Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 02:44 PM

27 posts, read 23,303 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ILLED-her.html

Quote:
A mother claims her breast implants almost killed her and she was back to full health within 24 hours of having them removed.

Gabrielle Case, 29, of Wilmington, North Carolina, went from an A cup to a D cup in May 2015 after breastfeeding left her insecure.

But a year later, the bodybuilder said she began suffering from chronic headaches, memory loss, acne, loss of appetite, ovarian cysts and hair loss.

Soon riddled with anxiety and depression, she spent $50,000 (£38,000) on medical bills to try and find a diagnosis - but to no avail.

Eventually, she was left bed-bound and struggling to breathe. Ms Case said: 'There were a lot of nights that I thought I was dying.
I know it's obviously a woman's choice to get them but I wish they didn't. On top of possible health issues they just don't feel right. I dated a woman once that had them and they felt like boulders, maybe just the kind she had but I really didn't like how they felt at all. My wife is a small petite woman with an A cup and that's perfectly fine with me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 02:53 PM

19,731 posts, read 12,304,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkinson View Post

I know it's obviously a woman's choice to get them but I wish they didn't. On top of possible health issues they just don't feel right. I dated a woman once that had them and they felt like boulders, maybe just the kind she had but I really didn't like how they felt at all. My wife is a small petite woman with an A cup and that's perfectly fine with me!
What is really bad is the textured ones that feel more natural have been found to cause cancer.

That woman in the article is a body builder, she's gotta look great with any size breasts.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:40 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,195,466 times
Woman almost dies due to breast implants

I once knew a gal who's implants nearly killed me.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:13 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,819,423 times
I know a person who went thru hail and back with implants. She finally had them taken out, so at least 3-4 surgeries involved. Today in her 70's, she is in dementia. Not funny and hard to believe anyone would do this to their bodies.....surgery is hard enough but all these elective stuff!!!!

Old 04-02-2019, 07:23 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,226,375 times
Breasts, breasts, lookie, everyone, a medical story about breasts.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:28 PM

49 posts, read 98,558 times
So I guess the message here is don't breast feed so you don't end up nearly dead from breast augmentation.

Old 04-02-2019, 07:43 PM

22,679 posts, read 24,673,472 times
So hard to tell how someone is going to react to a foreign substance being put into their body.

I get queasy and sick when I wake-up from surgery, if I am exposed to rubber/latex/plastic during the surgery.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:09 PM

676 posts, read 724,619 times
I have a silicone implant for 17 years. I'm perfectly ok. I had it switched out 5 or 6 years ago for a fresh new one. The older one got just a little hard and the size wasn't correct. So far so good with this newer one.

Why only one?? You guessed it. Breast reconstruction after mastectomy. No regrets, no problems. In fact I look pretty darn good for a 65 year old. Lemon of a situation turned into lemonade.

Old 04-03-2019, 06:01 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,675,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkinson View Post

Thanks for sharing the article. I'll be sure to share it on facebook. Glad I never felt the need to get implants. The only people I know that have them had a mastectomy. Thankfully they never had issues.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:37 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,273,456 times
I'm by no means promoting getting breast implants. But this article is nonsense. Even if someone was getting ill from their implants, the problem doesn't go away in 24 hours after removing them.

Actual evidence based info about the subject - from a peer reviewed medical journal article published just last month, in the official publication of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. At this point in time, there is no conclusive evidence, but the issue needs further study.

Quote:
The relationship between breast implants and systemic disease, including autoimmune disease, has been postulated, studied, and claimed since 1964, but the debate continues even today. A systematic, prospective evaluation of breast implant outcomes and study of samples from patients with BII, correlating their preoperative symptoms and morbidity to measurable postexplantation improvement is required. A way forward will require a collaborative and open approach across a range of organizations and borders.
https://journals.lww.com/plasreconsu...orward.12.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events