her phone the entire flight takes the carrier down plays with her phone while she walks off the plane. Opens the carrier and is surprised the dog is dead that when she takes the pictures figures makes some money out of it by posting online not going to the ticket counter to discus what happend with the airline. Airline doesn't find out until they see the post on twitter that tells me she is looking for money to cover her own ass for making the mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2018, 07:11 PM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Nope, I would have said good for her! No one should put their own convienence over the life of a pet. I too would have gotten off the plane. Killing my dog would never be an option I would even consider in such a situation.
What convenience are you referring to? This lady and her daughter both argued with the flight attendant, it was she the flight attendant who insisted it was airline rules. They had the dog on the floor in his carrier prior. The woman did thorough research to make sure what the rules were and that they were doing it all correctly, she did not take transporting this pet lightly at all.

The judgement just astounds me.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:25 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What convenience are you referring to?.
The convience of not havong to get off the plane and catch a later flight.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:33 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Emotional distress can be proven by family seeing counselling the bad press the airline will give her 100k to go away.

This is how I bet this went down woman puts dog in overhead then sits down plays with her phone the entire flight takes the carrier down plays with her phone while she walks off the plane. Opens the carrier and is surprised the dog is dead that when she takes the pictures figures makes some money out of it by posting online not going to the ticket counter to discus what happend with the airline. Airline doesn't find out until they see the post on twitter that tells me she is looking for money to cover her own ass for making the mistake.
The problem with your theory is that a witness on the plane totally contradicts it. The FA made her take the dog out from under the seat and put it in the overhead bin.

United has accepted responsibility.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:35 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,619,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
So many different versions of the story. On the news they are saying the airlines is claiming the FA didn't understand the mom's accent when she told them that there was a dog in the carrier. What BS. She put the dog in the bin, how could she not know? The daughter who I heard being interviewed on TV did not have even a trace of an accent. She probably would have try to explain about the dog if the mom couldn't.

If this report is accurate, it looks as if United is really trying to defend their FA's actions while at the same time claiming to take responsibility. It just makes them look all the more bad.
When somebody plays the "accent was too hard to understand" card, that's when you know they know they are wrong.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:16 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Short nosed dogs, such as pugs and French bulldogs also have a difficult time breathing. I wouldn't expect everyone to know that, but the owner should have known. These types of dogs are not allowed in the cargo area of planes because so many have died.
Why do people breed such characteristics into animals? It's clearly not in the animal's best interest.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:28 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The first thing many people here do whether the story is about a puppy forced into a bin, an unarmed man shot by police for a broken tailight, a 96 year old foreclosed on for a 30 cent mistake on her payment, or a 12 year old paralyzed for swallowing a slug on a dare, is find a way to blame the victim.
You call it blaming the victim, I call it pointing out where the person could have stepped up and preventing something bad from happening either to them or someone else.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:53 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
One of the first comments in this thread was "Keep your pets at home". Well what if I need to move my pet to a new home 2,500 miles away? Am I allowed to use an airline to transport my pet or should I drive with them in the car for 36 hours?
Aside from a moving van for very large items, don't you have to drive some of your stuff and transport your car there anyway? Move your animals at the same time.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:06 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Aside from a moving van for very large items, don't you have to drive some of your stuff and transport your car there anyway? Move your animals at the same time.
When I moved from California to North Carolina, I did not have my car with me. I shipped all of my belongs, and flew with my dog. I was not going to rent a car and drive 40 hours when I could get there in a fraction of the time by plane. This was also back when gas was almost $5/gal in some locations, so the $200 it cost to fly myself and my dog cross country was much cheaper then renting a car and driving for days.

Old 03-14-2018, 09:13 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times
United accidently flies dog bound for Kansas to Japan... lmao! hope the dog had the required Japanese visa

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/14/us/un...-up/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events