Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 10:34 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,952,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I know what to say: I hope karma kicks the parents and the husband right in the ass, preferably with a steel-toed work boot.

That is one of the most horrible things I have ever heard.

In her memoir, Elisabeth Kübler-Ross said that as a child, her father forced her to take her pet rabbit to the butcher.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:46 AM

2,651 posts, read 1,373,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Cats take plenty of lives, just not human ones. They usually indulge in a bit of sadistic torture of their much smaller victims before the final kill too.
I have always thought that many devoted cat owners would be in for a huge surprise if their cat were suddenly inflated to the size of a lion.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:11 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Is she actually saying “He beat my cat, I killed him,” or is this something the article is saying to sell a story?

No one is going to be using this as a defense to kill a spouse but it could go towards describing a state if mind that could have lead up to a shooting as the result of many other issues that could be in play. In this lady’s case as an example, why was the husband beating the cat, did he beat her, was it the first time or one of many that caused her to snap?

Again, all we know is what we have read from a poorly written report.

If you are worried about spouses using this as a defense for shooting their husbands and getting away with it, here's a suggestion; don’t beat your spouse or her cat and you won’t get shot.
Sensible. ^

People are so reactionary and any top-traffic site knows how to push buttons and get clickbait.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:15 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
I have always thought that many devoted cat owners would be in for a huge surprise if their cat were suddenly inflated to the size of a lion.
We have kitties...my husband was saying this exact thing the other day, LOL. That "playful" pawing would be: removal of our faces.

With that said...

As far as harming animals, yes, a person who is abusive will take great joy in watching his/her victim cry and beg when the victim's pet is harmed. I experienced this growing up, quite a bit. When my stepfather wanted a reason to "punish" me he'd drop-kick my cat and literally boot her across the room. Or he'd sneak up and sideways boot her into the wall. One time he just picked her up in one hand and threw her into the wall. He'd watch my face, grinning. If I so much as twitched that was it, punishment. But he enjoyed it either way - watching me struggle and suffer horribly to not move and help my pet, or being able to harm me for being "brazen" enough to yell out.

Not uncommon at all.

And yes, this is all just supposition. But so what? A few have taken the ball and run with "oh, she killed him just for hitting a cat" so apparently, guesswork is fair game today.

Until we REALLY know...we don't really know.

What we DO know is that if a person were to kill another person literally just for swatting at a cat, one single time, it would be a very, very, very, very, very unusual situation. Period.

Old 06-04-2018, 01:23 PM

9,411 posts, read 11,153,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Hello!!! I love cats..but..a cat is not a human..it's a cat.

She committed murder....simple as that. I know many of you anthropomorphize your animals, but I doubt that the law is going to just let her off as though she killed her abuser or something.

That being said..I'd give it some weight at sentencing.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mary-ha...at-2018-06-03/

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...thropomorphize
Every serial killer has a history of animal abuse. Many other psychopaths also get their start on small innocent critters.

Justifiable homicide was my first thought when I read that article yesterday on a news feed. He'd have killed or maimed her eventually too. He collected his Darwin Award, bye bye a-hole, enjoy your time in hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
When my ex threw my cat against the wall, I knew I had to leave him. He was hitting me, too, and I was too scared to leave before. But if he'd do that to a cat, he'd do it to a baby.

It was hard, because I had no money and had just started working. He quickly tracked me down and threatened to kill me.

I don't know this woman's story but assaulting the cat probably wasn't the first time her husband tried to hurt another creature. I think most people are going to realize that.
Glad you escaped, fluffy. Yeah, this was not this creep's first rodeo. If the cat could've shot him in self-defense, he would have. She should get a Community Service Award.

Old 06-04-2018, 03:49 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,366,258 times
It was murder, but she probably did society a favor. A cat is 1) not an easy animal to beat (anyone who has ever tried to brush one's teeth or clip their nails would understand this) and 2) is surprisingly fragile. I understand how you could give one a swat if it was in the act of biting you (mine just gets dumped out of my lap) but you'd have to make a real effort to repeatedly hit one - like hold it down and whale on it - all the while knowing this was a small and pretty breakable living thing in your hands. Cats can survive falls from large heights, but they're not that sturdy overall. Someone who would do that is depraved and likely a danger to others. And now this guy isn't. *shrug*

Old 06-04-2018, 03:49 PM

17,295 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Sorry but citizens are not allowed vigilante justice, assuming the woman isn't lying.

She should've reported the crime to police not take the matters into her own hands. Now she runs the risk of spending the rest of her life in bars over a cat.

Hope life in prison is worth it.

This is a major concern: Is she making this whole thing about the cat up as a reason for her bad behavior?
HINT: Women who kill their husbands tend to lie........

Old 06-04-2018, 03:56 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,581,931 times
You murder Someone's precious KITTEH, all bets are off the table on what may happen to you!

Old 06-04-2018, 03:59 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
People who abuse animals are bad people. Good riddance. She's going to have to do her time though. She broke the law. If I killed all the bad people I know......

Old 06-04-2018, 04:01 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,500,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Justifiable homicide in my opinion.

I hope the cat is ok.

Dallas woman says she killed husband for beating their pet cat, cops say | Fox News
No. People shouldn't die over cats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events