Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 09:04 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,562 times

Advertisements

The story makes no sense. What were the 2 men doing while on duty at the shooter's apartment? Why is he saying this was a game of russian roulette? this is a game where a person pulls the trigger at one own's head, not the chest of another - that's called attempted murder. I think the most likely scenario is this female cop was killed intentionally for some reason and this is a cover up story to avoid going to jail for life. Either that, or the story is true and these are the dumbest cops who ever lived.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:21 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
You would think they knew better. idiots.
They say, that police departments don't like to hire cops who are above average intelligence. This is what you get, when you make that type of choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy;
]Yea when I read this story yesterday, all I could think was it stunk to high heaven. I definitely don't believe the Russian roulette story at all.

Whole thing is shady. Like what's a married young woman doing at such a late hour in the company of two men at the office?
This.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yea when I read this story yesterday, all I could think was it stunk to high heaven. I definitely don't believe the Russian roulette story at all.

Whole thing is shady. Like what's a married young woman doing at such a late hour in the company of two men at the office?
They weren't at the office. They were in the perp's apartment. Even more fishy. IDK how the men could claim to be "on duty" while at the home of one of the guys. What kind of "on duty" is that?

Old 01-26-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
And yet 'Russian Roulette' has been something people have been doing for 100s of years?!

I doubt its suddenly going to stop anytime soon, heck, they even have special gun kits for this game, most are pretty fancy from what Ive seen.
Seriously? How many people do you know, who play Russian roulette? How many cops do you know, who are dumb enough to do that?

Old 01-26-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Seriously? How many people do you know, who play Russian roulette? How many cops do you know, who are dumb enough to do that?
But this wasn't Russian roulette.

Rus·sian rou·letteDictionary result for Russian roulette
/ˈˌrəSHən ro͞oˈlet/Submit
noun
the practice of loading a bullet into one chamber of a revolver, spinning the cylinder, and then pulling the trigger while pointing the gun at one's own head.

She didn't shoot herself in the head, and they didn't spin the cylinder between each pull of the trigger. Nothing in the facts fits a game of Russian roulette, so I don't understand why it is even in the story, or why the cop is trying to claim this is what they were doing? I think the prosecutor should forget the words "Russian roulette" and charge this guy with either second or first degree murder.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:37 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,575 times
While this story is indeed outlandish, and could indeed be cover for something more sinister... the idea - repeated by one poster after another - that is must be bogus is, well, naive. Yes - naive. It's naive because it suggests that such posters just cannot conceive of people being that clueless, that reckless, that idiotic.

Really?

You can't?

Because I can.

I live in a world teeming with complete and total morons who are fully capable of doing exactly what is described. So do you. And if you think you don't, well then... can I interest you in some lovely oceanfront property in Iowa?

Old 01-26-2019, 09:45 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,188,788 times
Jeez, I hate bemoreto.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:49 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
But this wasn't Russian roulette.

Rus·sian rou·letteDictionary result for Russian roulette
/ˈˌrəSHən ro͞oˈlet/Submit
noun
the practice of loading a bullet into one chamber of a revolver, spinning the cylinder, and then pulling the trigger while pointing the gun at one's own head.

She didn't shoot herself in the head, and they didn't spin the cylinder between each pull of the trigger. Nothing in the facts fits a game of Russian roulette, so I don't understand why it is even in the story, or why the cop is trying to claim this is what they were doing? I think the prosecutor should forget the words "Russian roulette" and charge this guy with either second or first degree murder.
I guess for lack of a better word. The one officer who was arrested took all the bullets out of the gun except one and then spun it. He shot it away from everybody and it did not go off. Then the girl cop took the gun and pointed it at the officer and shot but it did not go off. Then he took it back and pointed at her and shot and that is when it did go off.

The third officer was trying to get them to stop from the beginning and as soon as they started shooting he decided to leave he was walking out of the apartment when he heard the gunshot per the story.

It is an odd story, and I guess if they were planning to kill her it would be a good plot. But why on earth would both of those officers want to kill her?

The police don’t know why they were at his apartment when they were supposed to be on duty.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I guess for lack of a better word. The one officer who was arrested took all the bullets out of the gun except one and then spun it. He shot it away from everybody and it did not go off. Then the girl cop took the gun and pointed it at the officer and shot but it did not go off. Then he took it back and pointed at her and shot and that is when it did go off.

The third officer was trying to get them to stop from the beginning and as soon as they started shooting he decided to leave he was walking out of the apartment when he heard the gunshot per the story.

It is an odd story, and I guess if they were planning to kill her it would be a good plot. But why on earth would both of those officers want to kill her?

The police don’t know why they were at his apartment when they were supposed to be on duty.
Yeah, I know that's the story, and that isn't Russian roulette, or any kind of game like he wants everyone to think. What probably happened is he killed her then made up the story about putting one bullet in the chamber. His story might actually make sense had he shot her in the temple at close range. Not buying this happened like that for a second.
If I were the prosecutor I'd first want to know why both he and his partner were at his apartment while on duty? I'm pretty sure cops aren't allowed to hang around their homes while on duty waiting for a call.

Last edited by duke944; 01-26-2019 at 10:01 AM..

Old 01-26-2019, 09:54 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Yeah, I know that's the story, and that isn't Russian roulette - not even close to it. What probably happened is he killed her then made up the story about putting one bullet in the chamber. His story might actually make sense had he shot her in the temple at close range.
Not buying this happened like that for a second.
But why would the other cop be helping him? That doesn’t make any sense. And I’m sure they have the spent shell casings from the first two bullets. So if two shots were fired before she was killed, and she was in danger, why would she not have screamed? They were in an apartment, if she had screamed people would’ve heard it. And she certainly would’ve had time to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events