Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 06:59 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
^^^ yes instead he'll end up with three hots and a cot for the rest of his life most likely.
Not for the rest of his life, though--even with the additional illegal weapons charge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 07:51 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,390,401 times
savages, put him in the chair immediately.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:20 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
I'd like to find out more details of what happened.

I'm wondering why this guy was handing out money and paying for other people's bills, but apparently not for the lady whose companion ending up shooting the guy.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:04 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,967,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

I'm wondering why this guy was handing out money and paying for other people's bills, but apparently not for the lady whose companion ending up shooting the guy.
Why does it really matter? Even if the guy handing out money was a drug dealer or whatever, you don't shoot someone in the head if they don't pay your bill.

That Waffle House looks pretty scary. I don't think I would want to be around that part of town with guns blazing.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:20 AM

17,295 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Florida. Nothing in this story shocks or surprises me in the slightest. Florida.
Just remember lots of stories include folks that were from somewhere else, Florida is a sunny place for shady people.

It all starts like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad5paRXNWVg

Old 04-10-2019, 07:21 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
A

Mind you, I'm not excusing the greedy person who argued with him because she wanted free money, much less the POS who shot the man. I'm just saying that this person, well-meaning though he may have been, used very poor judgment. And, unfortunately, paid the ultimate penalty for it.

So, helping people is now considered "using poor judgement"? When did that happen? Who decides such things for us, you? Helping people used to be considered a beautiful thing. But now the scumbags are murdering the good Samaritans, and people like you blame us for helping in the first place.

Quote:

Really? You really need to know that before determining the guilt or innocence of the murderer? Scary!

Old 04-10-2019, 07:22 AM

17,295 posts, read 22,013,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Not for the rest of his life, though--even with the additional illegal weapons charge.
FL has a 10-20-life

The law's name comes from three main mandatory sentences: 1) producing a firearm during the commission of certain felonies mandates at least a 10-year prison sentence; 2) firing one mandates at least a 20-year prison sentence; and 3) shooting someone mandates a minimum sentence of 25 years to life regardless of whether a victim is killed or simply injured. The maximum penalty is a life sentence unless the defendant is charged with felony murder or first degree murder in which case the maximum is the death penalty.

Old 04-10-2019, 07:32 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
That adds nothing "more to the story," simply because investigators stated that they're looking into whether the two knew each other and had some issue. Isn't that routine? (Yes.)

According to witnesses, the kerfuffle ensued after the killer's female friend confronted the victim because she didn't get hers.
Entitlement mentality brought on by, most likely, cradle to grave handouts.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:21 AM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
There's nothing wrong with trying to find out exact details of what happened.

Whatever happened to waiting until the entire story is told, or does that only apply when it caters to your own biases.

The guilt of this shooter is not being debated here, let's get that straight. The shooter deserves to fry for what he did.

However, there's absolutely nothing wrong in wanting to find out the complete story of what led to the argument. Why was the 'good Samaritan' handing out money and paying diner's bill, and why did he apparently not do the same for this one lady. Did the guy then escalate the situation by engaging in choice words?

Complain all you want about 'blaming' the victim, however, rational people like myself want to know the complete story of certain situations instead of picking and choosing when to do so based on race, politics, etc.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:23 AM

745 posts, read 479,817 times
Quote:

Quite possibly, others were surrounding like a pack of wild animals and he was not able to get near her. Overall, it doesn't matter. He didn't owe anyone there anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events