Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 05:39 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I have dealt with special-needs employees and, at times, have found it kinda annoying.
Yeah, so? Learn to live with mild annoyances for the greater good of doing the right thing. (That's not directed at you personally, tickyul. That's me shouting into the air.)

I've run into minor annoyances with people who don't think just as I do, too. One night at 9 p.m. the line for the only open cashier snaked back into frozen foods, and the only other employee visible was standing behind the customer-service desk twirling a pen into her ear and staring into space.

It became a moment when I decided I could stay annoyed or just accept that I had to stand on a line longer than usual and that I should use the time to think about some things that needed to be thought about.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:04 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,240 times
Bicker

Bicker

Bicker

That is what I see in this thread.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 06:58 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,817,521 times
Quote:
I have dealt with special-needs employees and, at times, have found it kinda annoying.
What a shame. I'm sorry their life long disability is annoying to you for those few moments you may feel inconvenienced.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:06 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Not so different than dealing with regular employees is it?

Old 10-07-2018, 08:13 PM

15,528 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Not so different than dealing with regular employees is it?
No kidding.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:01 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,470,515 times
The sign made me go “ouch.” Not the God part—but the fact that it seemed so patronizing to the employees referenced. It came off like these folks are “less than but we are hiring them anyway.” How about “Our team brings a diversity of skill sets to the table so that we may offer a great dining experience. We look forward to serving you!”

Old 10-08-2018, 05:52 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,483,680 times
Quote:
Perhaps special-needs employees have found dealing with you 'kinda annoying' ...

Old 10-08-2018, 03:51 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
My Kids just taught me a new one
"Fake Outrage
Quote:
usually generated as a way of trying to create a controversy

Old 10-09-2018, 05:45 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
https://www.wyff4.com/article/we-hir...oyees/23584311

Kudos to the owner of this Pizza Inn

On Sunday though, a customer complained about the service. Cartagine says the gentleman asked an employee who has autism to refill the lettuce bowl.

"My manager explained to him the situation privately, 'That's not his job. We've trained him to do this and there are special circumstances,' and the customer was still not happy."

Cartagine says the man suggested that they put a sign on the door to make customers aware.

Cartagine decided to put a sign up that reads, "We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and hire all of God's children."

"If he is not OK with that, then I'm OK with him not coming back," said Cartagine. "That's a dollar that I don't need."
100%

People should be more aware of the (ADA) American with Disabilities Act. Congratulations to the owner of the establishment for hiring persons with Disabilities. and employing programming of reasonable accommodations to make that employee feel whole.

No one chooses to have a disability... we should be with empathy to regard the hard work people with disabilities go through to try and fit in and make their lives as normal as they can. Again, thank you to the shop owners for the compassion to know the value of "all" human life.
What some take for granted... is a major achievement for others.... we just might want to take time to be kinder people, and invest continually in developing a sense of empathy for and of others.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:22 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
100%

People should be more aware of the (ADA) American with Disabilities Act. Congratulations to the owner of the establishment for hiring persons with Disabilities. and employing programming of reasonable accommodations to make that employee feel whole.

No one chooses to have a disability... we should be with empathy to regard the hard work people with disabilities go through to try and fit in and make their lives as normal as they can. Again, thank you to the shop owners for the compassion to know the value of "all" human life.
What some take for granted... is a major achievement for others.... we just might want to take time to be kinder people, and invest continually in developing a sense of empathy for and of others.

Beautifully said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events