Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 09:17 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
1) A diamond appreciates

2) If she broke off the engagement, he gets the ring. Not sure what law is regarding if he breaks off the engagement

Rarely. Unless it’s a investment grade clarity and above a certain carat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
He's a lawyer. Some lawyers make really good money.

Plenty of people in the country have the money for a 100K wedding ring.
Yes. That’s right. But this guy took out a loan and used cc to do it. Multi millionaires have that money. I dint think this guy did have the money everyone assumes he does. His profession doesn’t mean anything. Most lawyers don’t get paid millions. Most lawyers average 140,000 dollars a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 09:20 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post

Yes. That’s right. But this guy took out a loan and used cc to do it. Multi millionaires have that money. I dint think this guy did have the money everyone assumes he does. His profession doesn’t mean anything. Most lawyers don’t get paid millions. Most lawyers average 140,000 dollars a year.
Read the lawsuit I posted. Everything she wanted he did so he's the chump. He's rarely said no. Few occasions with furniture for the house but other then that I'm not seeing anything in his papers. The most shocking part of the lawsuit is he said she used his credit card without him letting her; well how on earth did she even do that?

Last edited by Roselvr; 09-27-2018 at 09:39 AM..

Old 09-27-2018, 09:22 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Yo what? I am not married, but people still buy engagement rings?
Yes, they do.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:23 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
Humans "need" very little. Do you have things you don't "need?"
That’s a non-sequitur.

We all have things we don’t need, but we don’t take out a $30,000 personal loan, savings, and max out credit cards to purchase 1 big thing we can’t afford.

Quote:
1) A diamond appreciates
Not the type of diamond the DC lawyer financed or any type of diamond you can afford.

This isn’t some billionaire buying a ring for his wife’s collection that was going to sit in a jewelry box in pristine condition. It’s a guy who financed a custom piece and is now fighting over it with a former girlfriend who was going to wear it daily and who clearly took advantage of him.

Last edited by Rocko20; 09-27-2018 at 09:38 AM..

Old 09-27-2018, 09:24 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
1) A diamond appreciates

2) If she broke off the engagement, he gets the ring. Not sure what law is regarding if he breaks off the engagement
Diamonds are actually so common, they'd be a dime a dozen, almost, if it weren't for the heavy marketing DeBiers does, in combination with their near total control of the supply.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:26 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Yo what? I am not married, but people still buy engagement rings?
Yes, you can thank the millions of married and engaged females with big stones on their ring finger, posting it on social media for that. It is a societal/cultural expectation and the vast majority of newly engaged women expect a decent engagement ring.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
This. This is the reality check people need, regarding how much lawyers make. There are only a few niches in the legal field. that pay highly, and even then, it's not enough to drop $100K on a ring for Muffy.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:32 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Read the lawsuit I posted. Everything she wanted he did so he's the chump. He's never said no. The most shocking part of the lawsuit is he said she used his credit card without him letting her; well how on earth did she even do that?
I never said he wasn’t a chump. Looks to me like she wore the balls and the pants in the family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Diamonds are actually so common, they'd be a dime a dozen, almost, if it weren't for the heavy marketing DeBiers does, in combination with their near total control of the supply.
This^^^^
If you really want to impress get precious gem stones. They are far more rare than diamonds.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:45 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
I never said he wasn’t a chump. Looks to me like she wore the balls and the pants in the family

This^^^^
If you really want to impress get precious gem stones. They are far more rare than diamonds.
She sure did

Quote:

He took out a loan for $30,000. The house they rented was $5,000 a month plus he's paying the $30k loan at $1000 per; add to it insurance on the ring which I don't recall if he listed. He also footed the bill to furnish the house and took on supporting her. He was living like he made pretty good money is what I meant; that's why I said to read it. He had to be bringing home pretty good money.

I'm sure he's throwing out a pretty penny on attorney fees here too.

I really want to know who called it off. He included every receipt and email/ facebook post he could but not the one thing that matters the most.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
This^^^^
Yup. Diamonds are BO-ringggg. If I had $100K to spend on a stone, I wouldn't waste it on a diamond. These people had no imagination, or knowledge of gemstones. I'd go for a high-quality Alexandrite. The high-quality ones in a good size are very hard to come by. They somehow reflect two contrasting colors in one stone: turquoise and purple. Amazing. If you want beautiful and unusual stones, go to the Urals. Go to Ekaterinburg, the gem capital of Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events