Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 09:39 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 8 days ago)

35,952 posts, read 18,257,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Ummmm... gee... maybe the parents should store the cleaning solution where the kids can't get at it?

Or better yet, buy a different brand of cleaning solution that doesn't entice one to consume the contents.

How insensitive of any of us to expect parents to do what it takes to protect their own kids.

Java, we just see the world differently. If there's something that's CLEARLY confusable with a beverage, but it's a cleaning fluid, they need to do something else. Something to make it distinct.

I'm thrilled to see in this thread especially the above post with the guy who's "hermaphroditin'" after having 3 glasses of it, (humor) that my first reaction to that a decade ago is how most everyone else perceives it.

It's easy to confuse it with a drink. And that's a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 09:45 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,094,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
To a child it would look like a bottle of juice. It looked like that to me, I just happen to know what Fabuloso is.
But couldn't the same be said for any cleaner? Windex looks like blue Gatorade, Mr. clean looks like yellow Gatorade... Pine sol looks like apple juice...

Cleaning supplies are supposed to be stored away from where young children can access them. If parents choose to give their young children access to poison, that's on them.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's easy to confuse it with a drink. And that's a problem.
Because I know I look for drinks that have baking soda, long lasting fragrance, an odor fighting formula, and clearly says multi purpose cleaner on the bottle.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:54 AM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
But couldn't the same be said for any cleaner? Windex looks like blue Gatorade, Mr. clean looks like yellow Gatorade... Pine sol looks like apple juice...

Cleaning supplies are supposed to be stored away from where young children can access them. If parents choose to give their young children access to poison, that's on them.
Windex is blue, and smells very strongly of cleaner. It doesn't have a graphic of a fruit on the bottle, and it's store in a cleaner type bottle, not a sports drink type container.

The problem here, is that "fabuloso" doesn't sound like a cleaner, it sounds like who knows what, and all the other clues seem like a beverage.

Earlier in this thread I posted that the Walmart Asst. Mgr. said it WAS a drink when I expressed my concern that the display appeared to be a drink display. So even HE, when told it is confusing that it looks like a drink, still didn't "get it". It looks like a drink.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Because I know I look for drinks that have baking soda, long lasting fragrance, an odor fighting formula, and clearly says multi purpose cleaner on the bottle.
I actually do think all that stuff was added since the original item hit the market. Because yeah, it's confusing.

The original display was very difficult to tell WHAT it was even if you gave it a couple seconds of your undivided attention, which actually should be long enough if you're trying to guess should I drink this or should I mop the floor with it.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:01 AM

51,220 posts, read 24,691,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG1572 View Post
It sounds like the girl made it home before the shock set in, so it seems possible she could have told her parents that she accidently ate peanuts because she just looked at the color of the bag. I could see that scenario potentially happening. But I'd agree the words seem to carefully chosen by the parents, and they certainly leave the door open for a lawsuit.

If I were a high schooler today, I'd go into allergy medicine. There's something going on, all these allergies weren't around 20+ years ago when I was a kid. Someday, hopefully someone figures out the trigger.
Well, as a teacher and school administrator since 1973, I remember having kids with peanut allergies since I first started teaching.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Windex is blue, and smells very strongly of cleaner. It doesn't have a graphic of a fruit on the bottle, and it's store in a cleaner type bottle, not a sports drink type container.
Fabuloso also smells strongly of cleaner. Ive never seen it in a sports drink bottle, it comes in a bottle similar to other all purpose cleaners like Lysol, pine sol, or Mr. clean. All of which also have pictures of fruit on their fruit scented bottles.

Quote:
The problem here, is that "fabuloso" doesn't sound like a cleaner, it sounds like who knows what, and all the other clues seem like a beverage.
I'm not sure what a cleaner sounds like, but I know all purpose cleaner defiantly sounds like a cleaner.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:21 AM

6,804 posts, read 4,512,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApePeeD View Post
I wouldn't say you "got rid of it", I would say you desensitized him gradually. Much like allergy shots are done. He probably still has the allergy, just requiring a MUCH larger dose than before for a reaction, which is excellent.
Interesting. Maybe that's why kids didn't seem to have peanut allergies in the 1940s and 1950s. Maybe the symptoms were misdiagnosed as diaper rash or something, and the peanut treats continued to be handed out to us until we kids slowly built up a resistance.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Fabuloso also smells strongly of cleaner. Ive never seen it in a sports drink bottle, it comes in a bottle similar to other all purpose cleaners like Lysol, pine sol, or Mr. clean. All of which also have pictures of fruit on their fruit scented bottles.

I'm not sure what a cleaner sounds like, but I know all purpose cleaner defiantly sounds like a cleaner.
Well, a cleaner sounds like Pine Sol, Lysol or Mr. Clean.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,930,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
Barring some mental disability, a 15 year old is not a "child". A tragic death nonetheless.
Can't vote, can't buy a drink, can't smoke, can't fight in the armed forces, can't drive (in many states), has to attend school... yep... adult, not a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events