Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 04:37 AM

1,154 posts, read 1,425,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
I think that it DOES need to be said. If you look at Lueck's IG account, she not only promoted the sugar baby/daddy lifestyle, but gave advice to other young women on how to do the same thing. There are popular podcasts with young college/post college women and all try to teach that this lifestyle isn't dangerous prostitution but "female empowerment". Read or listen to any of that and it's shocking what you will hear.These women delude themselves into thinking they are strong and in control when in many cases they are putting themselves at great risk. They have huge followings too. Yes, young people don't want to listen but if one young woman is shaken into reality by this tragedy than it needs to be said.
https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyc...ContentID=3051

Kids ( and YES...she was still a kid) brains just aren't fully developed until they are at least 25 yrs of age. They do think they know it ALL then but when we look back at those years, we ALL admit we just were not that smart. I cannot even imagine how knowing all the facts will be for her family & friends for the rest of their lives.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:08 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I've heard otherwise.

And just looking at the flood of characters that are pouring into this nation I can see with my own eyes that the people our bureaucrats are signing off on are such a negative to the country that one can only conclude that those bureaucrats do in fact hate this country.
That’s exactly what people said about the masses of Irish and Italian that came over before WWII

Old 07-01-2019, 05:39 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,559,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
Are you saying because it is hard to immigrate into this country, which it should be, you have no problem with people cutting the line and doing it illegally? Would you like it if someone cut ahead of you at the theater when there was a limited number of seats available? These people seeking "asylum" could have stayed in Mexico and they would have been safe.
let's try to stay on topic. this is not about illegal immigration. the psycho here is neither illegal or Mexican.

Please take the regurgitated fox news noise back to the politics board.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I've heard otherwise.

And just looking at the flood of characters that are pouring into this nation I can see with my own eyes that the people our bureaucrats are signing off on are such a negative to the country that one can only conclude that those bureaucrats do in fact hate this country.

That really is a ridiculous statement. that's like saying if you see me eating at a restaurant and I don't eat my vegetables then of course the conclusion is "I hate vegetables".

next, these people that you "see". 1) how do you know their immigration status? 2) how long do you see them? do you following them for a month, 1/2 year, year to see their character or like most folks who jump to ridiculous conclusion, do you see them is a bad moment at the walmart and of course conclude their character?
3. where are you "hearing" this information?
4. Do you have any idea of the immigration process? these "bureaucrats" as you call them, cannot willy, nilly just decide who gets in and who doesn't. I mean you realize there are rules and regulations that have been decided by congress and pressed into law.

lol, please stop

lastly if they do hate America is probably more because they get paid pitiful wages at a thankless job while the blowhards in the nations capital do more damage to this country than any illegal is doing.

Last edited by eliza61nyc; 07-01-2019 at 05:56 AM..

Old 07-01-2019, 05:48 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Sage advice from Football Coach great Nick Sabin to his college players....

In her case it was a man, after midnight and possibly a gun involved.

"One thing I always tell players is that there are three bad things: Nothing good happens after midnight, nothing good happens when you're around guns unless you're going hunting, and you don't want to mess around with women that you don't know because a lot of times, bad things happen."

Nick Saban

Old 07-01-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post

Kids ( and YES...she was still a kid) brains just aren't fully developed until they are at least 25 yrs of age. They do think they know it ALL then but when we look back at those years, we ALL admit we just were not that smart. I cannot even imagine how knowing all the facts will be for her family & friends for the rest of their lives.
You know what I love about the hypocrisy of this statement, is how we twist it to fit our argument.

If a 23 year old is broke and living with their parents we scream about how when we hit 18 we were "adults" supporting ourselves and living on our own and that they need to "grow up"

If a 23 year old does something irresponsible and it ends badly then the tune changes and then they are "not adults".

amazing how that works.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:58 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,862,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sage advice from Football Coach great Nick Sabin to his college players....

In her case it was a man, after midnight and possibly a gun involved.

"One thing I always tell players is that there are three bad things: Nothing good happens after midnight, nothing good happens when you're around guns unless you're going hunting, and you don't want to mess around with women that you don't know because a lot of times, bad things happen."

Nick Saban
He told his players they don’t want to mess around with women they don’t know because bad things happen.
(They might kill them? How does this even apply to the topic?)

Nothing good happens around guns unless you’re going hunting. (Because killing animals is good, and the chances of shooting yourself or hunting buddy increases dramatically?)

If he played football, there’s a good chance he had a traumatic brain injury.

Last edited by RbccL; 07-01-2019 at 06:28 AM..

Old 07-01-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
He told his players they don’t want to mess around with women they don’t know because bad things happen.
(They might kill them? How does this even apply to the topic?)

Nothing good happens around guns unless your going hunting. (Because killing animals is good, and the chances of shooting yourself or or hunting buddy increases dramatically?)

If he played football, there’s a good chance he had a traumatic brain injury.
lol, I don't think he meant for his players to take it word for word literally.

So I volunteer at my church and we do counseling for couples. we call it the "linked" ministry. You know what we have found out over many years?
A whole bunch of couples hop into bed with their partner without really getting to know them and then find out much later after they've gotten into a more permanent relationship that they really did not know the person. bad.

"bad things" in many instances does not have to be murder, rape etc.

I tell my kids a version of this and this is just "mama" wisdom, "get to know someone before you start messing around with them".

But you are right, we are kinda straying off topic.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:30 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,862,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
lol, I don't think he meant for his players to take it word for word literally.

So I volunteer at my church and we do counseling for couples. we call it the "linked" ministry. You know what we have found out over many years?
A whole bunch of couples hop into bed with their partner without really getting to know them and then find out much later after they've gotten into a more permanent relationship that they really did not know the person. bad.

"bad things" in many instances does not have to be murder, rape etc.

I tell my kids a version of this and this is just "mama" wisdom, "get to know someone before you start messing around with them".

But you are right, we are kinda straying off topic.
Right. Young men don’t really need to be aware of strange women and guns, this is more than off topic.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:50 AM

811 posts, read 621,772 times
This terrible incident DOES need to be discussed in the public square. If it helps protect even one girl Mackenzie’s death will not have been in vain. Once again, of course she didn’t directly cause her own murder but it’s common sense to know that you may be risking life or limb by meeting a stranger for sex at 3a.
Cannot even believe people are attempting to argue this.

How far have we fallen as a society when some try to justify prostitution as a legit way to pay off student loans? Disgusting and sad.

“Agency”... For the militant feminists out there: Is it really empowering for a woman to be a prostitute? Morality and statistics would say otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events